Remote Mine

Just playing with this support, and I noticed the cast time on it isn't dependent on the cast time of spells attached. This means it's faster to stack remote mines than it is to actually cast some of these slower spells multiple times in a row (Ice Nova, for example).

Also, I'm curious how this support behaves regarding criticals. I'm assuming it works like most other things in the game where the critical chance is "rolled" once - if it's a go, all of the mines will crit. If not, none of them do.

I'm extremely interested in this support now and seriously considering some builds based around it...

EDIT: On a semi-related note, how does the "Trap[/Mine] Trigger Radius" passive skill affect mines? Is it effectively a 10% AoE increase for spells hooked up to them?

EDIT: In what order are effects added if using different mines? Because they all -appear- to detonate at once, I'm confused how this is worked out. For example, what if I lay down one Arc trap and 4 Ice Nova traps on top of each other, and the Arc was able to shock enemies? Would the shock (if applicable) take effect before the damage from the skills? In fact, how does that work normally anyway? If you just cast Arc one time, for example, and it shocks the enemy, do they take 40% increased damage on that cast or only on casts afterwards?
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Dec 23, 2012, 10:55:17 PM
"
Also, I'm curious how this support behaves regarding criticals.

The same as all other skills; every activation gets its own crit roll. Every mine is an individual cast, and has a separate crit roll.

"
EDIT: On a semi-related note, how does the "Trap[/Mine] Trigger Radius" passive skill affect mines? Is it effectively a 10% AoE increase for spells hooked up to them?

Trigger Radius is exactly what it says on the tin; the radius at which the trap is triggered. It does not effect trap/mine AoE radius, nor that of linked skills.

"
EDIT: In what order are effects added if using different mines? Because they all -appear- to detonate at once, I'm confused how this is worked out. For example, what if I lay down one Arc trap and 4 Ice Nova traps on top of each other, and the Arc was able to shock enemies? Would the shock (if applicable) take effect before the damage from the skills? In fact, how does that work normally anyway? If you just cast Arc one time, for example, and it shocks the enemy, do they take 40% increased damage on that cast or only on casts afterwards?

The Shock is applied after damage is dealt (to figure out the Shock duration, it needs to know how much damage is dealt).
As for the multi-trap nuke: damage will not be applied simultaneously. The traps go off in a specified order, but what that order is, is likely decided on a per-situation base. If you want the Arc Mine to trigger first, the most reliable method is to simply put it a step closer to the enemy. Then, when monsters approach, they will first enter the Arc Mine's trigger radius.

EDIT BY ML: Whoops, edited instead of quoting and didn't realize until I'd submitted; reverting the edit now...ignore the 'edited by' thing at the bottom, sorry about that.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Dec 24, 2012, 12:59:16 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

The same as all other skills; every activation gets its own crit roll. Every mine is an individual cast, and has a separate crit roll.

Mines all detonate at one time, which is why I ask about the critical roll. Yes, you lay them individually, but they all go off at the same time (visually, anyway) and with a single button press. It seems like a special case, since it's essentially 5 spell casts with one button, so I wonder how the critical rolls work for it.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Trigger Radius is exactly what it says on the tin; the radius at which the trap is triggered. It does not effect trap/mine AoE radius, nor that of linked skills.

It says it increases trap/mine trigger radius. Mines don't have a trigger radius (as far as I can tell, anyway), so I'm confused what that passive actually does for them. Traps are quite obvious, but mines are not. My first guess was the one I posted before, though I'm also thinking it could have something to do with enemy detection when considering direction to aim spells that require aiming (Freezing Pulse, for example). I'm still not sure though.

"
The Shock is applied after damage is dealt (to figure out the Shock duration, it needs to know how much damage is dealt).
As for the multi-trap nuke: damage will not be applied simultaneously. The traps go off in a specified order, but what that order is, is likely decided on a per-situation base. If you want the Arc Mine to trigger first, the most reliable method is to simply put it a step closer to the enemy. Then, when monsters approach, they will first enter the Arc Mine's trigger radius.

In regards to the shock calculation needing to take effect after damage: I don't know why I didn't consider that before. It seems so obvious now that you point it out...big derp on my part, haha.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Dec 24, 2012, 1:25:24 AM
I might go out to double-check the crit roll deal later today.

Good point on Trigger radius...
Enemy detection sounds very likely; it's detonated on command, but will trigger targeting a specific enemy.
Found strange behavior this game actually lowers damage on tip arc lvl 2 gem 4-78, arc on tooltip 3-59, fire ball lvl 10 though seems work ok 64-96, with remote 96-145. in both cases no elemental damage bonuses either on passives, or gear except 30% from wand and focus in total
Arc has a 50% Damage Effectiveness modifier, reducing final damage by half.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Enemy detection sounds very likely; it's detonated on command, but will trigger targeting a specific enemy.
This is correct. A trap is constantly checking it's trigger radius and detonates when a monster enters it, targeting that monster. A mine checks it only when detonated to find a target for the skill.
It's the distance a trap/mine can 'see' enemies.
I did not read the entire thread, but is there a possibility to change how triggering those mines work?

To be able to instantaniuosly trigger the mines would help this skill alot.
In other words, you could trigger the mines while in movement, or another action/skill.

Would definately improve the dynamical aspect ingame, give the combat a little more flow.

Dont know, if this would make the gem kind of broken/unbalanced, but would be pretty neat.

The specific idea behind this, was to be able to trigger mines while you still can move, or while in use of charge-skills like shield-charge,whirling blades, etc..

Maybe an increase of the cast-/layingspeed, to balance out the ability to insta-trigger, if needed.

Would certainly aid to more ideas in terms of builds.

Any thoughts?
I'd also like a way to modify the detonation animation (maybe with faster cast rate) but I don't think it deserves also nerfing the mine laying speed.

https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Jan 13, 2013, 12:42:47 AM
Just a question, probably very simple, but I couldn't find this explicitly stated anywhere, and was wondering if it worked like Bear Trap:

Does the mine still deal spell damage? Do passive nodes that increase spell damage affect skills that are linked to Remote Mine?

EDIT: Thought of another question. Does faster cast speed affect how quickly you can set/detonate mines? Or are the specific "Trap Laying Speed" passives the only way to hasten the animation?
Last edited by cescobar on Jan 19, 2013, 6:24:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info