Remote Mine

I'd really like cescobar's questions answered, too.

And one more question: when I used remote mine(+Arctic Breath) near the goatmen on the Rocky Climb, they would pounce on the mines, destroying them before I could activate them. Is this a bug or is it intentional that mines can be destroyed by monsters? Cause as far as I know, they don't have any health anyway, so why would the monsters attack the mines in the first place?
Last edited by Dechef on Jan 19, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
The reason your mines are being destroyed is because Traps and Mines are 'vulnerable to AoE'. What that refers to is that they can be hit by AoE attacks such as Leap Slam, and will always be destroyed by them because Traps and Mines have 1 Life (they probably took CI + EB for maximum mana).

The mine simply casts the linked skill for you, same as the totem and traps. The skill doesn't suddenly become a non-Spell if it was originially a Spell or vice versa.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 19, 2013, 11:48:13 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The reason your mines are being destroyed is because Traps and Mines are 'vulnerable to AoE'. What that refers to is that they can be hit by AoE attacks such as Leap Slam, and will always be destroyed by them because Traps and Mines have 1 Life (they probably took CI + EB for maximum mana).

The mine simply casts the linked skill for you, same as the totem and traps. The skill doesn't suddenly become a non-Spell if it was originially a Spell or vice versa.

Thanks for the answer! That they can be destroyed by AoE kinda screws with my plans, or at least against certain enemies ;) Might have to throw a decoy totem in there to keep them from stomping my mines...
"
cescobar wrote:
Just a question, probably very simple, but I couldn't find this explicitly stated anywhere, and was wondering if it worked like Bear Trap:

Does the mine still deal spell damage? Do passive nodes that increase spell damage affect skills that are linked to Remote Mine?

EDIT: Thought of another question. Does faster cast speed affect how quickly you can set/detonate mines? Or are the specific "Trap Laying Speed" passives the only way to hasten the animation?

I tested with and without faster cast speed support gem and the times are identical. The way I measured, laying mines is 31 frames and detonate 27 frames (out of 60 per second). Probably the real cast times are 0.5 sec for each.

I had points to respec only for one trap group. The 15% less trap laying passive, laying mines becomes 27 frames, while detonte still remains unchanged.
"
I tested with and without faster cast speed support gem and the times are identical. The way I measured, laying mines is 31 frames and detonate 27 frames (out of 60 per second). Probably the real cast times are 0.5 sec for each.

I had points to respec only for one trap group. The 15% less trap laying passive, laying mines becomes 27 frames, while detonte still remains unchanged.

Thanks for this info. Good to know.

"

I know that it is still a spell, but look at Bear Trap. It is a spell that is not affected by Increased Spell Damage nodes or modifiers on items, because the Trap is casting the spell, not you. I want to know if Remote Mine works the same way as this trap.

My question, in different words, is whether the Mine is casting the spell you've supported, or is the player casting the spell?
only non support gem based mine is freeze mine, last i knew about that trap is that the "damage" can be boosted still by ice increases.
"
cescobar wrote:
I know that it is still a spell, but look at Bear Trap. It is a spell that is not affected by Increased Spell Damage nodes or modifiers on items, because the Trap is casting the spell, not you. I want to know if Remote Mine works the same way as this trap.

Bear Trap is a Trap that deals Non-Spell damage (unlike Fire Trap, which deals Fire Spell damage), and isn't effected by Cast Speed because it's a Trap.
If you link Firestorm, it will cast Firestorm, which deals Fire Spell damage. As such, it's not suddenly a non-Spell.
"
cescobar wrote:
Just a question, probably very simple, but I couldn't find this explicitly stated anywhere, and was wondering if it worked like Bear Trap:

Does the mine still deal spell damage? Do passive nodes that increase spell damage affect skills that are linked to Remote Mine?
The mine does not (and can not) change what damage a skill does. If the skill deals spell damage normally, it will still do so when supported by remote mine. If it does not, it will not.

"
cescobar wrote:
EDIT: Thought of another question. Does faster cast speed affect how quickly you can set/detonate mines? Or are the specific "Trap Laying Speed" passives the only way to hasten the animation?
"Detonate" is a spell and thus affected by cast speed. Placing a mine/throwing a trap is not casting a spell, and is not affected by cast speed modifiers.

The trap.mine actually casting the spell is affected by cast speed (assuming the trapped skill is a spell).
"
cescobar wrote:
I know that it is still a spell, but look at Bear Trap. It is a spell that is not affected by Increased Spell Damage nodes or modifiers on items, because the Trap is casting the spell, not you.
No, it's a spell only technically, because it can't be attack, and it deals non-spell damage because it's clearly thematically not magical, it's a physical thing, not a spell. It not dealing spell damage is nothing to do with damage being dealt via the trap.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 21, 2013, 10:51:37 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
cescobar wrote:
I know that it is still a spell, but look at Bear Trap. It is a spell that is not affected by Increased Spell Damage nodes or modifiers on items, because the Trap is casting the spell, not you.
No, it's a spell only technically, because it can't be attack, and it deals non-spell damage because it's clearly thematically not magical, it's a physical thing, not a spell. It not dealing spell damage is nothing to do with damage being dealt via the trap.

Thank you SO much for clearing things up. It makes perfect sense now that you say that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info