Remote Mine

I am trying a set-up of Searing Bond linked with Remote Mine. Unfortunately, Remote Mine does not update the tooltip DPS for Searing Bond as it does when linked with most other skills.

During play I cant really tell the difference in damage between using RM and not, so it leads me to believe that Remote Mining a Searing Bond does not produce more damage.

Anyone have an experience with this?

Last edited by Fear_Itself on Mar 9, 2016, 10:51:19 AM
Remote Mine grants More Mine Damage.
Totems do not deal Mine Damage.
Thanks Vipermagi! I looked up Remote Mine on the Wiki, and found that out for myself too. Was just about to post the answer here.

A few leagues ago I was using a Trapper with a Searing Bond supported by Trap and I was confusing myself with my outdated knowledge. I see now that back in 1.2 the change occurred so that minion and totems don't get increased damage with these support gems anymore. I'm a fossil!

Last edited by Fear_Itself on Mar 10, 2016, 8:35:11 PM
---===[Sorry for bad english]===---

QQ

Just one little think about mine placment.

I think its not comfortable when mines placin under our cursor instead feet (like shift + skill). Sometimes i can't place mine becouse of decorations (my cursor on barrels, boxes , walls that close to me -_- ), if you stand close to decorations you still can place mines under feet ( shift + skill ) , but can't if your cursor on decorations when you just press Q. You lose time , dealt zero dmg and can be killed. Also I must move my cursor for moving my character in the desired direction, if i wanna do it fast like "step-mine-step-mine-step" i should twitch my cursor like a crazy for use whirning blades or just run.
This is first problem, "i should move my cursor very fast every 0.5 second" at this speed i can't care about decorations, or i should press Q and WAIT when character moving to this point and place mine, but what if i need change my direction becouse big fat frog jumped on me or 30 crazy perandus mobs kick at the same time? change direction = no mines on the ground - no dmg , all mobs alive and kickin me - rip. Also you cant place mine under your cursor when you have "creeplock", I can't wait when character run to the point i should do it right now under my feet and detonate for kill that sudden frog. ofcource i can press shift+Q and that is my second problem.

When i hold my SHIFT, also i should press Q for mine , D for detonate , W for resummon my dead golem, E for Vaal haste maybe or other "support" skills , 1-2-3-4-5 for flasks and ALL OF THAT I SHOULD DO WITH HOLDED SHIFT or press shift every 0.5 second when i wanna place mine, to much for one hand... just try it, try to play with holded shift and not lose your clearspeed to SUPER LOW. im not a pianist for press shift+skills+flasks at the same time when im in danger situation. Remember we already have +1 button for do dmg (Q+D), and i dont wanna lose my clearspeed we already not fast (like a mid or lower)

What if change default point of placing mines from cursor to feet (when you no need any more hold shift) after that change we can place mines when we run and we dont need hold shift or move cursor for do |step - mine - step - mine| rotation

What you think about this

sorry fo bad english again and i hope you understand what i mean =)
Last edited by avecaesar12 on May 19, 2016, 5:55:41 PM
Hi, recently i've started using remote mine support gem linked to a target spell (bladefall in this case) and from my experience i have seen that fighting in areas where there are minions continuously spawning, with the current mine target system, in some scenarios is almost impossible to hit the source of the minions spawn, cause mines always target the nearest enemy, so i find myself in an infinite cycle where my mines cast their spell to the minions and never to the source that spawns them.
This behavior can make some boss fights really annoying and long/almost infinite.

My humble idea to prevent this infinite cycle of mines killing minions is: rework a bit the mine target system, if you hover the cursor over an enemy, and said enemy is in the mine cast radius, the mine should cast his spell into that enemy, overriding the closest enemy target, if the cursor is not over an enemy or the enemy is out of the mine cast radius then the mine should cast his spell to the nearest enemy.

Or just add a new "cast mine on target" support gem, like the detonate mines gem.
Hi,

I couldn't find any info about this so if anyone have seen some please let me know where to find it :p
Is it ok that the 15% increased movement speed if you've killed recently of the Gryphon doesn't work with mines? I noticed that It works when poison kills but not if the spell linked to the mine does. I haven't tried with lab enchants yet but it should be the same problem. I would appreciate some help with this dynamic :)
"
_Liemannen_ wrote:
Hi,

I couldn't find any info about this so if anyone have seen some please let me know where to find it :p
Is it ok that the 15% increased movement speed if you've killed recently of the Gryphon doesn't work with mines? I noticed that It works when poison kills but not if the spell linked to the mine does. I haven't tried with lab enchants yet but it should be the same problem. I would appreciate some help with this dynamic :)

yes, that is OK. Mines count as separate entities from you, but they use your offensive stats. Since the mine is doing the killing, not you, you don't count as having killed recently. The mine has killed recently, though, so if it was still around that might be useful.

---------------------------
(I don't think it would get the movement speed buff, though, would it? It might be cool to use lightning warp mines with Tremor rod and give them a move-speed bonus on their second detonation.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Patch 2.4.0 changed Remote Mine Support's damage multiplier to not work with damage over time.

However, the new wording "Supported Skills deal "x"% more Damage with Hits" implies the damage multiplier works with summons like Zombies again.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the damage actually applies?

for reference:
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
Patch 2.4.0 changed Remote Mine Support's damage multiplier to not work with damage over time.

However, the new wording "Supported Skills deal "x"% more Damage with Hits" implies the damage multiplier works with summons like Zombies again.

for reference:
That's already fixed locally, and will be deployed to the live realm soon if it hasn't already.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:

for reference:
That's already fixed locally, and will be deployed to the live realm soon if it hasn't already.

Has the fix already been applied? Can i use mines with Animate Weapon and still get the bonus damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info