Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Remote Mine

If Remote Mine is paired with Rain of Arrows, I assume you need to have a bow equipped to lay the mines. But do you have to have a bow equipped to detonate them?
Remote Mine doesn't work with any kind of attack including Rain of Arrows.
I went back and looked at the support gem link on the first page and although Rory says in his post that you have to use it with a spell (I missed that when I posted above), the support gem itself doesn't say anything about not working with non-spell skills. This is information that should be included in the description.
It logically doesn't make all that much sense that it should. How do you make a mine shoot out an arrow? And how could you possibly justify it using your equipment stats?
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
I went back and looked at the support gem link on the first page and although Rory says in his post that you have to use it with a spell (I missed that when I posted above), the support gem itself doesn't say anything about not working with non-spell skills. This is information that should be included in the description.

Agreed. Mark!
Change the wording so that the gem says spells, and not skills? Or somehow make it clear that it doesn't work with attacks, and only works with spells. The current wording would seem to indicate you could attach it to anything.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
Umbraal wrote:
It logically doesn't make all that much sense that it should. How do you make a mine shoot out an arrow?

A mine is just another type of trap. Traps can shoot arrows. Haven't you watched any movies where the protagonists are moving through an ancient tomb?

"
Umbraal wrote:
And how could you possibly justify it using your equipment stats?

Skill gems use your equipment stats. Why shouldn't support gems that are linked to your skills use the same stats? If someone were to set a trap using a skill that shoots arrows, wouldn't the person setting the trap use the same arrows for the trap that they would use for the skill? Same arrows = same damage.
What I mean is, how could you justify having your exact bow be part of the trap? Magical mines can just be created with your stats but attacks logically need a bow.
Last edited by Umbraal on Jun 23, 2012, 12:34:34 PM
"
Umbraal wrote:
What I mean is, how could you justify having your exact bow be part of the trap? Magical mines can just be created with your stats but attacks logically need a bow.

Most traps of that sort generally use a crossbow type mechanism, not an actual bow. Your character isn't a fletcher.

When creating a trap, a character is most likely to use materials they know to be effective from their personal experience. If the best bow they've found is, let's say, a thicket bow, the character is most likely to create a trap from the same wood and string material as that thicket bow. And so the trap, having been made from the same materials, is likely to have the same stats as that thicket bow.

That is how I'd justify giving the trap the same stats as the bow that the character has equipped.

Edit: In hindsight, this conversation probably should have been conducted as PMs since it isn't really relevant to the feedback for this support gem.
Last edited by Shadowstorm on Jun 24, 2012, 9:27:19 AM
It is rather annoying that this gem aims all projectiles in a fixed direction unless enemies are immediately near it.

I would like to see it inherent where you are aiming, allowing you to effectively 'charge' several projectiles at once using it. I understand that it might be good if done that way, but I have trouble believing that it would be 'too good'.

As it stands aiming in the same direction all of the time just feels bad.
"
RysanMarquise wrote:
It is rather annoying that this gem aims all projectiles in a fixed direction unless enemies are immediately near it.

I would like to see it inherent where you are aiming, allowing you to effectively 'charge' several projectiles at once using it. I understand that it might be good if done that way, but I have trouble believing that it would be 'too good'.

As it stands aiming in the same direction all of the time just feels bad.
If there are no enemies in the mine's trigger radius, it target's itself - the 'always fires projectiles in the same direction' is a side effect of how projectiles are handled when not given a direction (because from self to self isn't a direction).

It's unlikely that mines will be changed to allow you to get around the trigger radius only for projectiles by telling them where to aim at things the mines themselves can't detect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info