Remote Mine

Been having shittons of fun stacking 5 of these at once with LMP GMP Chain Fireball and shotgunning everything while lagging out my gaming rig.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
chrisstian5 wrote:
Mark, I have a question regarding remote mine + raise spectre.

When I use this combanitaion, the skill is supported by it, but in the skill description the 30+% more damage isn't added to it. I'm asking myself, does it even work with minions/spectres?

I think it should, since a totem is also supported by it.

Thanks

i ask myself the same question. also if the passive bonuses apply to the mine that casts the minions.
"
heiderhof wrote:
"
chrisstian5 wrote:
Mark, I have a question regarding remote mine + raise spectre.

When I use this combanitaion, the skill is supported by it, but in the skill description the 30+% more damage isn't added to it. I'm asking myself, does it even work with minions/spectres?

I think it should, since a totem is also supported by it.

Thanks

i ask myself the same question. also if the passive bonuses apply to the mine that casts the minions.
mine+ minion spell works fine
Remote mine sometimes denotates with nothing when linked to raise zombie/spectre gem. This happens when there are enemies near the mine but no corpses near those enemy, even if there's a corpse directly under the mine.

My guess is: remote mine targets the nearest enemy when activated. If it find a corpse near it, then the corpse will be raised. However if it can't find a corpse near it's target, the skill fails.

So I would suggest that, to solve the problem, remote mine targets the nearest "corpse" instead of nearest "enemy" when linked to raise spectre or raise zombie gem, or at least have a larger corpse-searching area around the targeted enemy.

Hmm...would this be technically possible?
One thing I would really like to see for Mines is the ability to throw them like Traps (set them at a distance) before detonating them. Only being able to drop Mines at your feet really reduces the effectiveness of them in the middle of combat. This game is not about stealth or bait and switch tactics, it is mostly run in and nuke everything... which you cannot currently do with Mines as they are.
Hi, I have a question.

Is it possible to control the order in which the mines hit?

I was thinking about a bunch of examples, but I guess the most intuitiv one would be the following. With elemental equilibrium alternate between:
- remote mine + ice nova
- remote mine + shock nova
Maybe not the most feasible combination, but the point is that mobs should be hit by IN and SN in an alternating fashion, making perfect use of elemental equilibrium.

Another example (and that's what I would really like to do) is:
- put 1 RM + Explosive Arrow + GMP + Conc Effect [+ Fire Pen.]
- put 4 RM + Explosive Arrow + GMP + Ele. Prolif. [+ (20%) Add Light.]
Use Voltaxic Rift for crazy shock-stacked explosions.

Any thoughts on that?

Edit: In case somebody was wondering, when stacking EA-charges only the first one counts for the damage calculation. The others only add charges and apply the on-hit effect aka shock-prolif. That's why the hit order is so important.

Last edited by mokschi on Oct 3, 2013, 5:15:09 AM
"
mokschi wrote:
-order questions-
i've love to give a little more proper answer, but untill then, placement distance will be an important factor of when something hits (because projectiles). so for your EA situation, place first mine somewhere, then the rest somewhat "behind" it in relation to your target.

as for instant hitting spells, i do not have an answer. for your specific two skill combination, i DO have an answer for though. ice nova takes time for its burst to reach its outer edges, so... take that as you will.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
mokschi wrote:
-order questions-
i've love to give a little more proper answer, but untill then, placement distance will be an important factor of when something hits (because projectiles). so for your EA situation, place first mine somewhere, then the rest somewhat "behind" it in relation to your target.

as for instant hitting spells, i do not have an answer. for your specific two skill combination, i DO have an answer for though. ice nova takes time for its burst to reach its outer edges, so... take that as you will.

Firstly, Thanks for the quick reply .I actually chose IN+SN as combo because I thought both were instant hit. Actually, it's really hard to come up with spells that hit the same targets at the same time. Maybe fireball+arctic breath? Oh well, probably nobody cares.
However ranged attacks are a different story. For my idea it is essential that I put all 5 EA mines at the exact same spot. This way, with GMP (and resolute technique) every Target that does get hit has automatically 5 charges. A very intriguing thought to me. I plan to try this after release, but considering the trouble my RM-lightning warp Dude has with aoe mobs, ... well we'll see.
Last edited by mokschi on Oct 4, 2013, 12:45:19 PM
remote mine is probably the worst gem in game. it doesnt fit the genre, the A in arpg stands for action. Action gentlemen
"
charmolipi wrote:
remote mine is probably the worst gem in game. it doesnt fit the genre, the A in arpg stands for action. Action gentlemen
blowing up entire rooms says "sure whatever you say"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info