Remote Mine

That seems counter-intuitive. You could very well be right, and I considered this myself at one point, but thought why be allowed to increase a stat to this outcome?

This would be analogous to, say, increasing cast speed on fireball to such a level that you had to wait a moment after completing the cast animation for the fireball to properly spawn or move before this arbitrary duration of time causing the fireball to disappear mid spawn. Seems a bit maliciously deceptive if it's intended. After all, the intent of increase casting speed, or any speed (or any stat even), is to surpass the current limitations - not break them.
Last edited by Rynmarth on May 4, 2013, 3:44:25 AM
So why doesn't remote mine work with discharge?
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
I don't know if this is intended or not, but when remote mines go off, aren't spells supposed to cast on nearby targets? I tried to link cold snap with remote mines but the cold snap just goes off where the mine is laid rather than casting it on targets. Also sucks that mines use the spell's CD.... I was trying to bypass cold snap's cooldown by using miness, turned out that didn't work as I had hoped it would :(
Last edited by Dizon248 on May 18, 2013, 4:08:43 AM
the two biggest problems with the skill (as mentioned above) are that your mine can be killed instantly by any mobs with an AoE, and also that you can detonate your mine after it is placed without actually detonating the mine, in tandem these cause your mines to be extremely inconsistent, and very dangerous to actually use, i would LOVE to see some changes to remote mine and traps, to hopefully spawn some new builds :P

have been testing dual split arrow totem with remote mine to set it up, if it wasnt for these issues above the build might actually be worth doing, but in the current implementation risk =/= reward with remote mine
I just trying out some combinations with this skill, Ice Nova is very funny but... with a mine that has 1 life its near impossible to kill AoE mobs or some meele mobs... there should be a upgrade or something. i really like this skill.
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
I have had quite the negative experience with this skill.

While it was my own mistake that I didn't exactly think about what the tooltip meant, I am still disappointed that a I leveled a character into the 60's to release my idea of a build won't work.

Basically I had an old character with horrible passives taken which i had abandoned (my first character ever) then I came across a 18% remote mine and had the funny idea of doing frost nova remote mines. After fooling around a bit I realized that the notion is silly because you still have to get close to the enemy and that wasn't my idea of an energy shield based caster. Then I changed the whole idea to firestorm. Firestorm seemed incredibly strong, the quality is real great on it, conc effect works very well, and so could remote mine together with fire penetration a very strong damage boost to this rather unpopular spell (I am a player who always tries to get a fun build to work rather than doing the most efficient builds that are popular). Anyway I've been blabbing too much so here's tl dr:

Ice nova, a spell based on caster being in melee, and firestorm, a spell with probably the largest range in game behave exactly the same on remote mine: they are being cast on top of the mine.

It really disappointed me, since all other aoe or not aoe spells which are actually projectiles will be automatically aimed at enemies using remote mine. The fact that firestorm is an aoe which can be cast at range and not just around the caster like ice nova or shock nova makes it (almost) completely useless to remote mine, which at the same time works great with long range skills like fireball or ice spear. I simply see no reason why it should be like that.

Thanks for your attention, I hope people show more love for firestorm !
Remote Mine + Ice Spear + Added Ligtning + Increased Critical Damage

I put down a couple of mines (3), and wait for the Rare Mob to be at the right range for Ice Spear. The mines goes off like a missile barrage and fires at the mob that crits on impact. Due to the Added Lightning they get shocked increasing damage more. And with the ICD support the damage goes up more. Finally Remote Mine does More Damage inertly. Then I hurry to lay down more mines and fire off them before the Shock state disappear. This often kills many things.

The other thing is that I can lay down and fire off 60 - 70 % more mines than I normally can cast Ice Spear with the same supports. Sure the skill is more expensive but Remote Mine don't rely on Cast Speed and I don't have to time the distance on all the Ice Spears seperatlly. I only have to get the mob right and then cast Detonate.

Essentially for me with my build, the support Remote Mine should be called Empower Spell due to it increases damage with 100 % and Skill per second with 50 % and you don't have to aim to do damage.

The only drawback is to avoid AOE on the Mine.
ya it's quite silly that remote mine can't be used with AOE targeting spell.

hope GGG can clarify it / fix it.
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
I'm thinking about elemental equilibrium + remote mine + detonate dead, and my question is: if i hit the same monster with 2 detonate dead, the equilibrium proc on the first reduce the damage on the second?
Thinking about the nature of remote mine would be really cool if does not happen, i mean should be instant.
Last edited by noonez on Jul 12, 2013, 2:07:30 PM
I've been playing a Firestorm + Remote Mine build with a ton of critical strike chance/multiplier, skill duration, and enough increased area of effect to nullify the drawback of Concentrated Effect. Cast Elemental Weakness, shoot Ice Spear + Power Charge on Critical + Elemental Proliferation + Added Lightning Damage to freeze and shock everything and then plant the mines for Firestorm.

For single targets you can stack 5 in one place, and if there are no other enemies to proliferate freeze, then use a Decoy Totem to get them in place. I "one shot" most enemies with this tactic at the moment.

I've found that Firestorm synergizes very well with Remote Mine. For one, with mines and trap laying speed you're already "casting" the spell significantly faster than normally. Also, with the spell you normally have the problem of enemies running away when burning, but with good positioning of mines you can make so that wherever they run, they're getting hit.

I feel like the setup is very comparable to that of a Power Charge Discharge build. Accrue Power Charges to build up to a big explosion. In this case, it's Fireballs reigning raining across the screen or pummeling small areas when stacked in one spot.

When it comes to gear, Infernal Mantle works surprisingly well with this build, and is what I've been testing it with half the time. However, it's kind of difficult to overcome its drawback. I guess it'd be good for farming the Docks, if anything.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info