Conversion Trap

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Converted mosnters are not your minions. They're allies, in that they're on your side (briefly), but they are not minions. The skill specifically does not mention minions anywhere on it (the minion skills all do).

I probably should have figured that out, seeing as minion-only supports don't work on it. Thanks for the info.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
waiting for beta key for try Path of Exile
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Passives that affect YOUR damage shouldn't work on monsters converted with Conversion Trap, but regular old minion damage passives probably work fine. I haven't tested this, but that seems to be how it works for everything minion-related except for minion instability.
Converted mosnters are not your minions. They're allies, in that they're on your side (briefly), but they are not minions. The skill specifically does not mention minions anywhere on it (the minion skills all do).

What about added fire damage and such?

Do your auras work on them since they are allies?
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
pretty sure added fire doesn't work, as it'll be going to the trap not the new allies. however auras will effect them just fine and thier auras affect you too.
"
Psychofrump wrote:
I'm enjoying this skill a lot. I'm finding it very useful especially in rooms with enemy totems
made me wonder: does that "allies cannot die" aura work? it'd be pretty funny — complete invulnerability around such totems (or occasional rares too)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
Psychofrump wrote:
I'm enjoying this skill a lot. I'm finding it very useful especially in rooms with enemy totems
made me wonder: does that "allies cannot die" aura work? it'd be pretty funny — complete invulnerability around such totems (or occasional rares too)
you're better off using dominating blow on the rare mob instead of this trap, in that case.
the answer is yes btw.
Really useful skill when combined with increased duration.

thumbs up.
I just got my first of these, really useful. The only thing I find a little bit odd is that the traps also work on bosses. Not that I mind the nice show of a boss bashing his minions or side effects like life reg auras but it still feels kind of weird and takes off the edge of a boss. Not really complaining here but personally, I would like to see something like a chance of failing or reduced duration on bosses. Just for an extra bit of adrenaline :-D
What are you referring to by "bosses" here? The trap should not (and in our testing does not) work on unique boss monsters (hillock, brutus, merveil, etc). It is intended that it works on rare monsters (yellow name, random mods).
Oops, of course, I meant those rare guys. Sorry about that. But I still think it would be a nice touch if you couldn't be sure that a yellow monster is going to be converted every time.
On a side note: I'm really glad that the spell is tied to a limited number of traps. There's another game with a similar spell that affects a progressively higher number of enemies, a larger area and lasts longer. You had to be really careful not to level it too much because otherwise you'd spend more time looking for monsters for your new army to beat up than it would have taken to kill them yourself. And of course the spell tends to expire just when you found said new mob... :-D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info