Conversion Trap

It's a trap: you can throw it.
"
starsg wrote:

I think its too easy to convert the rare mobs and mobs in higher level maps. Should there be chances to convert? Or is it intended?

FYI: i was using a level 1 trap on a level 40++ map.

That would be too tedious plus traps only convert one at a time.I think it balances nicely if you compare it to a summon skill that lasts a lot longer and doesn't require aiming.Without the ability to convert strong enemies it would not be worth bothering with.

If it was to be considered for nerfing I think a shorter duration on rares would be better than a random chance to convert.
Has anyone found a support other than Increased Duration that works on this skill? Added damage and minion supports don't seem to be working.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I'm enjoying this skill a lot. I'm finding it very useful especially in rooms with enemy totems, though I thought I saw some erratic behaviour when it comes to the buffs the totem gives switching off the nearby monsters. I shall test it some more.

The main irritation I have is the doorway thing, in some maps I find it really hard to find the sweet aiming spot to be able to fling the trap through a doorway. I often find it easier to run a little into the room, drop and then run out again. But I would love it if it were a little easier to aim through doorways.
Didn't spend too much time testing it out but it seems to me that when converted monsters kill another monster, then those monsters don't drop any loot.
Has someone else also experienced this or have I just paid too little attention?
I tested a bit in norm terraces, and they seemed to be dropping items when killed by converted monsters from the trap. It's odd, because it seemed they were dropping currency more often than other items, but with such a small sample size it doesn't mean much. The low level of the area might be doing something odd as well.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
I tested a bit in norm terraces, and they seemed to be dropping items when killed by converted monsters from the trap. It's odd, because it seemed they were dropping currency more often than other items, but with such a small sample size it doesn't mean much. The low level of the area might be doing something odd as well.

hmm if your passives won't affect the dmg of converted mobs do that also mean that the currency drop rate is not affected by your overleveling of a area?
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Passives that affect YOUR damage shouldn't work on monsters converted with Conversion Trap, but regular old minion damage passives probably work fine. I haven't tested this, but that seems to be how it works for everything minion-related except for minion instability.
mobs have thier own item find mods too, as mentioned about minion mechanics.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Passives that affect YOUR damage shouldn't work on monsters converted with Conversion Trap, but regular old minion damage passives probably work fine. I haven't tested this, but that seems to be how it works for everything minion-related except for minion instability.
Converted mosnters are not your minions. They're allies, in that they're on your side (briefly), but they are not minions. The skill specifically does not mention minions anywhere on it (the minion skills all do).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info