Ethereal Knives

"
Myius wrote:
Does "increased Radius of Area Skills" and "increased Area Damage" passives work with EK?

It's a projectile attack, not an AoE. There's tags at the top of skillgem descriptions that tells you what applies.
I'm going to say that i think this is a broken skill. Anybody looking to use some form of aoe spell will opt for freezing pulse or even arc.

The knives should be a melee characters way of having an aoe. I've made a claw Marauder but it seriously misses an aoe, i do use ethereal knives but it's so ridiculously ineffective. I think the skill should be completely overhauled so that ranged projectile bonuses work and melee leech passives and gain on hit passives should work.

There are enough spell aoe's out there, this needs to be made into something more melee based because atm it is a useless skill except for pvp to a point.
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
"
Ameladol wrote:
I'm going to say that i think this is a broken skill. Anybody looking to use some form of aoe spell will opt for freezing pulse or even arc.

The knives should be a melee characters way of having an aoe. I've made a claw Marauder but it seriously misses an aoe, i do use ethereal knives but it's so ridiculously ineffective. I think the skill should be completely overhauled so that ranged projectile bonuses work and melee leech passives and gain on hit passives should work.

There are enough spell aoe's out there, this needs to be made into something more melee based because atm it is a useless skill except for pvp to a point.

Melees lacking aoe doesn't mean this should be remade into a melee skill, it's a bit of a niche spell but a useful one. It has good coverage and does good dmg and is also not reliant on a curse to do most of its dmg while other elemental spells are annoying to use again resistant mobs without cursing first. I find this has interesting synergies, and it does do good dmg with the proper supports. Also ranged projectiles bonuses do work on this, at least the ones that say "Increased projectile dmg". If it says faster arrows or arrows will pierce they don't work.

Melees need more aoe, but they definitely don't need it in this form I feel. Whirling Blades and adding melee specific aoe supports is a better place to look at. Also just adding more aoe melee attacks that work with more weapons.
There's Ground Slam, Leap Slam, Cleave, Sweep, and for range you get Lightning Strike.
Not a lot, but certainly somewhat sufficient.
EK is a Dex Spell, and it's certainly a good damage dealer.
Slow, but reliable, thanks to physical damage.
The discussion comes up regularly, and EK is certain,y a very odd duck, but it can still fly.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Wasn't able to find an answer to a couple questions with quick perusing of this thread, so forgive me if these questions are repeats.

1) As a skill with both the "Spell" and "Projectile" tags, I assume both the Iron Grip passive and support gem, as well as the Iron Will support gem, both affect its damage?

2) If the above is true, how do the two interact when combined? Does it get its percentage increase from both sources thereby double-dipping into strength? (ie. Strength applying its gained bonus to projectile damage AND strength applying a bonus to spell damage)
1. Iron Grip applies to Projectile Attacks. Since EK is a Spell, it's not an Attack. :)
Ah, so it does. That's what I get for reading the description too quickly. Iron Will, though, would apply to EK yes?
It will indeed. Iron Will applies to any Spell, after all (it applies Strength as if Spell Damage).
So is there a point to use BOTH Chain and Fork? Do they stack?
Hateful post.
"
Kaskar wrote:
So is there a point to use BOTH Chain and Fork? Do they stack?

No. A projectile can only either pierce, chain or fork.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info