Decoy Totem

"
Shuks wrote:
The bear/dog things at the docks seem to ignore the totems sometimes. It's more an issue of them than the totems. The bear/dogs can swivel instantly while casting, pretty long range attack, they focus fire with other bear/dogs, they can melt thru 75 resist and a flask sometimes. Can be frustrating for solo melee players. It would be more fair if they held the same aim direction of their fire once they start so you have a chance to flank behind them.

Ye, thats true.
But not ONLY there dogs ignore decoy totem, there tons monsters who ignoring decoy totem.

And btw mana cost? Rly? Thats argument? Wow! Oh lol.
Decoy totem feels seriously underwhelming. At level 10, it only has about 600 HP. A single normal monster in merciless act 2 kills it in three hits. Large groups or some rares kill it pretty much instantly. In fact, it may even have negative utility since it distracts enemies for less time than it takes to cast! I was hoping to use it for add management at merciless Weaver, but looks like that plan is doomed.
How does this skill work? Sometimes enemies attack the totem, but other times enemies target me. I died in a race today in full retreat from a single bear with a decoy totem up. It attacked me 3 times in a row...
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
Last edited by Brigs on Sep 2, 2013, 4:39:19 PM
I can't tell if decoy totem has a %chance to cause an enemy to attack it or if desync just makes it malfunction...

Can we get some clarification?
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
Taunt does not have a duration, and if it did have one it would be roughly 0.001. The AI decides what it should do based on the surroundings and who is hurting it and whatever else. When a taunt 'hits' the enemy, it switches the AI to attacking whatever just taunted. However, it does not stop the AI from making a new decision.

If you are ramming arrows up a guy's throat, odds are he doesn't really care much about a totem that just annoys him. If the totem is way over yonder and you are bleeding badly within melee range, a bear is not particularly likely to just fuck off.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 20, 2013, 9:31:17 PM
"
databeaver wrote:
Decoy totem feels seriously underwhelming. At level 10, it only has about 600 HP. A single normal monster in merciless act 2 kills it in three hits. Large groups or some rares kill it pretty much instantly. In fact, it may even have negative utility since it distracts enemies for less time than it takes to cast! I was hoping to use it for add management at merciless Weaver, but looks like that plan is doomed.

I agree. the totem is pretty weak. I found it works best on builds that can stun like a ground slam marauder or knock back like a ranger archer.

You put up the totem on top of the enemy then proceed to ground slam stun them so they have a harder time destroying it.

Without stun or knockback i fear you are right. The totem may very well have negative utility.

Use with caution.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 12, 2013, 6:13:46 PM
This totem is an excellent addition to a "Cast on Damage Taken" linkup. Just saying.
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
This totem is an excellent addition to a "Cast on Damage Taken" linkup. Just saying.

With recent change. It may still be good but that not good anymore.
IGN: Wackadin
"
kjy112 wrote:
"
Damon_Tor wrote:

With recent change. It may still be good but that not good anymore.
actually it might still be too fast for totems have a slight delay before they start working.
if taking too much damage, then it might jsut keep summoning. similar to that firestorm + CwDT when fighting lightning thorns.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 12, 2013, 11:44:53 AM
At higher lvls this gem really has nice bulk of hp and tanks/aggros stuff nicely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info