Decoy Totem

They already massively buffed Decoy Totem in the current Beta build - it does what it's supposed to. I'm curious whether its current Beta effectiveness will remain until the live version; probably, but not certainly. Depends on how well it scales into maps I guess.
Decoy totem "decoy" effect seems worse than before... It looks like bosses almost completely ignore it now.

At least before you could link it to a cast when damage taken gem and use it as a defensive skill, but right now it's a total trash gem since people won't waste time placing totems for normal/magic/rare mobs.

The only real use now is drawing agro from bosses, but it's not really working since even if you cast the totem beside the boss and move far away the boss will just follow you most of the times.

Wasting time placing a totem that ONLY function is drawing agro when MOST of the time it doesn't draw any agro seems pointless...
Last edited by pelife123 on Jul 27, 2015, 7:54:08 AM
Poison Arrow, Firestorm and similar skills benefit greatly from Decoy Totem. But I agree that unique monsters tend to ignore it, which needs to be addressed unless the totem is working as intented. I'd like to hear GGG's response.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
You have to give it time to cast its taunt. Try linking with Faster Casting.
I dont feel like monsters are not tauntet by it.

http://gfycat.com/GoldenUniqueCanadagoose

It does work almost always (not on boss in dark forest) and It is great skill for bosses, rares, monster packs, opening boxes.
It also work over enduring cry.

If someone want to risk geting killed by blue pack of dogs with power and frenzy charge becasue it take 1 second to cast it, GL. I Just set totem that take all damage and saftly kill mobs.

Even if monsters will decide to stop attacking totem and will want to attack me it take time to walk from totem to me.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 2, 2015, 1:04:43 PM
with stone golem and it no longer working with cwdt it is hard to justify a gem slot for it.
I use it while leveling and on hc though.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
I have no problem at all justifying a gem slot for decoy. It's an extremely strong gem for me, one of the best defenses in the game.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
This isn't a weak gem it can make bosses like Daresso a silly joke. Without the temp immunity bosses had it is way too safe.
So with the recent changes to Taunt Immune Bosses. Decoy Totem doesn't seem like in a good spot now anyways in terms of using it for clearing all content.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I'm playing hierofant with 5 totems.

In standard fight I start with 1 decoy totem and then 4 ice spear spell totems.
On unique bosses / hard monster I use 2 decoy totem not to near to each other. Even if boss rather fast kill me totem, there's always another and I got time to place another decoy totem.

It really helps.

The problem is when boss got huge aoe / pierce/ chain. Second problem is usually not much space in boss arena, where u would place it from safe distant. Running around decoy totem in fight with boss with huge AoE isn't really nice.

Anyway I think it's must be for all totem characters and very useful for all not-tanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info