Decoy Totem

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2024, 2:54:50 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Zayl056 wrote:
Is it intended that necros are immune to the totem?
They aren't. In the case they choose to do a melee attack, if taunted, they'll target the totem due to it being their aggro target. But in the case they're raising, that can't target the totem, so doesn't.
"
Zayl056 wrote:
I couldn't help but notice the "if taunted" part of your answer. I assume it means that when the totem taunts ennemies it is not a 100% chance to taunt?
No, I was merely being explicitly clear that I was talking about a necro that had been taunted by a totem, and that that was the point at which the taunt affected it's behaviour. There is not chance to taunt, any monster in range has the totem set as it's aggro target.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 15, 2012, 9:05:44 PM
"
Kokoro wrote:
As I understand, the totem life is a % of the caster life and in merciless I had 3,5k life at the end of Act 2 which also meant lots of life for Decoy Totem.
No, this is not the case, and has never been the case. I have no idea where people get this idea from. The totem has it's own base stats set for the level of the gem that made it.
"
azraelb wrote:
Today I tried to combine "Endurance Call" with a "Totem" support gem.

This combination looks like a "Decoy totem" with additional endurance charges.
What is the difference? Does a "Decoy Totem" have more base life than a "Endurance Call Totem"?

If there is no difference (only another gemslot is needed), I think people would prefer "Endurance Call Totem" bcause of its better defence...
The differences, other that one getting endurance charges, are that Decoy Totem is available earlier, and thus has a different level range (and the totems will have different life, as well as the fact that Decoy totem takes 1 slot where Enduring Cry + Totem takes two linked slots.
"
ArchAngelAdam wrote:
This Totem is really under powered for my character setup. I'm going for a pure Energy Shield / caster build and I was hoping Decoy would give me some survivability, but after learning that the Totem's life is based on my life
It's not, and never has been. I explained this on the previous page. I have no idea where people get this idea from.

"
ArchAngelAdam wrote:
I'm not sure if all Totems have life based on the caster's life
None of them do, nor have any of them ever done so.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 1, 2012, 12:53:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info