Decoy Totem

"
Reiv_Corvus wrote:
(a bunch of awesome info)

Thanks for that writeup, man. :) I have to try these tactics out.

I made this post primarily, however, to ask if there's any way to see what the base health is of Decoy Totem?

I'm wondering if it's better to summon skeletons or put down a totem for early game. Maybe both, yeah, but there are only so many active skill slots.

The PoE wiki shows health for the skeletons, but not for the Decoy Totem. Anyone know?

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Nobody?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Reiv_Corvus wrote:
A lot of people completely misunderstand the purpose of the Decoy Totem. It's a DECOY, not a TANK. Judging from the replies on this thread, a lot of people are expecting a super minion tank that AE taunts everything on the screen. For that just use Summon Skele - Totem - Minion life instead.

Isn't Minion Life on Skele Totem pretty useless? Totem will continue summoning skeletons indefinitely, skeletons don't have a chance to die unless all the enemies die. I've always used Faster Casting.
Sucks, too low life, effect jizzes over all other effects so you can't see shit.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
First of all there a bugs with Decoy Totem: When summon (use) Decoy Totem some mobs just IGNORE him at all... like no Totems. I test with many arena and many mobs -> there always some mobs that ignore Decoy Totem TOTALY, im no joke, srsly. They just ignore.

And some info: Max lvl + 20 Quality + Minion and Totem Resist with Quality and Decoy Totem die on maps with 0.1-1.5 sec!!!! Too fast, too fasr, 100%.
For test i take node for Inc Life Totem on passive skill tree and he still died for 0.2-2 sec.
Example: I have spell totem + sum skele + life and it work wery well w/o any quality... is it ok? That's fine? Please im beg You, Hope and wish for BUFFS for Decoy Totem (specialy another buff for quality and inc Life) and BUFF for minion and totem resist too!
Quality for Decoy Totem give nothing that can looks like Life. Very low % Life from Quality + very low base Life Decoy Totem... Please, for all and everyone, Make usefull buffs for Decoy Totem! Right now Spell Totem with Summon Skele + Life summons = MUCH MUCH A LOT BETTER AND USEFULL "DECOY TOTEM", Than Decoy Totem himself.

I wish for buffs for Decoy Totem! Will wait, and hope for that day.
I have no issues with Decoy at all, havent even got any quality on it.

If tanking uniques i throw it as far from them as i can, throw 2-3 Ek's or bear traps at em, refresh enduring cry and resummon the totem, rinse and repeat. Sure sometimes the unique will turn around and try to slap me once or twice and then returns to the totem.

In my eyes it works like a charm.

79 EK marauder using it in maps np.
While leveling my physical cleaver on Onslaught I had significant, consistent problems with my decoy(up to lvl 71). Specifically with its ability to take agro. There's been many instances where I dropped the totem to deal with a rare, and the rare almost completely ignored the totem, even if I was just running around it not doing anything.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There is not chance to taunt, any monster in range has the totem set as it's aggro target.

This simply doesn't seem to be the case right now.
Common situation for me on different character types:
- Running around killing, rare appears at edge of screen
- drop decoy totem, and don't use any other abilities
- rare mostly ignores the totem and follows me around

Also happens with champions to a lesser extent. Health wise, I can't really tell. I've had too many issues with it to get a good sense of it. Fine against whites anyways I guess.

I supposed there could be a problem on my end, but I cant think of what that would be. I drop it, and rares/champs ignore them regularly. Only thing I can guess is that champs/rares have a resistance to it. If that's the case i think it needs to be changed. 9/10 that's when you actually need the help to deal with a situation.

I ended up dying with the cleaver at 71 while trying to use decoy.
-Docks: I ran to the end of a pier and saw 5ish champ dogs.
-Dropped decoy in-between me and them, they started moving towards the decoy.
-I used a quicksilver and started running in a half circle around so I could cleave them from behind after they moved to the decoy.
-They appeared to lose interest in the decoy and all turned and one-shot me.(survivability was fine in general prier to this happening)

It all happened rather quickly, so I suppose its possible they instantly killed the decoy, then turned and oneshot me, but that would suggest its in severe need of an HP buff.(this was way before the damage bug)
Decoy Totem just didt what he must to do - dont aggro some mobs and with max Q + max lvl + skill node inc life Totem -> die in 1 moment... rly? Is that fine? Maybe buff? I mean rly big and nice buff for Decoy Totem.

Just skele + life = free aggro + taunt + free dmg + all what You only want and need. Is that ok?

Cmon, please make Decoy Totems more usefull and more life/surv/longer not died. Just not cool when 1 Totem MUCH(!!!) more usefull + much better than other Totem that died in no time and DON'T taunt/aggro time to times.
Need srsly big and nice buff for Decoy Totem.

Or at least summon 2-3 Decoy Totem in same time... as idea.
"
Fantoster wrote:
Decoy Totem just didt what he must to do - dont aggro some mobs and with max Q + max lvl + skill node inc life Totem -> die in 1 moment... rly? Is that fine? Maybe buff? I mean rly big and nice buff for Decoy Totem.

Just skele + life = free aggro + taunt + free dmg + all what You only want and need. Is that ok?

Cmon, please make Decoy Totems more usefull and more life/surv/longer not died. Just not cool when 1 Totem MUCH(!!!) more usefull + much better than other Totem that died in no time and DON'T taunt/aggro time to times.
Need srsly big and nice buff for Decoy Totem.

Or at least summon 2-3 Decoy Totem in same time... as idea.

Having enough max mana to summon skeleton totem is hard as a melee if you run many auras. Decoy totem on the other hand is far easier to have enough mana for given that you run same auras.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
The bear/dog things at the docks seem to ignore the totems sometimes. It's more an issue of them than the totems. The bear/dogs can swivel instantly while casting, pretty long range attack, they focus fire with other bear/dogs, they can melt thru 75 resist and a flask sometimes. Can be frustrating for solo melee players. It would be more fair if they held the same aim direction of their fire once they start so you have a chance to flank behind them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info