Righteous Fire

The loss of life is added to the loss of ES on the total amount of loss of ES ?? oO

edit : So it means it's easier to tank RF with just life then.
Last edited by giantaxe02 on Feb 6, 2016, 4:41:14 PM
Yep.

You take an amount of damage over time equal to (90% of your max life + 70% of your max ES) per second, naturally applied first to your energy shield, when energy shield is fully depleted it will then occur to your max life.

This value will not switch between being based off your life and energy shield! It would make very little sense for it to do so if you think about it

(think interactions about trying to sustain with very little energy shield, zealot's oath and flat regeneration items and a high life pool, and what would happen if you took one hit, suddenly you have no regeneration and your degeneration becomes huge, but because your energy shield regeneration is always active, you suddenly "always have energy shield" and go back to taking like 0 degen...)

Edit: sorry didn't see your comment about it being easier to tank with life:

this is not necessarily true! It depends on your gear and how comfortable you are with being low-life mostly (shavronne's wrapping/chaos damage defences)

But for the most if you can achieve a life:energy shield ratio of about 1:4, it will be about equally easy to tank (and you have access to more auras being low life), and if you can get ES higher than 1:4, than it actually becomes a bit easier to use energy shield.
Last edited by biyte on Feb 6, 2016, 4:58:34 PM
thx a lot, all my build is bad, i'm ruined :)
So in Ascendancy there is "you cant be ignited" so that mean you stop dmg over time from RF on my self?
If not there exist item witch prevent completly dmg over time?
And last increase elemental dmg from Atzirii weapon will increse dmg of RF to enemies?
RF never mentions the phrase 'Ignite'. Unsurprisingly, it's not Ignite.
Ignite specifically refers to the status ailment that deals Burning Damage. Any other source of Burning Damage is not Ignite. :)

There is no item that just makes you immune to RF, that would be broken as all hell.

Doryani's Catalyst grants generic Increased Elemental Damage. Burning Damage is Elemental Damage, and thus it will benefit, yes.
Are enemy totems still immune to RF damage? (they were in 2013, but I don't know if that was ever changed).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Enemy totems are no longer immune to RF damage.
After playing to 95 with crit flame totem (72k tooltip no buffs, 100% chaos conversion on a marauder before ascendancy), I decided to try RF totem (on a lvl 21, q20 spell totem and a whole bunch of excellent totem life jewels with chieftain).

RF Totem Chieftain is extremely underwhelming.

Damage is ok (2x crit flame totem with great gear is definitely higher damage than 2x rf totem with great gear since apparently the rf totem overlap doesn't increase damage, and the tankiness of each build is roughly equivalent).

However, the biggest problem is coverage + casting delay. It's just an inefficient clear speed skill. Supported by a 20/20 increased area of effect gem and +40% increased aoe from the passive tree, rf totem coverage is still too poor. The aoe of rf may be fine for a moving character but when you place it on a stationary totem fun dies. If rf was instant cast it wouldn't be as bad to keep summoning totems to kill all the monsters spread out in a room but by the time the totem casts rf the monsters are well behind me, so I have to pause if I want to see loot drops, and it feels unfun to try to full clear a room when the speed/range is so poor (whereas 1 flame totem would kill the screen before a running character moved out of sight range of monsters).

GGG really tried to improve RF totems this patch but from a power gaming standpoint, they suck. Sorry. (this is a top gearing scenario, 2x doryani's 97%+, perfect 20% doedre's scorn with 4x curses, etc).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Mar 11, 2016, 9:54:15 PM
Resolved
Last edited by Lars_GaFTU on Mar 24, 2016, 11:04:42 AM
If devs read this, are we going to get a 6th link for RF or do we have to continue using item rarity? Making it so Rapid Decay affects RF or a new gem so that there's actually a use for a 6l with an RF build would be nice. Pretty much all other builds have a ton of viable support gems they can add to their main skill, but even after all this time, RF is still stuck with just 4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info