Righteous Fire

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
post passive tree? you didn't take increased buff effect nodes did you?

I realized my mistakes, which will make me a better RF player in the future.

The first:
Somehow I forgot to pick up arsonist. In my haste to go RF, I forgot a crucial node.

The second:
I had way too much Energy Shield. All in all, I had 250ES which contributed to my HP degen as I am playing a blood magic build.

Lesson learned.

Question:
Does RF receive a damage boost from Iron Will?

Thanks,
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
No.

There are four base Damage types: Attack, Spell, secondary and Damage over Time. Being base types, they're all mutually exclusive.
Iron Will grants Increased Spell Damage based on Strength. RF deals Damage over Time.
"
DarkManda wrote:
hi,
Got a question :
does the "(20 to 30)% Chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill" from the blood dance unique boots work with RF ? or it is an on hit bonus ?

edit:
maybe we could have a list of what works or don't with RF ? because all the information are spread in 72 pages :p

like :

IIQ/IIR : yes
Increase area (gem, passif, stuff) : yes, yes, yes
Concentrated Effect (gem) : yes
Increased spell damage (passif, stuff): no, no
Increased burning damage(gem, passif, stuff): yes, yes, yes
Increase fire damage (passif, stuff) : yes, yes
Fire penetration gem : no
Iron will : no
Life Leech : no
Chance to ignite : no
Increased Elemental Damage (passif, stuff) : yes, ???
Increase damage over time passif : ???
Increase damage (Redbeak sword) : yes

thank you :)

So, this was a helpful post which I want to necro. It answers my above question. I also want to add something to the list.

Life: yes

So get more HP/life to increase the damage of RF.

Thanks Vipermagi for your response above as well.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Last edited by Catchafire2000 on Jan 9, 2015, 11:22:23 AM
After playing a pure RF build for two leagues (and always giving up on it sooner or later) I feel like RF could use a little buff. There are plenty of cheap builds out there that outdps RF easily while having decent survivability through VP.

If spell damage still doesn't apply to RF itself, that seems to be a good place to start. It would also get rid of some of the confusion surrounding the skill.
Hey, is there a way to run RF with just 4.4% life reg as CI with Zealot's Oath?
Last edited by AAUlfMitHand on Jan 27, 2015, 1:49:56 PM
You can't even turn RF on as CI character. And even if you could, the answer would be no. Too low life regen.
Nothing here
How is RF in the beta? Does it really deal 30% of life as damage and burn you for 50% of life per second?
"

The second:
I had way too much Energy Shield. All in all, I had 250ES which contributed to my HP degen as I am playing a blood magic build.

Oh snap.

I just respecced my RF character and was wondering why she's degenning all of a sudden. Thanks to the Eldritch Battery change, you can't even get rid of that 500 ES buffer to stop it from degenning you :/ (Yes, I've confirmed that ES covering your mana still counts towards Righteous Fire's degen). In this context, ES is actually worse than worthless.

Well, time to regear as an armour character... using mostly blue sockets :(
Quod efficax non stultum
Last edited by elindred on Jul 12, 2015, 12:27:29 PM
Conc effects' recent change from reduced AOE to "Less" Aoe, killed the RF builds that depended solely on 3 link RF build for dps (RF+Conc effect+inc burn (inc aoe 4th link was just to make aoe bigger, doesn't add dps)). The aoe is so small even with inc aoe gem & aoe nodes from templar/witch & explosive impact that you have to literally stand on top of each mob.

Would have been nice if they increased RF's base aoe from 10 to 15 or 16 to compensate for this nerf as i believe the target for aoe change was to nerf other builds like Cyclone/flameblast etc.
before:
10 * (1 +0.2 +0.2 +0.3 -.3) = 10 * 1.4 = 14
inc AoE is lv 17

after:
10 * (1 +0.2 +0.2 +0.35) *0.75 = 10 *1.75 *.75 = 13.1
inc AoE is lv 16

thats not fully realistic as an RF player wouldn't have a reason to be in witch's AoE group, so one 20% is more like 12% (scion's AoE group) so there's virtually no difference here between con eff old and new.

now if you add in uniques with AoE rad boosts, THEN you start getting noticeable differences in numbers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info