Will GGG ever stop balancing monster damage around 1000ex max defense builds?

sadly aurastackers will remain best defence and only true defence for any builds...
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
sadly aurastackers will remain best defence and only true defence for any builds...

Heavily disagree. I can go afk in areas where aurastackers die.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

There is many tanky builds that are not aura stacker.
People can complain all they want, the game is in a better balance than it ever was in term of defenses.

ATM you have plenty of way to make a build tanky.

(but you will still die at some point)
Apparently not, and that's apparently a good thing, 'cuz specific streamers would have to get real jobs otherwise (in this economy).
''The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense. And eventually, you'll be dead.''
"
gageris wrote:
I am just wondering, nowadays having 6k hp, 90 phys, 88/88/88 elemental, 75 chaos is not nearly enough defense not to get 1shoted all day long.

Just don't get hit.
There was a video a few leagues back where someone did Uber Elder with 1hp.
Your argument is invalid.
Hello. I wanted to share my experience and opinion. I don’t know if I will come back to check replies so I don’t want anyone to think I’m ignoring them.

I’ve been playing a long time, and this isn’t my first account to attempt PoE.
I have, for medical reasons, a very difficult time playing games quickly. I also like playing fast-paced games.
The highlight of gaming for me was Diablo 2’s pvp system that relied on either proper positioning and reading your opponent or simply being too fast and accurate for your opponent to effectively evade you. Whether you played slowly or quickly, every game action mattered and as long as you didn’t stray from the 10-15 viable builds you could make pvp work at your pace even with some of the better players.

PoE, when development came along enough for my computer to run it (Act 3!), had a pretty slow pace, legible visuals and quick deaths to punish mistakes. The game didn’t feel unfair, just hard.

The mechanics from Anarchy and Beyond increased the pace of the game but still felt fair.
Starting with torment and warbands, the game started to become physically difficult for me to keep up with due to my disability. The pace of the game and visual clutter started to drastically increase, while mechanics that allow people like me to play comfortably are repeatedly nerfed. The lab, before the traps were nerfed, was one of the worst bits of content I’ve ever seen in a multiplayer game because it didn’t seem designed to create fun experiences for players. The decision to shift the challenge of lab to the new optional Uber-Uber-Uber labs was actually, in my opinion, one of the best decisions GGG ever made.

I do feel like most one-shot mechanics can be avoided. I also feel like some content wasn’t designed to challenge players as much as irritate them. Those laser robots in heist that spawn in packs of 10 and use die beams would not have made it through testing phase in most other games. I question decisions like degen puddles in a game best-known for not being able to see the floor, bosses that use flicker-strike style abilities that require faster reaction times than almost anything else in the game (good pacing choice) and time-sensitive content like legion that cannot be completed by slower players on a game that emphasizes choosing between slow&defensive or fast&flimsy. I don’t need the game to be changed to please me. I don’t need to get my way. If the next league introduces another time-gated mechanic like legion that I literally cannot complete I can always move to standard or go play another game.

I think the “git gud” attitude this community excuses lot of poor design decisions by GGG. I think the game should be hard. I just want to feel like my deaths are my fault and not an intentional effort by the developers to increase my death count regardless of what decisions I make.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just wanted to flesh out my thoughts in a way that felt complete to me. Good hunting, exiles!
"
LOL, you dont need so much money. I have killed everything in the game and have spend less then 5ex, so, GET GOOD.

Or you can, like i, copy someone else's build from someone who understand the game better then you.

It's not about not being able to kill something.
It's about the non-predictable and unbalanced monster damage towards players which results in a lot of random deaths (for example white mob 1shoting 6k max ressist characters in unmodded maps).
"
gageris wrote:

It's not about not being able to kill something.
It's about the non-predictable and unbalanced monster damage towards players which results in a lot of random deaths (for example white mob 1shoting 6k max ressist characters in unmodded maps).

Aside from DD effects and/or having of lot of damage multiplies on you from curses/shock etc, this doesn't happen. Even Baran Theumaturges won't oneshot in such a scenario.
"
jewdas12 wrote:
"
gageris wrote:
I am just wondering, nowadays having 6k hp, 90 phys, 88/88/88 elemental, 75 chaos is not nearly enough defense not to get 1shoted all day long.

I do understand that running tripple dmg / crit moded maps should be hard and RIPpy, but in maps without these dmg mobs/ressist reduction? At this point it doesn't matter what you run, you get roflstomped by monsters in any mods (either it's dmg mods or not).

GGG proved being clueless during delirium league, when they introduced a lot of 1shotty mechanics on monster deaths "to counter zoom zoom builds" but in reality slow builds got gutted by these on-death mechanics. Now we have same thing happening - immortal builds are still immortal, but the majority of builds suffer from mechanics, that are supposed to kill the immortal ones.

Leave these 10000ex builds be, don't try to balance the game, so there is something in the game that can kill it. When you introduce something that will hit 5000dmg to these 1000ex builds, simple casual 10ex builds will get hit 100000 dmg by it.
if you die from "random" one shots all day with these defenses you are actually bad at the game, dont know what else to tell you

get good?

Well you run through map with shield charge (fortify included) and mid charge cast into the pack you hit the deck from something, how else can you play better? :) by playing tornado shot which kills mobs off-screen?

The funny thing is - simple mobs are more dangerous than bosses in this game. Boss is just a big sponge with predictible attacks, mobs in map just do whatever they want :)
Was funny to see one streamer video like 1 year ago, when he was zooming a map with HH with 200k ES and got hit like 170k dmg randomly :D
Last edited by gageris on Mar 9, 2021, 12:50:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info