Will GGG ever stop balancing monster damage around 1000ex max defense builds?

I love that people always conveniently assumes that i'm running chars with 5k hp or something

7k hp, 33% fortify, 40% phys dmg as fire, 100% ailment avoidance, 100% reflect immune. Not your softcore char (considering i have copied it from alkaizer).

I have a char like this a i still say the tank design and the oneshots in this game are a bad choice

NOTE: If your char is (or seems to be) decent to you, it doesnt make the system perfect in every aspect and perspective and for all classes (e.g. life vs ES, caster vs attack, ranged vs melee)
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 6, 2021, 8:46:04 AM
to quote alkaizer...chief is a bad ascendancy...just saying :) and he's not wrong with that, i dont know why everyone things chief is supposed to be tanky compared to champ
This guy thinks chief is a good acendency what the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Exactly what i was waiting for:

I dont even think you understand how a weak argument (and in an immature form) this reads like: "Don't play this class rotolul"

We got a perfectly balanced game and solid arguments out there folks, game systems are well tuned, tank system is done well, there aint oneshots in this game, but just dont play this class understand?
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 6, 2021, 9:06:15 AM
One-shots DO happen. Are they always random? No. Most of the times is because you are trying to tank 362372537 hits in 0.001 seconds :)

But some are random. Sometimes you encounter a monster with substantial phys, powerful crits and your 75% chance to block fail. Or your 80% dodge fail. Just random encounters. You can prevent it? Yes. There's a video of a guy in reddit tanking even the Maven memory game and surviving. The only thing that kills him is the Maven Brain aoe. And sometimes Uber Atziri flame circle if they overlap.

But just a tip: having over 75% capped resists, over 6k HP and some guard skill is not enough. You need to either add layers of defenses and reduce incoming damage or YOLO one-shot everything. But you will die some times.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
ZaeN wrote:
Exactly what i was waiting for:

I dont even think you understand how immature and weak this reads like: "Don't play this class rotolul"

We got a perfectly balanced game and solid arguments out there folks, game systems are well tuned, tank system is done well, there aint oneshots in this game, but just dont play this class understand?

Well if you expect to not die or ever be oneshot then you either build around it and that starts with the right class choice or you accept it...
not doing that and saying its bullshit because you "cant avoid" this without even trying is like crying about something you can change..
no game is perfectly balanced and its a fact that 90% of ascendacys arent made for that...and thats something you could criticize, but then again...you dont even pick the right ones in the first place and complain, so we shouldnt start with logic...
you have the choice to avoid these situations and you choose not do, instead you complain about it

not even starting with you saying you blindly "copied alkiazers char" so it has to be tanky... without even knowing what he thinks about it
Last edited by Artluxd on Mar 6, 2021, 9:04:46 AM
People don't understand RNG. You don't slap 75% block on a character and expect it to never die. 25% still says you get hit. If you want more predictable results, build Fortify effect, higher resistances, damage taken as etc.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
no game is perfectly balanced

STRONG disagree here

"
Artluxd wrote:

Well if you expect to not die or ever be oneshot then you either build around it and that starts with the right class choice or you accept it...
not doing that and saying its bullshit because you "cant avoid" this without even trying is like crying about something you can change..
no game is perfectly balanced and its a fact that 90% of ascendacys arent made for that...and thats something you could criticize, but then again...you dont even pick the right ones in the first place and complain, so we shouldnt start with logic...
you have the choice to avoid these situations and you choose not do, instead you complain about it

not even starting with you saying you blindly "copied alkiazers char" so it has to be tanky... without even knowing what he thinks about it

This is what i was talking about when they try to fix stuff the other way around.
For example talking about "dont play this class" there have been plenty of requests to "fix deadeye" and that it is particularly squishy/helpless of the ranger trio. Compare with PF that is godlike or raider that does work.

So rather than adjusting the baseline game/cull the godlike combos to allow deadeye to fit in the game, they keep it as it is because PF exists and go a long way around it and ultimately leave deadeye in its own mess.

Point is, in the moment that "dont play chief" is stated, it is an acknowledgment that something is not correct here

"
gageris wrote:
I am just wondering, nowadays having 6k hp, 90 phys, 88/88/88 elemental, 75 chaos is not nearly enough defense not to get 1shoted all day long.

I do understand that running tripple dmg / crit moded maps should be hard and RIPpy, but in maps without these dmg mobs/ressist reduction? At this point it doesn't matter what you run, you get roflstomped by monsters in any mods (either it's dmg mods or not).

GGG proved being clueless during delirium league, when they introduced a lot of 1shotty mechanics on monster deaths "to counter zoom zoom builds" but in reality slow builds got gutted by these on-death mechanics. Now we have same thing happening - immortal builds are still immortal, but the majority of builds suffer from mechanics, that are supposed to kill the immortal ones.

Leave these 10000ex builds be, don't try to balance the game, so there is something in the game that can kill it. When you introduce something that will hit 5000dmg to these 1000ex builds, simple casual 10ex builds will get hit 100000 dmg by it.
if you die from "random" one shots all day with these defenses you are actually bad at the game, dont know what else to tell you

get good?
With the defence you have if you die it's that you afk into a huge pack of monster and wait for them to all kill you at once or try to tank maven bubble explosion/memory game while forgetting to use your flask and make your fortify.
So at this point it's your fault but with half that defense you can do 128 points in the gauntlet (which imply not dying on a game more than twice as hard as regular poe).

The problem is not the character it's not the game it's between the chair and the screen.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info