Will GGG ever stop balancing monster damage around 1000ex max defense builds?

I am just wondering, nowadays having 6k hp, 90 phys, 88/88/88 elemental, 75 chaos is not nearly enough defense not to get 1shoted all day long.

I do understand that running tripple dmg / crit moded maps should be hard and RIPpy, but in maps without these dmg mobs/ressist reduction? At this point it doesn't matter what you run, you get roflstomped by monsters in any mods (either it's dmg mods or not).

GGG proved being clueless during delirium league, when they introduced a lot of 1shotty mechanics on monster deaths "to counter zoom zoom builds" but in reality slow builds got gutted by these on-death mechanics. Now we have same thing happening - immortal builds are still immortal, but the majority of builds suffer from mechanics, that are supposed to kill the immortal ones.

Leave these 10000ex builds be, don't try to balance the game, so there is something in the game that can kill it. When you introduce something that will hit 5000dmg to these 1000ex builds, simple casual 10ex builds will get hit 100000 dmg by it.
Last edited by gageris on Mar 6, 2021, 5:42:11 AM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2021, 12:47:47 PM
No because game is supposed to kill you. HC scene would not be competitive without lots of ways to die.
Git R Dun!
Sure wish they would.

HC crowd is the minority, and they can get killed by lags and dcs anyway. The only people that care about 'hc competitveness' is the top of the ladder in hc.

This is the first and only game so far for me when I genuienly don't learn anything from deaths most of the time and I don't even know what killed me. Most of the time I don't even see it. And even when I do know what killed me - there is nothing I can change in my build to avoid it in the future.

Random one-shots should never have been a thing. But it's been so long it has to be by design.
Last edited by apoapo1235 on Mar 6, 2021, 5:58:42 AM
LOL, you dont need so much money. I have killed everything in the game and have spend less then 5ex, so, GET GOOD.

Or you can, like i, copy someone else's build from someone who understand the game better then you.
They balance monster damage for 6k life pleb tier SC builds the popularity of aura stacking cucks should tell you that.

There are edge cases where you'll get trashed anyway, learn the edge cases and play around them instead of just trying to faceroll everything.
"
LOL, you dont need so much money. I have killed everything in the game and have spend less then 5ex, so, GET GOOD.

Or you can, like i, copy someone else's build from someone who understand the game better then you.

you can kill evverything in the game with 0ex spent lmao. You still get random one shots regularly enough, has nothing to do with get good, simple mind.
"
Sarciss wrote:
"

you can kill evverything in the game with 0ex spent lmao. You still get random one shots regularly enough, has nothing to do with get good, simple mind.

Thats just a lie. This league i got less then 5 times random oneshot. Dont exaggerate.
"
gageris wrote:
I am just wondering, nowadays having 6k hp, 90 phys, 88/88/88 elemental, 75 chaos is not nearly enough defense not to get 1shoted all day long.

I do understand that running tripple dmg / crit moded maps should be hard and RIPpy, but in maps without these dmg mobs/ressist reduction? At this point it doesn't matter what you run, you get roflstomped by monsters in any mods (either it's dmg mods or not).

GGG proved being clueless during delirium league, when they introduced a lot of 1shotty mechanics on monster deaths "to counter zoom zoom builds" but in reality slow builds got gutted by these on-death mechanics. Now we have same thing happening - immortal builds are still immortal, but the majority of builds suffer from mechanics, that are supposed to kill the immortal ones.

Leave these 10000ex builds be, don't try to balance the game, so there is something in the game that can kill it. When you introduce something that will hit 5000dmg to these 1000ex builds, simple casual 10ex builds will get hit 100000 dmg by it.

100% agree with OP.
GGG is desperate when trying to make stuff to scratch someone with 20k ES

And the hilarious thing is that these dudes reach out for their macro and logout. ROTFL.

They do all the balance in the stupid way, instead of limiting move speed to 150-200 they create grasping vine and make it miserable to the 99% of people with 30 movespeed.

Same with the oneshots, they don't add a logout timer because most stupid decisions ever and can't balance 20k ES, instead they make mobs+dmg combos that throw some div 0 bullshit to kill the 1% with 20k ES and make it miserable to everyone else with 6k life
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 6, 2021, 8:03:41 AM
I honestly wonder where people encounter "random" oneshots all the time. I felt I had them in my first league. But it was just missing game knowledge. Nowadays I can literally facetank stuff for 4 Seconds without moving and on my 50c Twink I am also not dying to stuff that is "random". Yes, it would help a lot to see what kinds of damage you received to learn mechanics better but the fact that the Author only related to simple resistances without a single form of conversion, block, avoidance, less/reduced or mitigated damage shows how little he understands about how to reduce damage through different cycles of defensive layers.

"
Same with the oneshots, they don't add a logout timer because most stupid decisions ever and can't balance 20k ES, instead they make mobs+dmg combos that throw some div 0 bullshit to kill the 1% with 20k ES and make it miserable to everyone else with 6k life

You´re the same like the Author. Just for gods sake learn the game. I have 4.9k Life and more than 2 million elemental EHP. How about you start consider other variables of defenses than just max life and max res. Just checked out your char - sure, level 2 cast when damage taken molten shell and you honestly expect this to get you anywhere?
Last edited by Vennto on Mar 6, 2021, 8:09:14 AM
* runs legion in a 100% delirium superjuiced t16

"Wtf is this game with the one-shots I swear to god"
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info