How to get the value you deserve.

Something tells me OP would get more "value" out of their life if they spent their time doing something productive in real life instead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
But, the OP has stated many times before that he makes much more money in RL.
Still do not understand the Snow White Mirror complex that pervades everyone of his threads.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Jerle wrote:
I don't know why OP is still hanging around this game. Maybe try to get value out of Wolcen or something (sorry Charan xD).

Why apologise, friend? You know I've gotten an immense value for my money from that game and I give precisely 0.2 fucks what anyone else thinks in that regard. I've tried to encourage friends to play it and for some it stuck, for others it was received as the majority received it: a deeply flawed, overly ambitious ARPG that crashed its meteoric landing and never recovered from it. But -- and this kind of surprised even me -- I logged onto steam yesterday (ironically with the intention of buying a friend a game I wanted them to try) and there was a fairly chunky balance/meta patch for Wolcen from a few days ago. Like, seriously. At this point even I'm like, dude. Everyone thinks you're either competent scammers or incompetent devs. Let it die or something. You don't have enough players to warrant the usage of the word 'meta'.

If anything, the only game where I've never gotten 'the value I deserve' is this one, and that's because that was never what I wanted out of it. I just find it immeasurably ludicrous that someone who ultimately relies on the generosity of people like me to play this game almost for free would then turn around and proselytise about 'getting the value you deserve'. Technically when you put next to nothing into something, that's precisely what you deserve back. And, equally technically, vice versa. But PoE has never been about 'getting the value you deserve' -- it hinged entirely on a philosophy that didn't even really exist when it came out: non p2w f2p. Whether or not it stuck to that philosophy is a much larger topic and frankly not one I'd address in something as unworthy as a Kopogero thread, but that was the opening gambit. That 'the value you deserve' is well above and beyond what you put in, and that in the spirit of fairness, people with more dollars than sense would pick up the monumental slack. And we did, didn't we, you and I? Repeatedly. Shit, brother, you're STILL doing it, albeit for a game that I think will ultimately need it more, given EHG seem no where near as ruthless as TencentGGG turned out to be, given they went the buy to play route supplemented by mtxes, rather than the f2p totally supported by them (cosmetic/superficial at first, but as hinted above, somewhat less so now).

In short (yes, there is an In Short here), lecturing financial supporters of a game that was never about 'the value you deserve' when you yourself have not supported the game beyond niggardly essentials is in incredibly poor taste and displays a great incapacity to read the room. But hey, that's the niche he's carved here, and it never fails to get responses. Good luck acting the same way in a game community where you haven't spent years sculpting a certain image where you know your threads won't be totally ignored -- even if that image might be one of self-aggrandising pomposity (and let's be honest: plenty of people have accused me of that one too, and from well before Kop's time).

And that, I suspect, is why he is still hanging around the game. Again, not entirely unlike me. The difference is I LIKE being a nobody in bigger, better games. It fills me with a sense of awe and humility to be just a pleb trying to get by in a huge, moving world full of genuine power players. Elite: Dangerous made me feel this way. Both GW1 and GW2 make me feel this way. Eve absolutely did. PoE never did because I never respected the game's idea of 'power', and completely bypassed it anyway. What do I care about in-game power when I chose the game precisely because I couldn't just buy it -- but could instead buy influence over the game itself? I never really played PoE; as Ruler of Wraeclast, as the first Diamond, it's always been a meta-game for me. A fucking stupidly expensive one, but one I absolutely revelled in playing: you can pay to get the door open, but after that it's up to you to figure out how to make that opening mean something other than 'rich kid stupid sword', as a certain well-known designer of a pair of boots once labelled me. :)

...I hope you realise at this point that I'm actually talking directly to you, still. I didn't veer into generality. I Ruled Wraeclast; you Rule elsewhere. We have had other Rulers here, but none posted with the badges on. Not as I did, and not as you do. What does that say about us? I always treated it like a big joke, in true privileged Australian fashion. No big deal mate. And fuckin' hell the title itself was one ugly bastard. I'd switch my titles around almost like another meta-game, hiding them entirely if I wanted to express displeasure, lighting them all up if I were 'proud' of the game (usually after a new trailer hit). But you, you just leave them all on, all the time. Laziness, or genuinely 'proud' constantly?

I'm not being hypothetical here. Earnestly curious, since to me titles and badges bought with money are meaningless until we give them meaning.

Until we give them the value they deserve.

"
DoubleU wrote:
But, the OP has stated many times before that he makes much more money in RL.

Didn't I already go on about this fallacious usage of the word 'makes'? Consider that other thread, wherein username Acolina87 told people not to be envious of others (and then proceeded to show off his prestige item, because apparently it's impossible to not shoot one's self in the foot, just as it's impossible for most here to notice it) -- my first reaction was to point out how silly it is to be envious of something like a virtual item that has no inherent value of its own and will, someday, be literally disintegrated when the game goes offline (and not in the good way), and then suggest there are other things to be genuinely envious of, such as my investment portfolio. Haha, yeah, I actually considered it. But I don't *make* that wealth. It makes itself because I was fortunate enough to be able to seed it.

Anyone who 'makes much more money in RL', and by make I want to mean 'earn', almost certainly is too busy earning it to waste their time in a place like this. Through the ongoing act of earning alone they don't really need the proxy 'meaningfulness' that acting like a big-shot online gives. That is reserved for the have-nots and the well-off wastrels. I am the latter; most here are the former. When I was the former, I chose much more engaging, susceptible communities than this one to pretend otherwise (read: roleplayers). ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 7, 2021, 11:21:40 PM
"

In short (yes, there is an In Short here), lecturing financial supporters of a game that was never about 'the value you deserve' when you yourself have not supported the game beyond niggardly essentials is in incredibly poor taste and displays a great incapacity to read the room.

Word.

"

But you, you just leave them all on, all the time. Laziness, or genuinely 'proud' constantly?

The short answer is, yes. Proud of what GGG has achieved with this game, and I, being able to say I've been around for most of POE and seen its evolution. :) It may not have the soul I yearn for, but I can't quite deny it is the only game that came closest to scratching that ARPG itch since D3 failed terribly as a successor to D2 all those years ago.

And we all know how much our Rule means in the grand scheme of things. As much as I had supported elsewhere, hoping to find that soul I cannot find here, whether it will actually pan out that way... *shrugs* who knows?
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Please. For the children. Let's let this one just fade away.

Lol! How long have you been on these forums? This was never going to happen.

It's like me wishing sports gamers would just learn to stop eating EA's bs so they face some actual financial threat from all their missteps elsewhere, but nope. They always bite, year after year. They were always going to.

As long as K keeps posting here, the good people of this forum are always gonna fall for it. Now has anyone seen S*dDr*pUs*r off late? K needs some competition.
"
Exile009 wrote:
Lol! How long have you been on these forums? This was never going to happen.

It's like me wishing sports gamers would just learn to stop eating EA's bs so they face some actual financial threat from all their missteps elsewhere, but nope. They always bite, year after year. They were always going to.

As long as K keeps posting here, the good people of this forum are always gonna fall for it. Now has anyone seen S*dDr*pUs*r off late? K needs some competition.

The special guy has been seen around the Feedback section lately. Legend has it he still hasn't completed Act 10 on a Marauder.

On regards of the K guy, I can say I never enjoyed talking about the weather as much as in these threads. :)
Fuck, I just realised I haven't actually shared my incredibly important input in this regard.

It was kind of humid here today, with some wicked storms out west (inland NSW copped 75,000 lightning strikes, according to the Bureau of Meteorology), but we copped just a little wind and gloom. More pertinently, this is peak spider weather, so most of my friends are posting pictures of giant huntsman spiders in their house. I'm not really cool with them as a household feature but they're excellent for pest management if you can co-exist with a hairy, unpredictable eight-legged thing the size of your hand...yay.

Yes, spider weather is a thing.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Fuck, I just realised I haven't actually shared my incredibly important input in this regard.

It was kind of humid here today, with some wicked storms out west (inland NSW copped 75,000 lightning strikes, according to the Bureau of Meteorology), but we copped just a little wind and gloom. More pertinently, this is peak spider weather, so most of my friends are posting pictures of giant huntsman spiders in their house. I'm not really cool with them as a household feature but they're excellent for pest management if you can co-exist with a hairy, unpredictable eight-legged thing the size of your hand...yay.

As a European it still baffles me that people want to live where you live. I have no issue with spiders normally, but at the size they come at here, there is nothing to worry. A hand-sized spider though? I don't need that.

The weather has been kind, though!
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"

As a European it still baffles me that people want to live where you live. I have no issue with spiders normally, but at the size they come at here, there is nothing to worry. A hand-sized spider though? I don't need that.

The weather has been kind, though!

Its spring weather now. Went out in weekend to play some Table tennis & Flisby (Spellng? The UFO thing you throw around).
"
kiadaw wrote:
Its spring weather now. Went out in weekend to play some Table tennis & Flisby (Spellng? The UFO thing you throw around).

Frisbee.
On topic, crocuses have sprouted in the front garden, robins are everywhere and my wife's bird feeders are getting a lot of attention.
Pulled up all the roots from the garden, getting ready for re-planting in a couple of weeks.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info