How to get the value you deserve.

"
Kopogero wrote:
The thing is GGG gave us the tools so the community can get a better value out of the game, the problem is those with the most influence like certain PoE streamers don't have the best interest for the community.

I would tend to agree, I realized that with that Grimro video (later deleted I think because of backlash) where he said that Harvest was the worst to ever happen to PoE, when in fact, at least for me, it was the best thing to ever happen to PoE.

"
Kopogero wrote:
The community needs to find someone who has their best interest to host events

Not sure if that is the key need of the community, but maybe you are right? Personally, I don't care.

"
Kopogero wrote:
I host a 30 days private SSF HC league with difficult mods with an entry fee of $10. At the end of the league the prize $ is split among the top 3% of the total participants minus the cost that will be required to create the league. This format will properly reward the best of PoE as well as ensure the community has events through the entire league duration

Cool, go ahead! If you are willing to organize that, great! Find enough people to participate, and go for it. If you can find >100 people, maybe GGG will even help you organize this.

If this is a real need within the community, I am sure it should be easy to find enough people.

"
Kopogero wrote:
and then as I would become established figure and start streaming I would get sponsors involved, which would further add value to the events. Further, I would not be taking 5% fee from the total prize since I would be receiving something out of streaming, and then some will support me for spending the time to make these events happen.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that this is the real driver behind what you are doing - becoming established in the community and making money off your involvement. Not the urge to help the community, if it was, you'd be doing this in your spare time for a while to start, and then see where it leads. But not with the idea in mind that this should become your job.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
I would tend to agree, I realized that with that Grimro video (later deleted I think because of backlash) where he said that Harvest was the worst to ever happen to PoE, when in fact, at least for me, it was the best thing to ever happen to PoE.

I don´t. Streamers want PoE to be successful, because if it is = more players, = more players looking online for content = joining their Channel. The assumption that Streamers want the game actively to have lower player rates is just completely unreasonable.

"
I host a 30 days private SSF HC league with difficult mods with an entry fee of $10. At the end of the league the prize $ is split among the top 3% of the total participants minus the cost that will be required to create the league. This format will properly reward the best of PoE as well as ensure the community has events through the entire league duration

And why for the hell of it would someone join your league to pay when there are tons of prizes FOR FREE with leagues from already established players?

For me this is just the same bullshit as always, framed in a way that u think it makes sense to push you. Honestly, discrediting other content creators to make yourself look better is the far worst I have seen so far. If you want to become a streamer it´s damn simple: Gid gud, create content people would be interested in and just stream. Since you can´t do that your only option is to disrespect and discredit other streamers. Its shameful.
This guy says he wants to be a streamer but doesn't even know what streaming a game like Path of Exile is about. Arguing with him is pointless. All smoke, no fire.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
This guy says he wants to be a streamer but doesn't even know what streaming a game like Path of Exile is about. Arguing with him is pointless. All smoke, no fire.

Hmm how to say this in a thread baited by the OP, without risking a ban lmao...

Well a TLDR is, basically OP did try streaming PoE, tried really hard. It did not go well.

Turns out the audience wasnt... receptive.. to their streaming personality. Shocking I know.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I don´t. Streamers want PoE to be successful, because if it is = more players, = more players looking online for content = joining their Channel. The assumption that Streamers want the game actively to have lower player rates is just completely unreasonable.

I never said that they don't want PoE to be successful, or that they want fewer players. But a successful game, high player numbers, lots of stream viewers, and the best possible game for the community (in terms of enjoyment) are four things that are related - but they are not the same things.

What streamers want isn't necessarily the best for the community or the average player.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
One thing I dislike when making statements it's the fact that the bigger the audience they reach a certain percentage will have conflicting views (opinions) that will require further in-detail explanation/clarification.

I do like anyone who brings arguments, but be aware that I don't intend to spend my day responding or should I say arguing with everyone, especially if I find the material low/poor quality. All I am going to say is that if this community wants it can get a much better value than it's currently receiving from others, as long as they work with individuals who have their best interest.

I would add an entry fee of $10 for the 30 days Delve SSF HC private league with all difficulty (like Gauntlet) mods + no magic/rare. If there are 2,000 entries I would split the total prize with the top 60, who will get $300+ in profit, (that's minus the fee they would pay and the cost for league creation).

I would only choose to stream so I can eventually be able to do better for the community, where the goal would be (through sponsors and more supporters) to reward $500 to as many participants (a bigger percentage) from the total competing.

Now, you do the math what's better, my way or what so far you've been receiving. How many of you have seen any reward for competing?. I'm not going to go into details because you know best already, as well as how it's going to be four weeks of nothing happening since the 30 days Delve event finished where a 5,000+ prize went to the top 3. After four weeks of nothing you'll finally get another 10 days Gauntlet event, where one individual from each class receives a prize for not sleeping for good 5+ days out of the 10, and then wait another month of again nothing happening, until the next league arrives so you can grind for more pixels/MTX.
Last edited by Kopogero on Mar 4, 2021, 1:19:25 AM
Serious question, kopo:

Why don't you just host such an event instead of writing post after post about how someone should? If it's a success, the next event will be bigger and you're on your way to being someone in the PoE community. If not: Well, it was worth a shot and at least you can say you did try.

But not trying and continually posting in such a long-winded and weird style is only going to earn you ridicule.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Talk.

Walk?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Kopo, i hope all is well.

Im concerned.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
The OP should start his/her own event! With Blackjack! And Hookers!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info