How to get the value you deserve.

Yeah, last week I actually thought spring was on its way. So damn stupid of me. This week, I'm back to shoveling snow. Daily. I'd take hand-sized spiders any day og the week right now.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yeah, last week I actually thought spring was on its way. So damn stupid of me. This week, I'm back to shoveling snow. Daily. I'd take hand-sized spiders any day og the week right now.

Be thankfull you don't get the combo: The snow outside drives the hairy critters into your place for warmth :)
In South Africa we used to call them "rain spiders", as they'd always come in when it rains. Probably not as big as in Oz, but plenty big enough to scare me when I was a teen...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Everywhere has its chronic, inherent 'wtf would you want to live there?!' aspects.

Earthquakes, for example. Tornadoes. Hurricanes. Extreme temperatures at either end of the thermometer. Predators of various nature (huntsman spiders are absolutely harmless; Sydney funnel web spiders inspired Jackson's idea of Shelob).

We typically have very mild winters, which is lovely. I do not miss the snow and ice of midwinter Northeast USA, where I lived in the late 90s and early 2000s.

But I'll be honest: most of the reasons a person might choose to live in Australia have very little to do with the weather or the wildlife. No more need be said on that topic methinks, because most people really don't get to choose where they live. If I could, though? Just uproot away from friends and family and all responsibilty? I'd live in Cesky Krumlov (seriously, google it). It's like a fairy tale town with great wifi, relatively cheap beer, and it's a mere drive away from Metal Festival season. My idea of paradise on Earth.

And no giant, awkward spiders. Or small tank-like ones that react to humans in a way that suggests they know just how fucking deadly they are.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
If anything, the only game where I've never gotten 'the value I deserve' is this one, and that's because that was never what I wanted out of it.

Charan, you can do better than this. EVERYONE who spends $ on something expects some type of value in return. Why do you think these packs are called "support" packs? I'm stating how the game currently lacks in value for many (including me), which is why its not only losing a big player base during a league duration, but a lot of support. Bringing (organizing) rewarding events that are happening consistently is necessary at this point, unless they intend to redesign the core game, which will be far more costly.

You brag about your exceptional support, but in the same time you don't want to admit to the reality, which is wishing you were more like me, wishing you had the opportunity to know more than what you knew before I've been providing to you and many valuable info over the years. Now, you and other former whales are just jaded by the fact that your "exceptional" support only contributed for GGG to gain the attention and its imminent acquisition from big China companies like Tencent, when they wrote a number to Chris that he wouldn't refuse.

Throwing $ blindly is not the solution to receive whatever value you want or expect in return. That's why voting with your wallet is essential, supporting wisely what you believe more of should follow in the future. Didn't I say somewhere in this thread "as long as the community works with individuals who have their best interest at heart" they'll get a lot more out of this product? ...and that goes with everything else in life.

Look at the upcoming Gauntlet event, with days ahead before it starts and they've only raised $3,500, and then the prize will be split to the top 6 of each class, and further split to the top 5 overall. So, you are looking at 6-10 individuals at best splitting $3,500 (+$3,500 thanks to the sponsor) from 10,000 participants, which comes down to $650 per (deducting the 5% the organizers will take). They'll be required to barely get any sleep within those 5+ days of competing. So, no wonder these Gauntlet events continue to receive less and less value for participating, especially after my last post that explained and exposed why there's very low value in participating as well as winning. These events would've also probably never happened if I didn't raise awareness over the years on what's NOT being done, especially when I started organizing events myself. .

So, please don't even write statements like the one below.

"

I just find it immeasurably ludicrous that someone who ultimately relies on the generosity of people like me to play this game almost for free would then turn around and proselytise about 'getting the value you deserve'. Technically when you put next to nothing into something, that's precisely what you deserve back.

You are the reason there is a Tencent-GGG and not just GGG, but also now with your support gone and the support of many other former whales like you, guess who's value has grown exponentially? I am today far more valued consumer/customer to Tencent-GGG than ever, and I know for a fact when Tencent purchased GGG they didn't intent 90% of the overall revenue to be from China. I expect much better product as well as shift in GGG management, if not now when Path of Exile 2 arrives. Evolution is slow, but consistent and the tactics GGG used in its early years of their product and the way they choose to monetize worked for back then, but now the market is different.

There is a good reason why I received far more "value" out of this product in its first years of its release than later on. The most value I can recall receiving again from a fully free to play online RPG was when I saw events with cash prizes. GGG needs to be the same company it was in 2010-2013 if its going to continue maintaining control and presence in this industry, and they are not going to achieve that by offering the same many others are.
Last edited by Kopogero on Mar 9, 2021, 6:28:36 PM
So anyway today I had a pizza with tuna and onions. There's a place near my home where I can order a 14" pizza for like 9.90€, pretty pog
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
@Kopogero you're a legend dude
"
Vennto wrote:
"
but in the same time you don't want to admit to the reality, which is wishing you were more like me

At this point I would pay money to see you banned :D How can someone be that arrogant.

I have to admit not even I saw that one coming; takes a lot to say to someone whose hefty feedback threads weren't considered trollbait by default 'you wish you were more like me'. I mean, at least I know how to use prepositions. Any hint that I might want to be 'more like' Kopogero can easily and soundly be put to rest by actually reading any of his posts. Like, actually. Reading. Every. Word. It's English but...not?

Oh Support are so going to delete this one. Read it while you can, folks.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
So anyway today I had a pizza with tuna and onions. There's a place near my home where I can order a 14" pizza for like 9.90€, pretty pog

So although Covid didn't really affect us all that much, I have noted before that I am vulnerable and have been largely in self-isolation for almost a year now. Before that, I won't lie: we ate badly. Funds allowed for frequent delivery and/or dining out, and our laissez-faire lifestyle didn't really lend itself to regular home cooking.

Most people I know have something they're ruefully grateful when it comes to Covid. A Euro friend of mine was glad it cancelled the soccer; another pointed out that without Covid, we likely wouldn't be getting an Australian Mortal Kombat movie (you fuckin' beauty). For me, it's been reconnecting with how much I LOVE spending time in the kitchen. I'm no chef but I get a real kick out of bringing things together to make a delicious whole. I don't have the dexterity or finesse for 'art', nor the galaxy-brain for 'science', and I think cooking occupies a nice midway. You get to cut stuff up but also follow a formula. And you can freeze a bunch of it for later so you don't find yourself sitting there at almost-dinner-oclock, burnt out from raids or work-at-home, resorting once again to the evil convenience of UberEats or Menulog.

Anyway, we haven't had pizza in all that time and I strangely don't miss it.

I do miss good Mexican though, and we are contemplating allowing ourselves ONE delivery a month for things that are just too hard to cook without very specific ingredients and/or equipment.

But for the most part, it's been batch-cooked Beef Strog, Spaghetti meat-sauce, curried sausages and various chicken dishes, almost always with salad. Heck, I even make my own Ramen Chashu these days.

...Okay, I lied. I do sort of miss pizza, but only really specific ones like eggplant, artichoke and yoghurt...or potato. Oh my dear lord, potato pizza...

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Onion pizzas are so underrated
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
u think minions nerfed next league?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info