How to get the value you deserve.

I'll explain how the community can get the value it deserves from this product. As you know being alone there's very little one can do when their voice is smaller. I can tell you (IMO), so far this game and its promoters/organizers are not providing you the service/product I believe you should be receiving, and more importantly I'm going to share with you how you can influence that.

Polls and petitions are one way for the community to vote on what they would support, but can be cheated (abused/manipulated with today's tech). The events we've received this "expansion" were primarily a boss rush event, where the top prizes were distributed within less than a week, some prizes within the first few days. There was a pool of $5000+ for the top 3 delvers after the first 30 days, and the second event coming a month after the Delve event. The event follows a similar format like the first, except now the difficulty is higher, but the overall difficulty will be easier than the last Gauntlet due to more loot and ways for one to obtain items. Further, we all know how the extra difficulty won't influence much the boss kills based on past Gauntlet events. Anyways, I'm going to explain what this community can do if it's united, so you do get the value you deserve.

Currently, this is what you can be receiving and what I believe you should be receiving. You're going to start receiving these events if you are only going to buy support packs as well as support streamers who you know are contributing to the value of the events and its prizes.

In the current state of the game the best events one can deliver to you are two events that will be happening simultaneously in SSF softcore and hardcore. I mentioned softcore because still there is a big community that plays the game there, but I'm guessing mainly due to the easier difficulty to get the MTX challenges. So, the softcore event might not be necessary. The event/events will be hosted using the private league format to challenge and reward properly the best within the game, which is only appropriate. So, the more you enjoy playing and learning/practicing the more you'll get rewarded in the long run.

The important thing is you'll have events happening every 30 days with emphasis on the Delve ladder. Currently, you see how the prize format Zizaran using hasn't been working out for most of you, because he purposely makes them so a specific individual benefits from the short duration, by putting more hours than anyone else, and because how the challenges are not that difficult that same individual has been consistently finishing before the rest. My guess is he splits some of the prize with its promoter to recuperate losses. The 5% is also excessive that goes to organizers, but if they don't want to receive any extra support, then they are welcome to take the 5%

When you look at the reward structure, especially this upcoming event it has poor value because it's not going to promote and reward the best within the community. Let's say the prize pool was $50,000, and the best 20 players out of 2000 (which is still a low %, since it should be at least 3%) finish all the objectives before the others, they still won't get the best value, because the prize pool is split between classes as well as the bounty prizes are going to be about more side RNG and things that you would have very little chance to win if you were focusing on winning the biggest prize.

This is why I've been saying the best event is always going to be the hardest because then those who sleep less won't get to finish the objective before someone else who happened to be better playing the game. You saw in the last Delve event how this supposedly "God gamer" ripped, he didn't press his flasks, that's the TLDR...

A Delve event where the prize is distributed to the top % of the participants brings a much better value for the game and the community. Path of Exile so far has managed to receive $50 support from me, and sadly with the rest of the PoE related streamers my support remains at $0. The best PoE streamers would get more if the game had more depth, where their content would be more useful for advanced players, not just beginners, as well as if they were more involved in delivering the best value for the community.

I will continue raising awareness so we get the value we deserve. For me the money is a little motivator, but I dislike anyone that doesn't have the best intention for me as a customer/consumer. Every individual has their own difficulty, what one has to do to gain their support.
Last edited by Kopogero on Mar 4, 2021, 3:46:36 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2021, 3:42:16 PM
Please. For the children. Let's let this one just fade away.
The value you deserve?

How about free access to the game and all it content, and constant updates free of charge for the last 8 odd years, and in the future too.

Only WoW has had me play as much or for so long on any game, and PoE is beating WoW at the moment.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Already did....I have over 5000 hrs and only spent bout 850 or so. <20 cents hr? Name me one avenue of cheaper entertainment that always updating and I'm on it if its good.

They could shutdown tomorrow or ban me I'd still say fantastic value.

Here are some other things I do for fun.
Rebuild engine on my buggy $7000 to run maybe 300 hrs
Methanol to run 2 miles $18
Filling my dads 700 gallon tank on fishing boat for a weekend ocean fishing $2200
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2021, 3:14:14 PM
Playing Path of Exile: $0
Kopogero getting trolled: Priceless.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
@lagwin1980

That's the thing Path of Exile, World of Warcraft and then there are dozens of other games out there where you can "grind" for pixels. So, it made perfect sense why they were at least realistic to go with the F2P monetizing model. The thing is the game in 2021 it has less value than ever to grind in it for more pixels, so of course it gets abandoned within weeks of a new league or "expansion" by the majority.

The future in this industry are products for the consumer that either have a significant better value in terms of reward or entertainment compared with their competition. Yes, I can agree Path of Exile was more entertaining than many F2P and then some B2P+P2P games during its early years, and that's why they could enjoy success, but then we also know what hasn't happened within this industry in the last 6-7 years.

Look at the Echoes of the Atlas. What did it brought? A new boss mob called Maven and they called that an expansion.
"
Kopogero wrote:
I'll explain how the community can get the value it deserves from this product. As you know being alone there's very little one can do when their voice is smaller. I can tell you (IMO), so far this game and its promoters/organizers are not providing you the service/product I believe you should be receiving, and more importantly I'm going to share with you how you can influence that.

Polls and petitions are one way for the community to vote on what they would support, but still that can be cheated (abused and manipulated with today's tech. Anyways, let's examine first what Echoes of the Atlas brought as well as the two events we've received so far into this "expansion". The first event was primarily a boss rush event, where the top prizes were distributed within less than a week, some prizes within the first few days. There was a pool of $5000+ for the top 3 delvers after the first 30 days.

The second event is coming three weeks after the Delve event finished, and its following a similar format like the first, except now the difficulty is higher, but the overall difficulty will be easier than the last Gauntlet event due to more loot and ways for one to obtain items. Further, we all know how the extra difficulty won't influence much the boss kills based on past Gauntlet events. The upcoming Gauntlet event is coming three weeks after the Delve event ended and I'm guessing it will last for 10 days, where you can see how the prizes are distributed. Anyways, I'm going to explain what this community can do if it's united, so you do get the value you deserve.

Currently, this is what you can be receiving and what I believe you should be receiving. You're going to start receiving these events if you are only going to buy support packs as well as support streamers who you know are contributing to the value of the events and its prizes.

In the current state of the game the best events one can deliver to you are two events that will be happening simultaneously in SSF softcore and hardcore. I mentioned softcore because still there is a big community that plays this game in softcore, but I'm guessing mainly due to the easier difficulty to get the MTX challenges. So, the softcore event might not be necessary. The event/events will be hosted using the private league format to challenge and reward properly the best within the game, which is only appropriate. So, the more you enjoy playing and learning/practicing the more you'll get rewarded in the long run.

The most important thing is you'll always have events, when they will be happening every 30 days with emphasis on the Delve ladder. Currently, you see how the prize format Zizaran using hasn't been working out for most of you, either because he purposely makes them so specific individual greatly benefits within a short duration, by putting more hours than anyone else, and because how the challenges are not that difficult that same individual has been consistently finishing before most of you.

When you also look at the reward structure, especially this upcoming event again it has poor value because it's not going to promote and reward the best within the community. Let's say the prize pool is $50,000, and the best 20 players finish all the objectives before others, they still won't get the best value, because the prize pool is split between classes as well as the bounty prizes are going to be about more side RNG and things that you would have very little chance to win if you were focusing on winning the biggest prize.

This is why I've been saying the best event is always going to be the hardest because then those who sleep less won't get to finish the objective before someone else who happened to be better playing the game. You saw in the last Delve event how this supposedly "God gamer" ripped, he didn't press his flasks, that's the TLDR...

The Delve events with the format I outlined above where the entire prize is properly distributed to the top % of the total participants/supporters then you'll be getting a lot more out of supporting this game and the event organizers/promoters. So, for the time being you can either just wait for them to not do this or hope they do it and then you'll open your wallet if you believe you are getting far greater value for playing/following this product than anything else on the market.

Path of Exile so far has managed to receive $50 support from me, and sadly with the rest of the PoE related streamers my support remains at $0, but I will continue further raising awareness so hopefully we all get the value we deserve. For me the money is a very little motivator, but I dislike anyone and anything that doesn't have the best intention for me as a potential customer/consumer. Every individual has their own difficulty, what one has to do to gain their support, and at least I'm being vocal on what my "difficulty" level is.

Less words pls.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Indignant freeloader soapboxes about getting value you deserve to actual supporters, actual supporters heckle. World otherwise unchanged.

More at 11 (no doubt).
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 1, 2021, 10:34:17 PM
"
Look at the Echoes of the Atlas. What did it brought? A new boss mob called Maven and they called that an expansion.

- A completely new endgame boss
- Heist going Core, expanding Farming options
- Harvest going Core, expanding Farming options
- Harvest going core, changing/influencing crafting all over the place
- New strategies how to progress the atlas
- A new Ritual Challenge League
- Maven Orb as drop: Higher Ceiling and new best-in-slot crafting for the top players.
- Atlas Expansion Points - finally a tool to give agency to players in terms of what content to engage with
- crafteable watchstones for even more player agency and new farming strats

Yeah. Just a boss. [Removed by Support]. I spent around 30€ on this game so far and with that expansion I actually feel bad that I simply can´t afford more right now because the game actually deserves it. People should be in awe of the work they put in in one expansion.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Mar 1, 2021, 11:10:31 PM
Yes, the best expansion and league ever IMO. Now to the OP. Especially newer players look at POE and think of this and that thing that could be better without the benefit of almost 10 years of information.

Do I like the "inconvenience" of trade? Not particularly. Or that the game is somewhat buggy? No. But I have learned how to mitigate crashes etc. by 1) not playing hardcore 2) learning to level up safely and to take risks when you have already hit your level goal. It is a hell of a lot easier to stomach one-shots, disconnects etc. when the downside is virtually zero. So, if I can give good advice...don't fight the system, make it work for you. That entails accepting what you might not think is perfect.

Now the real question is whether you will learn the easy way or the hard way.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 1, 2021, 11:22:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info