The reason why harvest is not as bad as you think

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
If people would just stop comparing themselves to others they'd be so much happier with their lives. Sadly, many people want the same goodies without putting in the same effort, brains and time-wise.

I don't intrinsically care what you have in-game, and I don't compare myself with you. All I care about is whether PoE can offer a compelling gaming experience for me or not.

You can have 50 mirrors for all I care, and clear the entire game in seconds. I do not intrinsically care about that, unfortunately however, the way the game is designed makes me care about what you have, because you having more drives up prices for things I need to have a good gameplay experience, and because people like you want balance changes (like nerfing Harvest, not sure you are one of those people, but lots of people want nerfs to Harvest, and it has already happened) for their own enjoyment of the game, as well.

Do you understand that? It is not about your gear or your advantage, but about me and my experience. It's mostly a single player game for me.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
The overall quality of rare gear has increased dramatically with the introduction of Harvest, but so has the difficulty of the game.

That is certainly true at the top end, but much less at the bottom end. I typically have a total amount of currency to spend of less than 10 Exalts per league (I've resorted to play Standard for now). At that total amount of currency, I don't think investing it in Harvest crafting is a wise idea, so you are stuck with what was there before. In that sense, Harvest crafting benefits the min-maxers a lot more than casual players (casual like me). I do admit that the Echoes of the Atlas expansion has made it easier to generate currency, though.

BTW, Harvest league did offer a pretty compelling gameplay experience (minus the fact that you had to use TFT to trade), with the ability to craft gear for most players. It was also the only league where I made more than 10 ex of currency. It was just such a great experience to play that league.

My suggestion for Harvest would be to buff it at the mid-range, while nerfing its ability to produce perfect items. One way to do so? Make it so that it cannot hit T1 mods. Another way to do so? Make it so that it can only be used on items with a maximum of 4 affixes. A third way to do so? Make Harvest crafted items account-bound. Lots of possibilities, but just nerfing the spawn rate does no good (we've seen that with Eternal Orbs).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Mar 5, 2021, 6:49:14 AM
Spoiler
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
If people would just stop comparing themselves to others they'd be so much happier with their lives. Sadly, many people want the same goodies without putting in the same effort, brains and time-wise.

I don't intrinsically care what you have in-game, and I don't compare myself with you. All I care about is whether PoE can offer a compelling gaming experience for me or not.

You can have 50 mirrors for all I care, and clear the entire game in seconds. I do not intrinsically care about that, unfortunately however, the way the game is designed makes me care about what you have, because you having more drives up prices for things I need to have a good gameplay experience, and because people like you want balance changes (like nerfing Harvest, not sure you are one of those people, but lots of people want nerfs to Harvest, and it has already happened) for their own enjoyment of the game, as well.

Do you understand that? It is not about your gear or your advantage, but about me and my experience. It's mostly a single player game for me.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
The overall quality of rare gear has increased dramatically with the introduction of Harvest, but so has the difficulty of the game.
"
Char1983 wrote:

That is certainly true at the top end, but much less at the bottom end. I typically have a total amount of currency to spend of less than 10 Exalts per league (I've resorted to play Standard for now). At that total amount of currency, I don't think investing it in Harvest crafting is a wise idea, so you are stuck with what was there before. In that sense, Harvest crafting benefits the min-maxers a lot more than casual players (casual like me). I do admit that the Echoes of the Atlas expansion has made it easier to generate currency, though.

BTW, Harvest league did offer a pretty compelling gameplay experience (minus the fact that you had to use TFT to trade), with the ability to craft gear for most players. It was also the only league where I made more than 10 ex of currency. It was just such a great experience to play that league.

My suggestion for Harvest would be to buff it at the mid-range, while nerfing its ability to produce perfect items. One way to do so? Make it so that it cannot hit T1 mods. Another way to do so? Make it so that it can only be used on items with a maximum of 4 affixes. A third way to do so? Make Harvest crafted items account-bound. Lots of possibilities, but just nerfing the spawn rate does no good (we've seen that with Eternal Orbs).

I am not a part of the crowd that wants nerfs for Harvest. If balance demands some more strong affixes to have certain tags removed (e.g. Elusive crit tag for Redeemer boots) then so be it, but I'd like Harvest to stay mostly the way it is now, with limited storage for crafts and all.

I do not ever play trade leagues. I'm an SSF guy. Right now I host a small private league with about 30 active players, so my experience does not impact your experience at all. Path of Exile is, and always has been, somewhat of a solo player experience anyway.

Harvest benefits casuals like yourself in many ways by the way. On the one hand, crafting gear for yourself is a lot easier. On the other hand, really GOOD gear has been made so much easier, so prices for good rare items have dropped in response.

Again, you can think of TFT what you will, but that's criticism of how trade works and has nothing to do with Harvest as a mechanic.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Mar 5, 2021, 7:06:59 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
It's as easy as currency you got which GGG didnt intend.

I made this stuff in like 3 hours just to practice.

I was talking about triple elevated mods and you present that. Yeah, try again I guess.

"
hose saying "harvest is easy" do not really understand what additional layer of crafting is out there now with maven orbs, you have easily blown 20-40ex in conq ex + alt spam + mavens (double & RIP tries) + awakener + eventual third maven before even having started doing a single "augment" craft and then it's not coming for free

yeah, exactly this :)

"
Harvest is gonna stay. If anything we need MORE harvest to make it usable SSF or else you can easily pass a whole league doing only haewark

I - just personally - hope you are right. I loved harvest league, I like harvest in general, I have been an advocat for more deterministic crafting rather than the endless luck and slot-machine the game was before and I get the problems in terms of trading right now, but I rather see more of it than less.

We have had deterministic crafting since OG masters in 2014...forsaken masters... Jun took it to a new OP level. Harvest makes it so drops dont even matter. Its an item editor.

Yes I know it's hard now..especially after nerfs and SSF but it's a philosophy I don't agree with because like I said it's all consuming because nothing can compare. All I do is hamlet. Even if I had 10,000 exalts and 1000 eternal orbs...weak sauce compared to harvest. No point in anything else until gear is perfect.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 5, 2021, 10:44:52 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Spoiler
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

I am not a part of the crowd that wants nerfs for Harvest. If balance demands some more strong affixes to have certain tags removed (e.g. Elusive crit tag for Redeemer boots) then so be it, but I'd like Harvest to stay mostly the way it is now, with limited storage for crafts and all.

I do not ever play trade leagues. I'm an SSF guy. Right now I host a small private league with about 30 active players, so my experience does not impact your experience at all. Path of Exile is, and always has been, somewhat of a solo player experience anyway.

Harvest benefits casuals like yourself in many ways by the way. On the one hand, crafting gear for yourself is a lot easier. On the other hand, really GOOD gear has been made so much easier, so prices for good rare items have dropped in response.

Again, you can think of TFT what you will, but that's criticism of how trade works and has nothing to do with Harvest as a mechanic.

limited storage only affects lazy people who don't plan or think they should craft thier GG item in one session like multimodding. i've never stored more than 3 having many pages of items I'm working on... And that was before I had unbeaable whispers...now I save none.

Frankly I do away with storage at a minimum to nerf this.

As a bonus...Solves the trade issue by in large without account binding
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 5, 2021, 11:08:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
limited storage only affects lazy people who don't plan or think they should craft thier GG item in one session like multimodding. i've never stored more than 3 having many pages of items I'm working on... And that was before I had unbeaable whispers...now I save none.

It doesn't affect lazy people, it affects people that have a different play style than yours. Of course, you can call those people lazy, but it tells more about you than it does about the people you are talking about.

Having multiple pages of items to work on makes sense if you play a lot. If you don't, you typically concentrate on one character. It doesn't make sense to craft gear for another character at that point, because

a) you probably don't want to invest in the bases for that, because you have limited currency
b) by the time you finish the gear for that other character, that build might have become useless because of balance changes
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

That is certainly true at the top end, but much less at the bottom end.

Yeah, this is what discord players and those who 'play efficiently' just don't get -that there are also people who don't end up abusing every mechanic introduced.

It's so worlds apart. Funny thing about Harvest is that in it's current iteration it ends up f*cking up all the casuals and benefiting exactly those who are crying Harvest being imbalanced. Right now my horticraft station is full and it's chronically filled. I don't trade for crafts and I definitively won't micromanage it 'efficiently' because f*ck that.
Last edited by vmt80 on Mar 6, 2021, 5:54:22 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

It doesn't affect lazy people, it affects people that have a different play style than yours. Of course, you can call those people lazy, but it tells more about you than it does about the people you are talking about.

Having multiple pages of items to work on makes sense if you play a lot. If you don't, you typically concentrate on one character. It doesn't make sense to craft gear for another character at that point, because

a) you probably don't want to invest in the bases for that, because you have limited currency
b) by the time you finish the gear for that other character, that build might have become useless because of balance changes

Yeah that was poor choice of wording. I just meant not want to plan or deal with harvest given at the moment. too tedious like lots of things in this game. As far as many builds. Its true i'm working on caster and melee items because I know what crafts presented are. Really no need for storage this way ...really what i need is more crafting opportunities :P

Was nerfed to the ground after first couple weeks

Thing is even as bad as spawn rate is - it's the only thing worth doing in game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 6, 2021, 6:43:39 AM

Thanks to Harvest I got this House of Mirrors card! Guess I'll have to be a Harvest Stan for the rest of my days now...
Last edited by Kayarath on Mar 7, 2021, 4:01:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info