The reason why harvest is not as bad as you think

If people would just stop comparing themselves to others they'd be so much happier with their lives. Sadly, many people want the same goodies without putting in the same effort, brains and time-wise. The top 0.1% has always had an "advantage" over casual players. Investing more time and having more knowledge about the game and its mechanics should always be rewarded. Harvest ia a mechanic that benefits the min-maxer as well as casuals and SSF players.

The trading via Discord point has nothing to do with Harvest itself by the way. Trade is poorly designed in general, and with full intent as we learned from the latest Trade Maniphesto from Chris himself. You already need 3rd party tools to trade for items and Discord is just another 3rd party tool that people utilize to organize trading in a safer environment.

The overall quality of rare gear has increased dramatically with the introduction of Harvest, but so has the difficulty of the game. GGG is aware of how impactful Harvest crafting is and has already taken steps to balance certain mods (mainly by removing certain tags from affixes such as e.g. Tailwind) and if one thing is sure, they'll look at 3.13 in retrospect and make further adjustments.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Time is limited and even with all the power of TFT discord + starting this patch with 500 zana missions stored it takes time ... A LOT OF TIME. Its not as easy as people picture it to be.

Definately true. Ttriple elevated double influenced items like they exist now wouldn´t even be possible without harvest. A single gear slot for items like this costs from 80-150ex or more, if you are really unlucky. Not to mention the time you have to spend on TFT. I see the problem with the question how to implement it, but it´s not as simple as some people think to get your hands on GG items.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@zzang

I wouldnt bet on that. They obviously didnt want them traded by not giving craft containers unlike beasts. Players circumvented GGG's intention with TFT Discord. GGG has already responded with ninja nerfing spawn rates. More to come. They'll either account bound touched items, keep very low volume, or just delete whole mechanic.Stay tunned something coming next league. There is literally thousands of complaints about this mechanic at reddit. It's all consuming bandwidth and game time. Something will be done.

Guys in standard like yourself better item edit while u can.

Im doing the best i can already.

Time is limited and even with all the power of TFT discord + starting this patch with 500 zana missions stored it takes time ... A LOT OF TIME. Its not as easy as people picture it to be.

Out of curiosuity what Staff build you are going for that is gonna do T19 100% Delirious? Im also having a Staff build doing this content.

Wow. Nice one. I got mirror gear in standard and did some discording too but play an entirely different game now (ssf) so I'll never get one like that probably.

Anyway as far as build. Right now just playing a janky BV no guide. Soon I will respec to this guy.

lol@ name... you can guess where it comes from

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds/char/Konaoto/ActualGoodMathilBuild?i=6&search=class%3DChieftain

Git R Dun!
"
Vennto wrote:
"

Definately true. Ttriple elevated double influenced items like they exist now wouldn´t even be possible without harvest. A single gear slot for items like this costs from 80-150ex or more, if you are really unlucky. Not to mention the time you have to spend on TFT. I see the problem with the question how to implement it, but it´s not as simple as some people think to get your hands on GG items.

It's as easy as currency you got which GGG didnt intend.

I made this stuff in like 3 hours just to practice.

Git R Dun!
Harvest is gonna stay. If anything we need MORE harvest to make it usable SSF or else you can easily pass a whole league doing only haewark

Gear with elevated mods pretty much is only enabled with harvest in mind . The limit is set by pricing of sirus & maven orbs.

Maven orbs currently 8ex plus awakener orbs 4ex, now you need something like 2-3 layers of rngesus:
+ Hit needed influence mod (alt spam? conq exalt? rem/add inf mod?)
+ add 2nd influence mod
+ maven orb and pray rngesus you dont rip the needed influence mod (8ex rip chance + the cost of hitting needed inf mod)
+ do the above on another item (2+ times a 8ex maven orbs used)
+ awakener orb 4ex and pray rngesus to not get too many shitty mods
- got an unusable item? RIP and try again from step 1 otherwise:
+ optional: adjust with harvest remove crafts
+ extra layer of rng if you want to do it again for a third maven orb: double elevated prefix or suffix + pre/suf cannot be changed + hit nr 3 and nr 4 inf mods + third maven try, GOOD LUCK and keep praying rngesus that you dont get "dirty" mods
+ only after the above succeeds use harvest (if possible) to clean or improve some rolls

Those saying "harvest is easy" do not really understand what additional layer of crafting is out there now with maven orbs, you have easily blown 20-40ex in conq ex + alt spam + mavens (double & RIP tries) + awakener + eventual third maven before even having started doing a single "augment" craft and then it's not coming for free:

example: rem/add life costs 2-3ex and it competes with stuff like "life leech" or "defence + life", i can easily spend 10-20ex trying to hit a t1.
example2: augment speed is 6-8ex, rem/add speed is 4ex, you can blow 40ex really fast trying to hit this one.
(so far i think that tier weights have been adjusted mid league, IMO it is very hard to hit good tiers compared to the start of the league)
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 5, 2021, 7:36:35 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I have that tier of gear, it is nice gear but sorry the above is not the ultimate or final destination in crafting anymore

Try starting to gear up with all gear like the below for example (double elevated that i've taken from some pob) or try to check what it takes to make a triple elevated:

Rarity: RARE
Bramble Knuckle
Sinistral Gloves
Unique ID: 348dd5334f31ae653fb1c507e4d6e6364b61e32d732c9994c2c2d99cc5774c09
Warlord Item
Hunter Item
Item Level: 84
Quality: 20
Sockets: R-G-G-G
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 2
25% reduced Attack Damage with Main Hand
50% increased Attack Damage with Off Hand
10% increased Attack Speed
+67 to maximum Life
+39% to Lightning Resistance
34% increased Projectile Attack Damage
15% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks
Adds 2 to 5 Physical Damage for each Impale on Enemy

{crafted}25% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 5, 2021, 7:36:18 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@zzang

I wouldnt bet on that. They obviously didnt want them traded by not giving craft containers unlike beasts. Players circumvented GGG's intention with TFT Discord. GGG has already responded with ninja nerfing spawn rates. More to come. They'll either account bound touched items, keep very low volume, or just delete whole mechanic.Stay tunned something coming next league. There is literally thousands of complaints about this mechanic at reddit. It's all consuming bandwidth and game time. Something will be done.

Guys in standard like yourself better item edit while u can.

Im doing the best i can already.

Out of curiosuity what Staff build you are going for that is gonna do T19 100% Delirious? Im also having a Staff build doing this content.

I had something similar in mind, I said "i'll go with the least time consuming mod (the t1 added phys)"

I think i spent 20-40ex on many failed tries of all kinds (about 8 fracture rips + fossils, essences, harvest chaos) + no idea how many maps in haewark to spawn useless harvests and had 0 results.

Basically it takes me more to hit a 900dps worth weapon than to make lv100 and 36 challenges (done with a 750ish dps weapon), i pretty much left it there as a big fail for this league while i read threads like this that make me cry

Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 4, 2021, 9:59:45 PM
"

I was talking about triple elevated mods and you present that. Yeah, try again I guess.

"
hose saying "harvest is easy" do not really understand what additional layer of crafting is out there now with maven orbs, you have easily blown 20-40ex in conq ex + alt spam + mavens (double & RIP tries) + awakener + eventual third maven before even having started doing a single "augment" craft and then it's not coming for free

yeah, exactly this :)

"
Harvest is gonna stay. If anything we need MORE harvest to make it usable SSF or else you can easily pass a whole league doing only haewark

I - just personally - hope you are right. I loved harvest league, I like harvest in general, I have been an advocat for more deterministic crafting rather than the endless luck and slot-machine the game was before and I get the problems in terms of trading right now, but I rather see more of it than less.
Last edited by Vennto on Mar 4, 2021, 10:04:41 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I was talking about triple elevated mods and you present that. Yeah, try again I guess.

Yes, the boots, armour and gloves presented earlier are nothing when it comes to Mave Orb possibilities. Also i realized that people more than often heavily exaggerate to make a point in the forum.

For example he could have spent waiting 3 hours on discord for R/A chaos to just hit the one single t1 mod right on ONE single item if not longer depending on day/time or weekend and luck factor. Plus the cost for each service of course.

I think when SSF players say they have an issue with harvest the reality is they have an issue with SSF. Its a self restricted badge for people with too much free time and i hope GGG stays true to their principles that the game is balanced around trade and SSF is no object of balance at all. At best SSF tag is a badge saying "look here guys i got that much free time".

Last edited by zzang on Mar 5, 2021, 4:24:57 AM
"
I think when SSF players say they have an issue with harvest the reality is they have an issue with SSF. Its a self restricted badge for people with too much free time and i hope GGG stays true to their principles that the game is balanced around trade and SSF is no object of balance at all. At best SSF tag is a badge saying "look here guys i got that much free time".

For some I guess. For others it is just a completely different game because now Rare Drops could have use, uniques can give you a rush when the right one drops, etc. Same goes with HC. It´s not about damage and farm speed anymore, now it´s about not dying. I also don´t play SC Trade because I think it is the most balanced (Not stating it isn´t, I never thought about that) but it´s the mode I enjoy the most - Racing to maps, making more currency in a shorter time than last league etc. That´s the challenge and the fun for me.
Last edited by Vennto on Mar 5, 2021, 6:40:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info