Inner Force

"
Autocthon wrote:
There are two "debuffs" in the entire game that are affected by inner force.

Blood Rage
Righteous Fire

And that's because those "debuffs" are buffs with detrimental side effects. Seriously it's not that hard to conclude that buffs are "things that myself and allies apply to me".

It isn't, but it could be made far more intuitive by putting keywords like 'Buff' on skill gems that make them. Or change the way passives are worded so that kind of thing is more apparent.

I don't get how we can have stuff like "Attack Speed%" and still have "increased maximum reduced energy shield cooldown mutliplier %"
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
Milchut wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
There are two "debuffs" in the entire game that are affected by inner force.

Blood Rage
Righteous Fire

And that's because those "debuffs" are buffs with detrimental side effects. Seriously it's not that hard to conclude that buffs are "things that myself and allies apply to me".

It isn't, but it could be made far more intuitive by putting keywords like 'Buff' on skill gems that make them. Or change the way passives are worded so that kind of thing is more apparent.

I don't get how we can have stuff like "Attack Speed%" and still have "increased maximum reduced energy shield cooldown mutliplier %"
If you don't intuitively conclude "Hey buffs are things I do to increase my power" then you've literally NEVER played any game. Ever.

Considering the very precise wording GGG uses it doesn't take a big leap of logic to go from "Stuff taht affects me" to "everything stuff affects me does"
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
It's not a question of how easy it is to derive the meaning GGG attributes to a particular word like "buff", the point is that it could easily be much clearer, as evidenced by the questions in this and other threads, as well as your own clarifications to your own posts. More clarity, like more efficiency, is a good thing, costs almost nothing, and benefits the game and the community.
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Since inner force affect potions, can it also affect life regen you get from the aura and the totem? what about the natural regen (from the nodes)?

And what about life/mana leech or loh or Vaal Pact, does it count too? they are incoming buff are they not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info