Inner Force

"
Autocthon wrote:
The drawback is you could have spent those nodes on life :P

Alternatively the drawback is that you need buffs to benefit from it. And it doesn't benefit your party.IT will not help you in any way unless you cna leverage it. It's a build amplifier.

I mean...

Elemental Attunement guy. That's the benchmark for notable power.

Inner force claster increases effect of buffs and debuffs. Shock stacks "Ouch"
Catalyze isolated node 50% increased weapon elemental damage -10% maximum elemental resistances."
Elemental Attunement +5% maximum resistances you deal 50% less elemental damage.
"
bormoth wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
The drawback is you could have spent those nodes on life :P

Alternatively the drawback is that you need buffs to benefit from it. And it doesn't benefit your party.IT will not help you in any way unless you cna leverage it. It's a build amplifier.

I mean...

Elemental Attunement guy. That's the benchmark for notable power.

Catalyze isolated node 50% increased weapon elemental damage -10% maximum elemental resistances."
Elemental Attunement +5% maximum resistances you deal 50% less elemental damage.
And every one of those changes would effectively make those nodes non-nondes.

They'd never be viable options.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
bormoth wrote:
And every one of those changes would effectively make those nodes non-nondes.

They'd never be viable options.
Although I'm not endorsing his ideas, people would still take the Inner Force node and the rare oddball would still take Elemental Attunement. No one would ever take that Catalyze though, ever, the drawback is just too huge.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I am new to the game, can I double confirm that inner force will only enhance the effects to self, thus buff & debuff from gems, including magic finds, critical, etc?
if the buff appears on your "buff bar" then its affected. Charges don't show up there, gem buffs don't show up there
Charges do show up in the top left :P They're not Buffs though.
I just got inner force on my templar and am running both wrath and anger. My dps did not increase at all even after re-applying them. I don't know if this is a glitch or not.
The actual effect of this node, and what it actually applies to, obviously needs clarification. These are all reasonable questions. Hope a Dev can speak up.
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
"
Winterfury wrote:
The actual effect of this node, and what it actually applies to, obviously needs clarification. These are all reasonable questions. Hope a Dev can speak up.
Buffs are any effects applied by skills. Thats it.

It applies to literally anything your skills apply to you, except charges because the effects of charges are determined by specific character stats and not a buff.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Buffs are any effects applied by skills. Thats it.

Flasks can also apply buffs, for the record.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info