Scamming is an issue.

"
SPYDER680 wrote:
If you get scammed its your own fault.

You have to mouse over to confirm the item you are buying.. then click to complete trade.

If someone isn't ok with you checking the itemto be sure it is what you wanted.... for 10-20 sec it takes then you dodged a bullet and move on.

The problem is that some people are too fragile and when they think someone tries to scam them they act like a frightened turtle and have to start a thread hoping for an echo chamber.

Instead of backing out of trade, ignoring and reporting the scammer like the rest of us do, and move on.

this will be another one of my posts that mods removed, wait and see.
Last edited by Gulch on Mar 4, 2021, 1:42:42 PM
You can see even in this thread how scammers try to insult people who got scammed, almost feels like merchant trying to save his free source of income lol. As if someone is scammed like giving someone 100 exalts and not getting 200 of it, scammers use little more sophisticated methods than that haha. But scamming and knowing you are scum and trash human being IRL for just getting few exalts is like best punishment ever i guess..hahaha
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
Its legitimately easy not to get scammed in this game.

People try all the time. Ive not fallen for it

I guess its just an intelligence check for some people.

Kinda like a gear or dps check.

It's not that simple. Some people get scammed because they are tired from work or in a bad mood and are not careful enough and scammer use this methods, psychological ones. Almost feels like if they were thinking whole day for this, just to get this "precious" exalts for one league lmao And yes i got scammed last league for like 8 exalts for "bottle of faith, that was the only time i got scammed in this game. I was tired and in a bad mood and wasn't careful enough, was mine fault didn't make a fuss was actually smiling after because i don't care. But still, if you think that's normal and GGG should just leave that trash humans without consequences than i don't agree with you.
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
9 times out of 10, the scams could be mitigated if the user had a little more knowledge.

For example: Player A(buyer) asks Player B(Seller) for a Level 4 Empower. The price is 3.3 exalts. Player A places 3 exalts and 30 chaos in the trade window, but Player B isn't happy about that rate and asks for you to throw 10 more chaos in. This is a common ruse with corrupted gems in order to have you close out the trade window to get more currency, re-open it, and then the seller replaces with a Level 3 or Level 2, whatever. Anytime someone tries to re-neg on the price after I've already shown up at their hideout, I drop party and take off. If you want more for it, list it for more currency on the trade site. Don't waste my time. I can easily check poe.ninja or the trade site for the current exalt->chaos exchange rate, and I know what it is before I go into a trade like that.

There's so many instances in where in order to get scammed, you really first have to scam yourself. Whether it's by not doing your research before buying an item, or not having enough patience to examine each item up for trade, or count the currency. Every single time you buy or sell an item, you have to confirm that you've verified the contents on the trade window and know it to be accurate before you click that confirmation button. You have to mouse over the item, or the currency. If I'm making a trade for 50 exalt rare item, you better know full well I'm going to take my time and individually verify every single modifier on that item to ensure it's the one I'm intending to buy. Why rush it? You're just asking to scam yourself by rushing.

I'm not excusing the current trade system, or saying it is without faults. It clearly has it's faults, but the simple fact of the matter is that in order to get scammed, in MOST cases, you first have to scam yourself by rushing through the process of trading or not knowing enough about the items you're intending to purchase from others. This also isn't going into topics like selling harvest crafts on TFT, collateral scamming, etc. Collateral scamming is a real thing, ie: I give harvest seller my 10ex bow, but ask for collateral that far outvalues said bow, like a headhunter, then they take that valuable item and dip out with it. That is definitely happening, it's all over TFT. I'm not trying to excuse stuff like that at all, I'm mainly talking about trading items, not crafts. Bottom line, if you get scammed, at the very least use it as a learning experience after you've gotten pissed off, or record your gameplay so there's a record of events, proof. Other than that, the best thing you can do is be more patient with trading. It is GENUINELY that simple. Patience ensures you never get scammed.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Mar 4, 2021, 4:24:49 PM
[/quote]
The problem is that some people are too fragile and when they think someone tries to scam them they act like a frightened turtle and have to start a thread hoping for an echo chamber.

Instead of backing out of trade, ignoring and reporting the scammer like the rest of us do, and move on.

this will be another one of my posts that mods removed, wait and see.[/quote]

Fragile? People make a forum post because reporting does nothing. Dude is still playing and still has his item listed for sale. So, it was almost correct, but the xbox live "hur dur im better they are madcuzsad" argument doesnt work here. Thanks for adding to the echo chamber. <3
"
Gulch wrote:
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.

Why can't people take accountability for their own actions?
If you get scammed during a trade, it's 100% your fault for not looking at the item being offered. Period.

In before it is OP's fault and not the scammers...
Oh wait...
You can't name scammers because GGG is in no position to judge who is telling the truth and who is lying. There is obviously no prohibition about talking about scams, since these threads come up regularly.
"
cjimaras wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.

Why can't people take accountability for their own actions?
If you get scammed during a trade, it's 100% your fault for not looking at the item being offered. Period.

In before it is OP's fault and not the scammers...
Oh wait...

Why is it that people like you think that people who fall for stupid scammers are not at fault?
I'm genuinely curious as to why someone who makes a conscious decision to NOT look at the item being offered and still accepting it, is not at fault.

Nobody made the OP click accept.
Nobody made the OP not look at the item.
Hence It's nobody's fault except the OP that they got scammed.

Last edited by Gulch on Mar 8, 2021, 9:23:55 AM
^ This 100%.

Close the thread.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Scamming is a feature that GGG likes. They make trading as boring and as bad as possible while still the primary form of progression, which makes scamming really great to get all the people who are bored playing the core aspect of the game so they can get back to the fun side stuff.

In the end GGG refuses to solve the scamming issue because the like it and want people to scam people. It's all part of their great plans to hurt trade not by making trade less of a core feature of the game, but just by doing a bad job at making the core features of their game.
Last edited by j33bus on Mar 8, 2021, 1:49:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info