Scamming is an issue.

"
Sarciss wrote:
idk ive never been scammed. stop looking for the unreasonably super cheap prices only and youre good.
Also pay attention to what you trade. Looking at the item you get traded for 2seconds and check everything thats important is the best anti-scammer protection you can get.

This is not true. I have bought a lot of very, very cheap items this league. and they were not from someone that dont know what they are doing. The guy had a lot of items, probably got them through harvest and crafting
For any non-unique items , apply the Maven's mind game to your trades . Remember few mods from the item you want to buy and take your time to check if the item you are about to buy , has exactly those few mods on them .
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.

There's nothing to talk about. If your aim is to start babysitting players, then you're in for a 24/7 job.
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.

Why can't people take accountability for their own actions?
If you get scammed during a trade, it's 100% your fault for not looking at the item being offered. Period.
Because the forum would be filled to the brim with spammed accusations that are themselves scams. Bots would figure out weird incentives to try to cull the overall playerbase with thousands of blacklist attempts. GGG is completely incapable of sorting through chaos like that.

What GGG IS capable of doing, however, are some simple QoL changes to make scamming less likely. Such as giving 6L items a special visual indicator. Perhaps even subtle changes to currency color schemes to differentiate them more, idk. There are probably more.

Beyond that, it’s up to players to actually pay attention. If you’re too tired or too much on autopilot to pay attention, take a break.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Scamming is only an issue when buying/selling services, but then again - the game does not have a support system for such deals so it's always 'do it at your own risk'.

I can't sympathize much with people who get scammed during trades, because these scams are easily avoidable. You just have to be careful and recheck the items twice. If you fell for it due to your own sloppiness who else is there to blame?

Regarding naming and shaming. I've yet to see any gaming forum that would allow witch hunts. As some has mentioned you can fake stuff and innocent players might get hurt in the process.

"
IzikiaGaming wrote:

they do, they closed the trade window
"
Gulch wrote:
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:

Why can't people take accountability for their own actions?
If you get scammed during a trade, it's 100% your fault for not looking at the item being offered. Period.

Exactly, there is nothing more to say...
Dude you can even film someone saying they murdered someone. See Deep flake. "Proof" means nothing nowadays. But mainly it's about resources. GGG doesnt want to expend resources investigating every chat log and stuff and i don't blame them because the second you say so and so scammed they'll say he owed me from way back and stuff. Generally best idea is not get into the briar patch.

If you don't wanna be scammed don't be. Don't be stupid and take your time in trade window. Don't buy runs and other unsecured forms of service purchases.

Or just play SSF. It's a better game anyway.

If you wanna trade play the stock market...much more profitable and they go to jail if they scam u.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 22, 2021, 10:28:05 AM
Dealing with scammers in POE goes exactly the same way as you deal with one shots; Just dodge, lulz.

In all seriousness though, nobody is responsible for your currency but you, so you'd better make damn sure you're buying what you think you're buying when you trade over your hard earned exalts. If you don't, well then I guess those exalts really didn't mean that much to you and you shouldn't complain about it.

No, I don't like scammers, they are scum and should be dealt with. But dealing with them means sacrificing freedom and ease of use and please, for the love of Dominus, let's not make trade even more tedious.

If you don't want to risk getting burned, stay away from the flames.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Feb 23, 2021, 4:32:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info