Scamming is an issue.

Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2021, 7:11:36 AM
because anyone can accuse anyone of scamming. pic's and vid's can be made in less than 5 mins with today free software. you even dont need to know anything about editing video and/or photos.
There's really neat software that lets you see if videos have been spliced together. so much for the video argument.
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
There's really neat software that lets you see if videos have been spliced together. so much for the video argument.

But these are the rules GGG has in place so you have to follow them or it would be anerky on the forum's.

Report the scammers with correct proof (trade URL, chat logs from client.txt and screenshots) and they get banned as you can see here
-->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3055263
Everyone knows that Scammers in the game is a huge problem. The fix to this problem is simply GGG. Only they can fix it.

Until they do, keep your guard up and make sure you mouse over the item and look carefully at what you're trading for.

Alternatively, SSF.

Finally, obligatory...git gud.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
They don't allow name/shame because that would make them accomplices. They don't want to get involved in your disputes, because it would cost them a ton of money to have to provide oversight. They'd much rather you just work it out yourselves.

Posting names here wouldn't slow them down at all. Anyone who would take the time to look at the forum for names would take the time to check their trades. If you're paying up front for "services" you get exactly what you deserve... cheater.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 20, 2021, 3:54:00 PM

Op pls return me exaltud orbzzz or me tell on ya to me moma.

(this could be very well every thread, it is true that to make fake video is little harder but nothing that kid with 1 hour to watch some youtube tutorials could not handle)

Fun fact: Almost no one ever talking about getting scammed posted screenshot OR video. It is 99.99999% of time just text with "x is scammur"
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Feb 20, 2021, 6:30:49 PM
The main issue the NZ anti Cyber Bullying law, that don't allow name shamming mostly, so all threads with reports and warnings are immediately removed sadly.
idk ive never been scammed. stop looking for the unreasonably super cheap prices only and youre good.
Also pay attention to what you trade. Looking at the item you get traded for 2seconds and check everything thats important is the best anti-scammer protection you can get.
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
Why cant we talk about scammers in threads? Like, the people should know when someone is trying to scam others.

because YOU can't be trusted to not fuck things up (i mean you did already manage to fuck up a relatively safe trade), shit would end up being witch hunts on innocent people because you can't even figure out what a scam is sometimes.

So, it falls under naming and shaming on the forum.

You email this sort of thing to support and move on...maybe learn a lesson and be more attentive.

Shit will catch up to a scammer eventually, especially if people actually report it as they are supposed to and not stupid fucking whine posts.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3055263
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 21, 2021, 12:21:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info