Scamming is an issue.

Just came back from playing Eve Online, where scamming is kinda part of the game, funny how in Path of Exile, scamming is bad, or any game other than Eve Online for that matter, haha. :)

Just noticing the difference between games.
"
Just came back from playing Eve Online, where scamming is kinda part of the game

Ahh Eve Online. Where scamming and ganking run wild and free.

I miss that game, haven't played it in years.
Its legitimately easy not to get scammed in this game.

People try all the time. Ive not fallen for it

I guess its just an intelligence check for some people.

Kinda like a gear or dps check.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They don't allow name/shame because that would make them accomplices. They don't want to get involved in your disputes, because it would cost them a ton of money to have to provide oversight. They'd much rather you just work it out yourselves.

Posting names here wouldn't slow them down at all. Anyone who would take the time to look at the forum for names would take the time to check their trades. If you're paying up front for "services" you get exactly what you deserve... cheater.

Who said anything about paying up front for anything? dude was putting in a 4l instead of a 6l. stop trying to project yourself onto other people my guy. got that cheater on the tip of your mouth eh? big f in chat.
If you are looking for the actual dev policy as to why, it is here: https://www.pcinvasion.com/path-of-exile-betrayal-interview/3/ or google pcinvasion betrayal interview with Chris Wilson. It's too much workload to enforce anti-scamming so it is a blanket policy because otherwise they have to deal with false-accusations. It's like when your kids are fighting over a toy and you don't got time to deal with who started it, so you just take it away and tell them to shut up or something. I dunno. Whatever. That's why though.

In the broader practical sense, you can't talk about much at all in the forums without a bunch of randos hopping in with some cringy bootstraps rhetoric that probably is unrelated to what you were posting about. So.... Not sure if you wanted a rhetorical answer or not.
From GGG's end, the only solution to this is to take away trade. Every one of these scam threads is asking for that. Save me from myself. Take away my ability to put myself in harm's way because I can't even trust myself to not be scammed.

They're not willing to do that. You have to take the responsibility for yourself, or GGG would have to give up on a major portion of their game.
"
IzikiaGaming wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They don't allow name/shame because that would make them accomplices. They don't want to get involved in your disputes, because it would cost them a ton of money to have to provide oversight. They'd much rather you just work it out yourselves.

Posting names here wouldn't slow them down at all. Anyone who would take the time to look at the forum for names would take the time to check their trades. If you're paying up front for "services" you get exactly what you deserve... cheater.

Who said anything about paying up front for anything? dude was putting in a 4l instead of a 6l. stop trying to project yourself onto other people my guy. got that cheater on the tip of your mouth eh? big f in chat.
Ok? Dont click accept. Its quite simple. Ohh you weren't paying attention? Well then thats on you.

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 3, 2021, 9:28:41 AM
GGG only bans "scamming orianted accounts", which means if someone only here to scam others, he gets ban.

GGG does not bother with one-time scammers. Or they just ask for an "excuse" from scammer, to get unbanned.

And if you got scammed when you give someone else your item to craft, that's on you as well. Anyway i think that if you get scammed on anything less than 1 ex you should actually feel sorry for the gay, but if you was scammed for like mirror then you have enough currency to not care. (obv number could be different depending on amount of currency player has)
If you get scammed its your own fault.

You have to mouse over to confirm the item you are buying.. then click to complete trade.

If someone isn't ok with you checking the itemto be sure it is what you wanted.... for 10-20 sec it takes then you dodged a bullet and move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info