[3.??] juju's exBest CoC'k Ice Nova Build ||| CI / GB / Max Block ||| exGOD TIER BUILD...!!!

Has anyone tested CI/MB version of guide? So far seen only life and LL versions. Been playing HCssf this league so havent gotten into this :D

EDIT: i know its already super early to ask this for league. Hope to see some block ones in few weeks ^^

Last edited by juju666 on Aug 5, 2021, 3:04:53 AM
I just respecced my trapper over too this last weekend to get it off the ground and it was pretty slow going but just upgraded my rings and I think the -7 mana to non channeling skills is what actually made it feel like CoC again, I had tried vaal clarity for single target for a while and that was good if you could kill the boss before it ended but with -mana on the rings it makes it much smoother. I still have a lot of upgrading to do to get my damage up and I need some more levels but I'm starting to cruise through low red maps. Upgrades are hard due to needing to balance dex requirements and resists but I think my next points are going to go towards dex in the tree to open up some on my jewelry. Most of my next upgrades are going to get expensive so saving up for those atm.
This build might be a few months outdated at the time I'm commenting this (?), but it's going good so far, only thing I'm struggling with is understanding how you're getting so much mana regen. Clear is fine against bosses, I kept running out of mana (even with replica conquerors for -9 to skill costs), however, I finally managed to bypass this with divergent mana leech, but I feel like I'm losing potential dps by doing so. What are others' methods of high mana regen without sacrificing too much dps? Thanks.

Edit: I feel like a Divine mana flask with both: Chance to gain charge on crit. AND enduring (doesnt remove on full mana) would fix my mana prob but I dont think a flask like that exists.
Last edited by murkyblood on Aug 14, 2021, 10:54:57 PM
Good news. With 2 rare rings and a rare amulet all crafted with "non-channeling skills have -7 to total mana cost" :

A :
Main skill (Ice nova (lv23), inspiration support, cast on crit, increased crit, awakened added cold damage, cyclone) = 4 mana
Cospri's malice : 1 mana cost for ice nova, 2 for frostbolt and frost bomb has 0 mana cost.
Cyclone : 3 mana.

B :
For one skill point - "mana and reduced mana cost" next to glancing blows further drops the mana cost :
Main skill : 2 mana
Cospri's malice : frostbolt has 1 mana cost and both ice nova and frost bomb have 0 mana cost.
Cyclone : 3 mana cost

C :
For 2 skills points - "mana and reduced mana cost" and "righteous decree" :
Main skill : FREE
Copris's malice : FREE, FREE, FREE
Cyclone : 2 mana cost

All 3 are perfectly fine for mapping and mana isn't an issue. For immortal call to trigger, 50-60 unreserved mana is needed (now cost 44 mana trigger).

I think it could be sill possible to use an unique amulet or ring if you have a rare ring with "+2-3 mana gained for each enemy hit by your attack" AND "non-channeling skills have -7 to total mana cost" AND + "+3-5 mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks" on your glove (suffix, hunter).

EDIT : forgot to say i'm also using a militant faith jewel with " 1% reduced mana cost of skills per 10 devotion".
Last edited by ligong2 on Aug 15, 2021, 2:20:10 AM
Ooh that does sound cool but again, I feel like it's using up space where resistances or dps-contributing crafts could go...

Edit: another 2 sidenotes I was wondering about.

1) Has anyone else tried Tripolar Bear's Indigon CoC Ice nova build? Only thing that made me hesitate trying is it that it's centered more around Ranger/Pathfinder.

2) I'm still only lv 90 and sitting @ about 5k EHP (thats with discipline active), have 75% attack block and 64% spell block, and am utilizing Rumi's concoction + a basalt flask to get to around 5k armor, and have all resistances maxed out, but still feel rather squishy (ofc also using stuff like CwDT + Immortal + increased duration). Any other stat/item I should look into for defenses?

**Edit 2**: (didnt want to make a new comment) So with increased crit strikes support, max inspiration charges, etc, I reach about 92% crit strike chance for cyclone. However, the "60% increased crit strike chance" for Cospri's Malice surely adds a few %, right? I feel like my dps isn't that great rn, since I am having to supply my mana through mana leech support (moreso for bosses), so I want to swap out either increased crit strike chance or inspiration (since mana leech works great even without inspiration) for added cold dmg or something like concentrated effect.

tl;dr, what is the optimal crit strike chance? Should I actually be aiming for 100% chance on cyclone? (since again, cospri's malice adds some hidden %)
Last edited by murkyblood on Aug 15, 2021, 6:09:59 PM
Mana update: So bossing is defintely better now that I got a diamond ring with "+3 mana for each enemy hit" and "-8 non-channelling skill costs" craft, and keeping added cold damage + inspiration (instead of divergent mana leech), but still need to keep replica conqueror's in. I found with my current attacks/sec (which I think is low at around 6, but I use vaal grace to get it up to around 8.5-9 dps), I'm pretty much just breaking even at mana regen to mana usage ratio. Hoping to find a work-around where I can either use a ring that doesn't require the mana stuff (such as a 2nd circle of fear) or replacing conqueror's with a dps or crit boosting gem, but for now I seem stuck on that. Might need to get a megalomaniac or cluster jewel with mana regen nodes.
Gloves with "mana gained for each enemy hits by your attack" could really help.

Have you tried fitting your "divergent mana leach" into your Cospri's malice (frostbolt -> ice nova -> divergent mana leech)? It should works and greatly help with your mana without impacting much your dps.

WOW somehow putting it on my Cospri's malice just completely slipped my mind lol, will definitely try that!!!

Update: well putting d. mana leech on cospri's didn't prove to be as huge as I thought, however, as I mentioned before, being at around 6-6.2 aps was just breaking even for mana regen, and felt like I was wasting my 52% CDR by not having at least 8+ aps, so at least with mana leech I can use my triple-lined attack speed jewel to get up to around 7 (hitting above 9 with vaal grace), so I think it sorta improved my dps overall (though technically ice nova is doing less dmg because I replaced frost bomb)

**Update 2**: Ok well, after more testing, even with divergent mana leech + conqueror's + a ring with "+3 mana for each enemy hit" and "-8 to non-channelling skills" (main ice nova is at 7 mana per use), for bossing/small number of enemies, my mana can't keep up when I go above 9 aps (vaal grace).
My main question is: My aps is around 7, but I have 52% cdr (awak. CoC, 15% boots, 15% belt), if my aps is any lower than like 8.5 on avg, is it even worth having the belt+boots? Should I replace them with something more based on ES or dmg? Thanks.
Last edited by murkyblood on Aug 16, 2021, 2:49:46 PM
"
murkyblood wrote:
WOW somehow putting it on my Cospri's malice just completely slipped my mind lol, will definitely try that!!!

Update: well putting d. mana leech on cospri's didn't prove to be as huge as I thought, however, as I mentioned before, being at around 6-6.2 aps was just breaking even for mana regen, and felt like I was wasting my 52% CDR by not having at least 8+ aps, so at least with mana leech I can use my triple-lined attack speed jewel to get up to around 7 (hitting above 9 with vaal grace), so I think it sorta improved my dps overall (though technically ice nova is doing less dmg because I replaced frost bomb)

**Update 2**: Ok well, after more testing, even with divergent mana leech + conqueror's + a ring with "+3 mana for each enemy hit" and "-8 to non-channelling skills" (main ice nova is at 7 mana per use), for bossing/small number of enemies, my mana can't keep up when I go above 9 aps (vaal grace).
My main question is: My aps is around 7, but I have 52% cdr (awak. CoC, 15% boots, 15% belt), if my aps is any lower than like 8.5 on avg, is it even worth having the belt+boots? Should I replace them with something more based on ES or dmg? Thanks.

Does div mana leech work at all in cospri? I didn't think frostbolt and ice nova counted as attacks but I'm not sure of the interaction. I would think 52 cdr would be worth dropping from personally, I think that alone would help your mana issues because of less casts and then you could go for more damage on belt. I only have -7 non-channeling on both of my rings at 14CDR and I think if I had +2 per hit also I would be pretty well sustained. I need to get my awakened cast on crit so that I can start playing around with those slots.
Yep might try the same, I jumped the gun on awakened CoC and I actually just bought a clean shaper crystal belt + shoes for a few chaos, and rolled the 15% cdr myself (altho the other stats on them suck!), however im thinking if I manage to get a better vaal regalia/helmet/shield, I am actually thinking of keeping the 52% cdr and swap out inc. crit strike support for faster attacks support (that is if I can get the vaal regalia with +% crit to attacks, which is expensive)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info