D2 resurrected.

Based on patch 1.14D.
Same engine underneath
No new classes, items or zones
Updated visuals, sounds and cutscenes
Better resolutions for modern monitors
New QoL ingame and with help of modern BattleNet
Keeps collision , so you can still troll other players in mutiplayer sessions

Mainly an audiovisual facelift. Worth 40-50 bucks? Probably not. 20-25? maybe.

You are right, 40-50 bucks is too much, with 40bucks I can buy an MTX wing in PoE. How ridiculous for Blizzard to charge 40-50 bucks for a full game.
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
D2 resurrected.

Based on patch 1.14D.
Same engine underneath
No new classes, items or zones
Updated visuals, sounds and cutscenes
Better resolutions for modern monitors
New QoL ingame and with help of modern BattleNet
Keeps collision , so you can still troll other players in mutiplayer sessions

Mainly an audiovisual facelift. Worth 40-50 bucks? Probably not. 20-25? maybe.

You are right, 40-50 bucks is too much, with 40bucks I can buy an MTX wing in PoE. How ridiculous for Blizzard to charge 40-50 bucks for a full game.

It is mainly only interesting for people that have not played D2 back in 2000(Vanilla)/2001 (LoD) yet but old veterans will not get much value of this pure facelift re-release.

It is still the same game. Nothing more or less.

If you dont care about graphics just stick with your old copy and maybe use an hi-res mod to make it more appealing for modern monitors.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
D2 is a great game, I've played it for thousands of hours. Problem is, theres no new content. Yeah sure, Ill come back and play it here and there as ladders reset, but its going to get boring quickly with no new content, no balance changes, no rewards from top ladder positions other than epeen ranking. PoE has new content and balance stir-up constantly, that's what will continue to keep PoE on top.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Fact is, everyone who says D2R sucks and is not worth it will be first in line to buy it at release. Even them silly flopping walruses guaranteed. Why? It’s a remaster in spades of the greatest ARPG of all time, being done by award winning VV. Even PoE continues to use D2 as a blueprint to this very day. How nice it will be to have D2R to further study in how to master design mechanics, including 8 player multiplayer and of course the holy grail of all, PvP.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Fact is, everyone who says D2R sucks and is not worth it will be first in line to buy it at release. Even them silly flopping walruses guaranteed. Why? It’s a remaster in spades of the greatest ARPG of all time, being done by award winning VV. Even PoE continues to use D2 as a blueprint to this very day. How nice it will be to have D2R to further study in how to master design mechanics, including 8 player multiplayer and of course the holy grail of all, PvP.

It's the same god dam game dude lol literally they even said it all they did was put a filter on it.

You act like it's a mark of a new generation ROFL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 21, 2021, 3:58:50 PM
How can everyone be first in line?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
How can everyone be first in line?

An issue which is worth to be investigated in an Outer Limits episode.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
It's not a Resurrection...It's a cry for help.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
I mean some of the lightning in the remaster looks pretty darn good even compared to PoE.

As funny as it would be if the next PoE killer wasn't D4 but the 20 yr old game PoE is inspired by, the reality is that it really is just D2. I was blown away when I saw the announcement, and while I'll probably fire it up and try it out, I began remembering my end game which was fucking Pindleskin over and over and over and over and over and over again, and therefore it's just something fun to fire up for nostalgia sake, but it won't be anything that will even put a dimple in the PoE player base; I feel.

But yeah I mean when you get 1-shot in PoE and rage quit, D2 will be there to lift your spirits. After that temporary fix, you return to PoE until your next 1-shot (or crash to desktop). Rinse and repeat.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I will play that FOR SURE. I have played D2 LoD more than all other games combined, time to further increase that number once this releases.

"
pr13st wrote:
Also what about that Rogue trailer amirite? LMAOOO

The Rogue is SERIOUSLY hot!

"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

"
M1cash1 wrote:
why should i reward a company that is lazy and gives a f.. at the opinions from their playerbase?

yeah, a company that doesnt give a f about broken trade, broken balance, one-shots, tedious micromanagement, carpal tunnel loot pickup, broken item drop system, flasks... ooooh wait

RIGHT!? Blizzard has failed big time often enough lately, but to act like GGG is saint is hilariously self-deluded

"
MaxEXA wrote:
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
Yeah. Many PoE fans have no problem buying a $60 supporter pack for a half-baked league.

But a $60 remaster is crossing the line.

God forbid a remake costs as much as a body armor and a portal.

I am willing to drop a 100 USD on the remake easily. I hope they do a physical collectors edition.

Damn, a physical collector's edition or something like that would be seriously AWESOME. Would get that too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info