[Ritual 3.13] TotemPuller's Ice Trap Saboteur - Ultimate Boss Killer - The Feared 6-man solo carry

"
n4zroth wrote:
I'm running self curse HH and need a dedicateed boss killer. As I have a 96 Shadow sitting around, I'm thinking of trying this build. What minimum average ice trap hit damage should I aim for to kill bosses relatively without problems?
Thanks!

town tooltip (not hideout) around 30-40k should be plenty
"
TotemPuller wrote:

"
Asag wrote:
Does Culling Strike on gloves work with traps?

culling strike is global but if I'm not mistaken, I don't think it applies to traps (same for totems, minions)

So I did some research and people claim Culling on gloves work with mines and traps.
Do you think it would be better choice than frenzy? Or you still prefer charges? Im in the process of making gloves but now not sure what direction I should approach.
"
TotemPuller wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:
I'm running self curse HH and need a dedicateed boss killer. As I have a 96 Shadow sitting around, I'm thinking of trying this build. What minimum average ice trap hit damage should I aim for to kill bosses relatively without problems?
Thanks!

town tooltip (not hideout) around 30-40k should be plenty

How much is that in PoB? :D
"
Asag wrote:
"
TotemPuller wrote:

"
Asag wrote:
Does Culling Strike on gloves work with traps?

culling strike is global but if I'm not mistaken, I don't think it applies to traps (same for totems, minions)

So I did some research and people claim Culling on gloves work with mines and traps.
Do you think it would be better choice than frenzy? Or you still prefer charges? Im in the process of making gloves but now not sure what direction I should approach.

still prefer +1 frenzy charge because doing 4% more damage over time will do significantly more damage than culling enemies at the last 10% remaining health.
For the watchers eyes , which is better crit chance/clarity damage mana before life or crit chance with another hatred?
"
Heavenlyspark wrote:
For the watchers eyes , which is better crit chance/clarity damage mana before life or crit chance with another hatred?

oh crit chance + MoM will be the best

increasing your damage through cobalt jewels is much more efficient and cost effective and no jewel can give you MoM, only watcher's eye can
Last edited by TotemPuller on Mar 7, 2021, 8:08:09 PM
few questions about survivability:
1.Life is kind of low , assuming its mandatory to get life% of everything or flat life?

2. immortal call set up is better or worse then say 21 steelskin on left click with duration/wind ?

3. +1 frenzy , is that necessary on gloves?
Working on my helmet, started from +46 to fire and +45 to cold res. Added 2x life and crafted %Es to block prefixes.

Had 50/50% chance and ofc my RNG fuked me again :(

Now have to convert cold res to lightning res and do remove/add cold. Maybe this time will work :(
Last edited by Asag on Mar 8, 2021, 2:30:51 PM
"
Asag wrote:
Working on my helmet, started from +46 to fire and +45 to cold res. Added 2x life and crafted %Es to block prefixes.

Had 50/50% chance and ofc my RNG fuked me again :(

Now have to convert cold res to lightning res and do remove/add cold. Maybe this time will work :(

Honestly, it's better to just aug cold 3 times to the suffix. this will guarantee that you have these cold tag mods in the suffix:

cold resist
chance to freeze
cold pen

from here, you can change cold res to something else then remove cold and hope you remove chance to freeze (50% chance) or use a maven's orb and try to elevate cold pen to -12% (also 50% chance)

also, it's not a 50% chance to aug cold pen vs. chance to freeze. they have different weights:

chance to freeze 1000
cold pen 250

this means when you aug cold with an existing cold resist, you have 20% or 1 in 5 chance to aug cold pen (250/1250)
Last edited by TotemPuller on Mar 8, 2021, 4:14:24 PM
"
Heavenlyspark wrote:
few questions about survivability:
1.Life is kind of low , assuming its mandatory to get life% of everything or flat life?

2. immortal call set up is better or worse then say 21 steelskin on left click with duration/wind ?

3. +1 frenzy , is that necessary on gloves?

1. life isn't really low considering that with my current set up (PoB updated as of March 8th) I have 20% damage reduction when I have divergent berserk up and also 9% MoM. It can tank a lot of big hits even at 5.2k life. I don't have any issue clearing maps or carrying bosses without dying so life is perfectly fine. But dropping offense and getting more life is always an option.

2. I still think immortal call set up is better. Its purpose is to mitigate a spiky hit not absorb damage up to 2.4k

3. not necessary at all but it's cheap to get a pair with +1 frenzy and just craft from there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info