[Ritual 3.13] TotemPuller's Ice Trap Saboteur - Ultimate Boss Killer - The Feared 6-man solo carry

This look very interesting. Just a few questions.
1) How is this as a league starter? Meaning, what is the minimum budget to get it rolling?
2) Min budget to farm guardians (talking about white maps, no rare/corrupted)
3) Capable of doing 2/4/6-men hp feared rotas? On what budget? (cortex, uber atziri ecc all 2/4/6-men hp)
4) What are the pros/cons of this trapper vs idk a miner?
5) If viable at league start, probably lots of alt qual gems won't be immediately available at day 2/3. Is that a big loss in terms of dps/survivability?
"
ThomasHawl wrote:
This look very interesting. Just a few questions.
1) How is this as a league starter? Meaning, what is the minimum budget to get it rolling?
2) Min budget to farm guardians (talking about white maps, no rare/corrupted)
3) Capable of doing 2/4/6-men hp feared rotas? On what budget? (cortex, uber atziri ecc all 2/4/6-men hp)
4) What are the pros/cons of this trapper vs idk a miner?
5) If viable at league start, probably lots of alt qual gems won't be immediately available at day 2/3. Is that a big loss in terms of dps/survivability?

1. Although I didn't start this league with this build, it's a perfect league starter. It can still clear all endgame contents without divergent berserk (if they nerf it in the future).

2. Probably easily doable even on SSF so 0 budget. In trade league, very minimal, just shop for level 21 and high % gems early on for more damage.

3. This will need some more investment into the overall build.

4. Ice traper >>>> all. Freeze and chill combo beats any other type of trap/damage hands down.

5. You don't need any anomalous/divergent skill gems to farm guardians with this build.
Sounds good. Since, as far as i'm understanding, we run ice trap for the chill and freeze on top of the dps, what about icicle mines, using the same setup i mean, maybe changing ascendancy points.
I mean, i'm trying to understand why we choose trap instead of mines (or viceversa, since i've never played either).
"
ThomasHawl wrote:
Sounds good. Since, as far as i'm understanding, we run ice trap for the chill and freeze on top of the dps, what about icicle mines, using the same setup i mean, maybe changing ascendancy points.
I mean, i'm trying to understand why we choose trap instead of mines (or viceversa, since i've never played either).

trap 1-button, mine 2-button playstyle

also, I think ice trap is better for single target boss killing than icicle mines that deal AoE projectile damage.
Just to be curious, whats ur town dps?
"
klaata wrote:
Just to be curious, whats ur town dps?

Just wondering, how come you use the gems for ice trap?
when I check PoB it seems that other gems are way stronger for ice trap than the awakened added cold damage? I'm currently trying the build with a budget so what do you recommend using instead of the awakened gems?
"
2Dino wrote:
Just wondering, how come you use the gems for ice trap?
when I check PoB it seems that other gems are way stronger for ice trap than the awakened added cold damage? I'm currently trying the build with a budget so what do you recommend using instead of the awakened gems?

Because this build is all about stacking cold damage and cold pen. PoB damage is irrelevant as you can see in the video. I have even more damage now than the build I used in the video with the new PoB.

Just use non-awakened gem. You will be fine.
"
Because this build is all about stacking cold damage and cold pen. PoB damage is irrelevant as you can see in the video. I have even more damage now than the build I used in the video with the new PoB.

Just use non-awakened gem. You will be fine.

I´ll take the updated pob plz :)
What gem setup would you suggest for a 5-link in case of league start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info