Season One and Race feedback

"
Cutthroat is fine if thats what they want to finally add, although pvp balance is pretty bad. I'd play it anyway

The PVP balance gets bad if you combine certain skills.

Viperstrike alone is not that evil but use vulnerability,tempest shield and increased duration and you got a really hard to kill build.

Same with Hatred Added Fire damage and EK/Beartrap.

This isn't something you find all together in a 3h solo race unless some players team up, so dropping gems should be prevented.

If I had a bad 45min time in 1h races I joke sometimes in local to join PVP Arena and other players out of reach join it too and I must say that it's pretty balanced with selffound gear.

"
Totems probably would matter once again once you get to the usual difficulty cliffs in progression.

Only if all totems are Diamond Totems.

"
I played in CB too and in that event. It was fun, it didn't feel nearly quite as bad as the latest 1 week where top 500 or w/e was out of reach after missing the first weekend. Citing CB player stats is mostly useless in OB.

I attempted the last 1 week before OB and gave up after some days because I had really invest 5/7 days in playtime to get into Top20 which was out of question.

The CB statistics may count imo because there were several high lvls 1 week normal players that failed miserable in the 1 week TB race.

"
1 week standard mod grindleague where time invested translates almost directly into rank.

The entire problem is grinding. The drops are just too terrible.
In the CB 1 week races I found no maps during merciless only once in playthrough and then after 1h farming AP.
In OB it will look like that: Kill Piety after 2,5-3 days Grind 2 days merciless docks/Lunaris, enter maps at day 6 with normal time investment nothing I want to do.

I don't know any player in CB who couldn't enter maps but in OB it's really common that you don't find maps for a long time.
Even with far better prices and an interesting mode I wouldn't participate in a 1 week race because it really likely that my endgame is grinding level 62-64 areas.

The droprates and defensive high HP mobs with less exp heavily backfired after OB launch.

"
Hilbert wrote:

I don't know any player in CB who couldn't enter maps but in OB it's really common that you don't find maps for a long time.
Even with far better prices and an interesting mode I wouldn't participate in a 1 week race because it really likely that my endgame is grinding level 62-64 areas.

The droprates and defensive high HP mobs with less exp heavily backfired after OB launch.

This is completely true for me, couldn't be bothered to try and progress through the acts with a shit connection, gimped builds with the extent of some of the damage starting from merciless, only to farm ledge/fellshrine/docks or whatever. Throw a 1 week turbo at me currently and I'll probably pass considering the likelihood of grinding and stupid damage killing me easily.

In CB I could put up with my shit connection, but the experience is vastly different now.
I think that if we had these 3 ladders their would be more competition involved.

Solo Race Ladder

Party Race Ladder

Combined Race Ladder

The reason is, currently there is pretty much 1 team that wins all the party races. The only way to beat them is to form your own team. I just think that the party races really take away from the people that solo races only. You pretty much have no chance at being on top of the ladder unless you have a party. If you don't have a party you're screwed unless you are powster and win every single solo race as a witch. If we had these 3 ladder systems. I would be able to just pick one and then try to win in that ladder. More options is better i think. Just my thoughts. Sorry for all of the bad english. I haven't been in school for almost 7 years now.

Each ladder has different rewards as well. Combined race ladder should obviously have better rewards than solo and party.
Last edited by imSnoddy on Apr 6, 2013, 7:20:13 PM
Also the map system is fine drop rates are where they should be. You are just getting the short end of the stick. Wait until you have 10+ 60 maps. Roll them properly, and watch your map pool grow.
Moar Cut Throat...
Enjoyed the race season

died a fair bit

got 33 points ( had several days where I could not play due to work/travel etc) felt the jump from 30-60 a bit much for average players, but I played right to the last race (died lvl 20 in vaal ruins)

Felt some races the points should have been more spread or lower threshold.
ie 1 point for lvl 11 3 points for 20 why not 2 points for 16
Lethal lvl 5/6 maybe 1 point (that was seriously fun and difficult)

got up at 5 30 am sometimes to play the 6am races, but wont get up at 4 30 to play 5am

more times would be good ie staggered starts over a few days

I like the lengths of all, would like to see some more longer ones

As for those complaining about just farming docks for the 3hr, just be thankful you can play as well as you do, I have never been able to get out of act 2 in a 3 hr race yet, and suspect the majority of players have the same stats.

Love the special effects, wasn't able to do the BM races but look forward to trying some more interesting formats.

I propose the ultimate race format for season 2:

Blood Magic Lethal Ancestral MultiProjectile Turbo Cut-throat No Regen Timebomb Party. 1, 3 Hours

The race format will encompass the standard BLAMT mods with a new twist: every zone is done on a timer (individual to the player). Re-entering a zone will continue the timer and for the purpose of accidental rezones, the duration of the instances existing will be calibrated to the timer's duration.

To further spice things up, regeneration is disabled and the only regen you can get come from flasks or leech. Entering new zones for the first time fully recharges all flasks.

Cut-throat further shakes things up with a twist: Killing players gives you full flask charges back, (maybe) heals you and (maybe) extends your timebomb countdown. This will create a cycle of frantic fast paced progression hunter-chaser gameplay in a party setting where you can either try to race ahead or chase down the leaders and kill them, gaining the advantage both time wise and progression wise.. or will your chasing them be a trap?

Rewards will be based on the following criterion:
- Kill Count (Killing higher ranked players yields greater +count, killing top 20 grants even more, etc.)
- Progression (EXP/Content)

Optional: Degeneration

So the question is: How far can you get before you die to either Rhoa or Exile?

Gameplay Diagram for Illustration:
Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 6, 2013, 11:17:45 PM
As a lot of races seem to be tailored towards ranged, for next season it would be good to have some that would be better suited for melee. I notice that with slow and no projectiles, this would pretty much achieve that, but this is another alternative:

Make a flicker strike/leap attack/charge race. Initial on hit damage would probably need to be nerfed so that you don't take too much damage from encountering a large bunch of mobs, but I think it could be a really fun race mode.
Last edited by edmands_3 on Apr 7, 2013, 12:21:59 AM
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
My feedback:

Races are not wortyh doing at the moment because there is no way I can play that many races to get just an item that I don't want and will not use. Part of this is no ingame difference to the looks of the item, similar to how fairgraves cap looks AWESOME in the image, but looks like a stupid shower cap.

Secondly, races are fairly bland. There is no feeling of progression, its 'get to here fast, farm, get to here fast, farm', I don't feel any incentive to do this as I already do this on whatever char i'm playing in the normal ladder, and I get more progression out of this.

Thirdly, I know I will never be anywhere near the higher end of the spectrum. I know I will barely get any quest rewards. I know that I will not be the first to do anything. This means I feel no gain by competing, indeed getting to the minimum rewards itself isn't worth it.

^ THIS
"
Also the map system is fine drop rates are where they should be. You are just getting the short end of the stick. Wait until you have 10+ 60 maps. Roll them properly, and watch your map pool grow.

OFF Topic:
Spoiler
Map drops inside maps are fine.

Map drops outside of maps are terrible and rare as GCP drops! I won't play high level content anymore till this broken MMO system is fixed or I can create leagues with usercode(some checkboxes with Turbo/Lethal etc won't do!). Everybody who still actively plays on my FL likes MMO. The majority hates it and left already. Even after OB got announced my FL was more active than now.

Have you ever checked the poestats for playtime? My CB level 84 Templar had almost 6 days playtime while /played showed something with 7days the EQ was quiet good.

My level 79 Templar in OB has almost 6 days playtime and 7 days online time and besides the boots the entire EQ is junk.

In CB I played without rushing, I always was 2 levels within the area level had some currency and about the same added via Vendor receipes.

Now higher density less drops, 4 levels under area level, less currency vendor receipes yield chance orbs, so rerolling maps is too expensive.
And even if you got some luck I got far less currency than during the worst luck race I had which was the 1 week restest race.

Did one dev check the Xmas 1 week race times and said this should be normal time investment?
The last 2 1 week races were total no lifing. If the devs think that's how normal timeinvestment should be they could also create a Thread like "Reverse the shit out of our game and write a bot"

"
Blood Magic Lethal Ancestral MultiProjectile Turbo Cut-throat No Regen Timebomb Party. 1, 3 Hours

Um when does regen matter in 1-3h races?
And Lethal is a stupid idea like the worst D2 mods who gave no credit at all and copied Diablo into Act1 without changing the tables.
Lethal CT will only end up some players getting cold damage to slow other players down so they get killed by mobs in terraces.

Even normal CT Test races ended up 90% of the players beating themselves up in ledge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info