Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
tlang wrote:
Planning to league start with this build. Does anyone know how affected we are? I am thinking maybe the endgame is still fine, but leveling with spellslinger might be hard. We are not really scaling crit are we?

I don't know about leveling, but playing this looks really hard tbh endgame. We were pretty starved hp-defence wise, but at least we had big dmg to go full glass cannon. Now (nerf to most damage support gems) we lose I assume (pre-patch notes) lot of dps, and no added defence layers (at least going full lightning route).
I played SB every league, but Assassin doesn't seem the optimal choice now (talking about SOLO not group).
Can't we just use EB for leveling as a spellslinger?
Spellslinger trigger cost mana confirmed. Goodluck Fyregrass I'm sure you'll find a way to get to early mapping quickly anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/onw6bp/ggg_what_about_spellslinger/
Some 3.15 Changes that might affect the build

Spoiler
Swiftbrand:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 110%).
Supported Skills now have 30-44% more Activation frequency (previously 45-64%).
Supported Skills now have 65% less Detached Duration (previously 40%).

Clusters
Spoiler
The Brand Loyalty Notable no longer grants 20% increased Brand Attachment Range. It now grants “Enemies take 3% increased Damage for each of your Brands Attached to them” (previously 4%).

The Holy Conquest Notable no longer grants 10% increased Cast Speed with Brand Skills, or 5% increased Movement Speed.

The Grand Design Notable no longer grants 10% increased Cast Speed with Brand Skills. It now grants 20% increased Brand Damage.

Last edited by deuxcreed on Jul 20, 2021, 10:32:14 PM
"
deuxcreed wrote:
3.15 Changes that might affect the build

Spoiler
Swiftbrand:

Clusters
Spoiler
The Brand Loyalty Notable no longer grants 20% increased Brand Attachment Range. It now grants “Enemies take 3% increased Damage for each of your Brands Attached to them” (previously 4%).

The Holy Conquest Notable no longer grants 10% increased Cast Speed with Brand Skills, or 5% increased Movement Speed.

The Grand Design Notable no longer grants 10% increased Cast Speed with Brand Skills. It now grants 20% increased Brand Damage.

OOF. Looks kinda harsh... I wanted to play this build this league. First GGG took away the spellslinger leveling, now they are taking away the damage.......sad
"
deuxcreed wrote:
Some 3.15 Changes that might affect the build

Spoiler
Swiftbrand:

Clusters
Spoiler

honestly i was happy when only swiftbrand got nerf..then i realized we got clusters gem too,but not so bad for Boss kill IMO,only clear speed..
but lvling part is gonna be a problem..i will start with trap,if i'm lazy to go through act again,i just re-spec it to assassin from saboteur..
am I wrong?hurmm
I never played the build and got bored with the grind 3 weeks in the league.

But I had that poe carving two weeks ago, and finally got to play it.

And it was pure sugar from start to (bosses) finish.

I'm glad I could at least taste this storm brand build, it is truly incredible!

Fyregrass, your dedication to the guide and the community didn't deserve such butchering job by GGG.

Stay strong, you are the best.
Last edited by roselan on Jul 21, 2021, 7:55:22 AM
Just curious, which change of the patch made it, so its better not to follow it?
Is it only Spellslinger part or something else?
Had a blast playing this build last league finished 36 challenges, which for me is a grand achievement.
Hope it wont die, and there will be alternative leveling way
All builds got really hit. This particular build was squishy but at least it had huge dps, enough to go full glass cannon and clear all content (not deathless tho but who cares in SC).
Now it has lost so much dps, and gained nothing defence-wise, so if you still want to go Storm Brand, assassin is not the go to class as a solo player.
Just my 2 cents.
I think bigger than the clusters or the support nerf that hurts here is the flasks. Cinderswallow, Bottled Faith and Diamond flasks were all nerfed into the ground. Those were pretty critical (heh) to getting this to feel smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info