Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

So I'm at the point where upgrades are multiple exalts each, what's the best order to proceed? The power charge helm first? What about the rings with added lighting damage per power charge? (not sure what those rings cost actually)

Clear is fine, I'd like to kill conquerors etc. much faster for sure though. The Asenath gloves are about 4ex right now, but those don't look like they'll help me kill bosses any faster. I'm at 9 power charges.

I played carrion golem necro for the past couple leagues and killed bosses quite a bit faster than this and was a lot tankier (I know, there are good reasons it's been nerfed repeatedly), so I'm looking forward to improving it!
I seem to be struggling to level past lvl 94...

I keep dying to random things or by bosses which might be because im bad at mechanics but... is there anyway to make my build tankier? I don't mind losing some dmg for tankiness, because i wanted to push for a higher level or even 100 with this build, but the amount of times i am dying is really fustrating. Any suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/bEyQcFtp
I wanted to try this build for a long time and finally did. I'm using inspired learning variation for now, any advices? Looks like HH is my next huge upgrade for now.

POB: https://pastebin.com/gjZtxayQ

Last edited by Tahk90 on May 30, 2021, 9:33:33 AM
If anyone is quitting the league and has some spare gear for this build hit me up, I blow bad at this league and could use all the help I can get :(
Loving the build fyregrass! Just killed Sirius for the first time ever using this build. Slowly trying to build it out. This is the first time I've actually been crafting things. Next is shaper and elder
Hey, I've tried to craft the DMG rings but when I slammed them together I got 3 suffixes and couldn't craft keep prefixes and scour it. Is that rng when slamming or did one of the rings have too many mods?

I got lucky it has atleast 1 decent resistance but I'm not sure what to do now. Atleast I can craft fire damage on it and not have to use an abyss jewel
Last edited by Kubelecer on May 27, 2021, 11:51:04 AM
"
Kubelecer wrote:
Hey, I've tried to craft the DMG rings but when I slammed them together I got 3 suffixes and couldn't craft keep prefixes and scour it. Is that rng when slamming or did one of the rings have too many mods?

I got lucky it has atleast 1 decent resistance but I'm not sure what to do now. Atleast I can craft fire damage on it and not have to use an abyss jewel

I think the chance for that is pretty low, the base items shouldn't impact the result further than the base and the two prefixes.

I would personally just craft life and use it, it might have lower resistances, but it should still be a really good ring because you have that good resistance already and will have crafted life.
I'm still struggling with Ultimatum's. I'm also looking for upgrade suggestions

https://pastebin.com/Ln5a8kfW
"
LordzAriff wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
I am happy with my BFBB Raider and will play until the end of the league with it but I'll play this build next league. Just curious about the builds defenses. Is it tanky? And how well does it do with 5ex or less invested in the build?

until you reach MoM transition,it is not tanky..even in MoM,this build is glass cannon,but if you good at running around avoiding stuff,which i'm not,maybe u die less..from my 1st time trying this build this league..

This build is never tanky. It just kills everything before you get killed. It can MAYBE take a few hits, even at the highest levels. However it leeches energy shield and life back pretty fast and obliterates trash 2 screens away as you zip through the map. Ultimatums are trivial with an inspired learning or headhunter. Everything just melts.

Bosses are the issue. You'll need to know the mechanics and play keep away as the brands eat them. This build is NOT a bosser, but it can boss with some care.
"
manipulos wrote:
So I'm at the point where upgrades are multiple exalts each, what's the best order to proceed? The power charge helm first? What about the rings with added lighting damage per power charge? (not sure what those rings cost actually)

Clear is fine, I'd like to kill conquerors etc. much faster for sure though. The Asenath gloves are about 4ex right now, but those don't look like they'll help me kill bosses any faster. I'm at 9 power charges.

I played carrion golem necro for the past couple leagues and killed bosses quite a bit faster than this and was a lot tankier (I know, there are good reasons it's been nerfed repeatedly), so I'm looking forward to improving it!

Imho the gloves are kind over overkill. I'm at 5-6 mil dps per brand currently WITHOUT any val skills on and nothing lives long enough for me to bother with except the conq bosses, various maven fights, and sirus/other high end bosses.

I guess my point is the gloves theoretically help clear but my clear is is high right now I'm just skipping them for the time being.

If I were you and you are at 9 power charges with at least 2 mil brand damage without val skills I'd fit in an inspired learning in.

After that craft you helm for 10 power charges. You might want to check trade though because when i crafted mine it was just as cheap to buy one. It might be cheaper to outright purchase one now.

After that concentrate on getting to 95/96. Those last few levels add add a ton of dps because you lost some slotting in the inspired learning.

Make sure you have a cinder and a atziri's flask well rolled. You'll want to remove the fire jewel from your cinder and add a well rolled life/double crit at this point as it'll provide more dps than the fire/cinder. Continue using the cinder for regen.

At this point you'll craft one of your rings. Keep in mind you'll have to probably recraft or buy boots and gloves to make ring one and then ring 2 fit if you had resistances and dex on the rings.

Thats generally the upgrade path.

You can slot in bottled faith whenever but its the same price as making on of your rings. Rings add more dps.

After the rings you can upgrade your gloves to either the uniques for clearing (again not really needed) or a ele curse with good stats rare. The issue is you'll have to then allocate whispers of doom from somewhere which is going to pull down dps. So the extra curse might not be a huge dps gain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info