Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
H3llssc0pe wrote:
I'm literally just dying on repeat :(. The damage also feels very not good. Spent 10ex :/

Well, to be fair your gear has pretty low life rolls. Your leather belt isn't even blessed to 40 implicit, and the craft it has on it does nothing for the build since we're not using attacks.
You should also be using a Dominus militant faith if you want damage, or a Doryani glorious vanity if you want more survivability.
Finally you should also do uber lab.
Pleased to see such a good guide for Storm Brand, it truly is all content viable with insane minmaxing possibilities.

Only problem within this guide is in the 100% delirius section:

"
4. We swap Storm Brand + Concentrated Effect Support gems to Penance Brand + Phys to Lightning Support

Swapping to Penance Brand is not that simple. Penance Brand is incredibly complex skill, having multiple factors to optimize it. Currently, changing Penance Brand to your "Premium POB" and "God Tier POB" setups has some issues.
Using the Penance Brand cast speed breakpoint spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqXMR5hh4dL1z6ZKJkrVTxzy-WzZMPAxM_6y7TTMblA/edit#gid=0),
Penance Brand reaches "pulse damage" (over 20 explosion stacks) which is bad, losing a TON of damage (50% less, give or take).
Optimally, you would want to reach explosion stack of 20, but 17-20 is fine.

There are multiple ways to fix the breakpoint. One solution being speccing out of Brand Equity, which would drop brand duration quite a bit, reaching explosion stack of 17 in the "Premium POB" setup.

Anyway, great work with the guide. Hopefully more people will enjoy Storm Brand with this!

Also, how do you feel about "Corrosive Elements" notable on Large Cluster? (Lightning skills have 25% chance to apply lightning exposure on hit)
Last edited by Jzuo on Feb 26, 2021, 1:24:35 PM
After 2 builds that i didnt like i started trying this one and im really liking, but now im in a point that i want to know what more i can change, reading the last few pages some was saying to change the chest for a exploding one. What should i look for, curse +1 or spell crit?

I know i need the ring with +1 power charge and maybe boots, i'm intended to get another cluster jewel, im just waiting to get a few more levels, i need some pointers in what i should do next.

https://pastebin.com/pmcyY4Fc
"
BrunoFlegma wrote:
After 2 builds that i didnt like i started trying this one and im really liking, but now im in a point that i want to know what more i can change, reading the last few pages some was saying to change the chest for a exploding one. What should i look for, curse +1 or spell crit?

I know i need the ring with +1 power charge and maybe boots, i'm intended to get another cluster jewel, im just waiting to get a few more levels, i need some pointers in what i should do next.

Spell crit on the explode chest. The boots you can keep, but you can save like 7 skill points if you change the starting nodes and get rid of the entire doom cast wheel and you can drop the 2 big Dex nodes once you swap out of inpulsa for an extra 3 points.
If you get a higher level enlighten you might be able to run clarity and drop the mana flask, and I don't think there's any reason for you to be running malevolence since it does pretty much nothing for the build.

"
Jzuo wrote:

Also, how do you feel about "Corrosive Elements" notable on Large Cluster? (Lightning skills have 25% chance to apply lightning exposure on hit)

Don't think Corrosive elements is worth it at all. You are either giving up 8% pen and leech from storm drinker or 20% increased wrath effect for a -10% resistance debuff. Wave of conviction applies a much stronger exposure (-25% versus -10%) with the only downside being that you have to manually cast it.
Last edited by astrartea on Feb 26, 2021, 2:52:08 PM
"
astrartea wrote:
"
BrunoFlegma wrote:

Spell crit on the explode chest. The boots you can keep, but you can save like 7 skill points if you change the starting nodes and get rid of the entire doom cast wheel and you can drop the 2 big Dex nodes once you swap out of inpulsa for an extra 3 points.
If you get a higher level enlighten you might be able to run clarity and drop the mana flask, and I don't think there's any reason for you to be running malevolence since it does pretty much nothing for the build.

Oh, about the malevolence, im not using, im just leveling for now that's why its there, but im gonna try put clarity, mana has been a big issue for me, thanks for the help.
Running awakened hextouch curse setup on my build,however I rarely even use wave of conviction or feel the need to, can do sirus a9 and maven easily without that setup.
I'm doing mostly 100% delirium maps and it's completely wasted of a setup.
What alternative is there?

Also penance brand + phys to lightning feels odd to use, no better setup for easier deli farming?
Hi!

İ have a question. İ want to use this build just for bossing. Will i still need explody chest?
"
XenJerec wrote:
"
fribid wrote:
"
H3llssc0pe wrote:
I'm literally just dying on repeat :(. The damage also feels very not good. Spent 10ex :/

10ex isn't nearly enough imo. This is NOT a budget build. It's easily a 250ex+ build.

You'll end up spending 10ex on clusters alone so I would say you need 20ex to really get the build going. 6 link inpulsa's is like 3-4ex + clusters are the main thing. If you want to live, you need something like cinderswallow (another 2-4ex).

Hydrosphere instead of wave of conviction is also a really nice quality (cast time is much faster) of life boost at the cost of some less resist reduction.

A cheap damage boost is to run herald of thunder with wrath and just keep vitality/clartiy at lvl 1 for the watcher's eye benefits.

At what point can I switch to hydrosphere?

Can switch whenever you want if you don't mind dropping wave of conviction entirely. However, if you want to keep wave of conviction on something like cwdt (which is what i'm doing) then you'll prolly need to drop cast on death/portal and only keep 1 portal
Great build and great guide.

I've invested like 60ex (might be more) and I can do A9, Maven, Invitations etc.

Trying to min max and compare, I've seen on pob that more than 50% of the assassins storm brand are playing with only 2 large clusters, any reason for that ? Cheaper ? Better when you reach a certain point of items/dps ?
"
Sixtine wrote:
Great build and great guide.

I've invested like 60ex (might be more) and I can do A9, Maven, Invitations etc.

Trying to min max and compare, I've seen on pob that more than 50% of the assassins storm brand are playing with only 2 large clusters, any reason for that ? Cheaper ? Better when you reach a certain point of items/dps ?

U want dps? try this
8 link helmet ON) And try to not crash ggg servers)
https://pastebin.com/r9dCXWmH
Last edited by MruczekM77 on Feb 27, 2021, 6:58:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info