[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Wolrajh wrote:
So, fun stuff : I lucked out and got meself a mageblood.

At first, I ran with immunity to freeze, bleed, shock. Then I realized that just having a big bad bismuth flask meant I could do whatever with the boots and suddenly, crafting a minimum of 53% avoidance was much, much easier since resistances were just an afterthought at this point.
Now I could grab a (surprisingly) cheap disc based watcher's eye, reorganize my tree to reach lethe's shade, ditch tempest shield and the mana reservation clusters to get some skill points and mana back, and I'm basically close to the final final tree missing only a couple Pure Agony jewelclusters and being a taaad short on ES at ~4200 with the last nodeclusters

SO I confidently entered a map with all my armour, evasion, immunities, 83% max resist and overall awesomeness...
... And got insta gibbed, lol.

Yeah. Turns out reading the mods is still a requirement, me stoopid.
~400% increased critical chances + ~100% extra physical as lightning is still very much super dangerous thank you :D

------
Anyway I'm closing in on the final build.
Still have a few questions, though.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Hi Wolrajh!

Thank you too! And congrats to the good mageblood, it's much fun to optimize and play with the flasks.

Hehe, crits in combination with some more damage-mods can be risky.
I guess with 83% resis your es is a bit low, probably switch time of need to radiant faith, and take in more max-resis with impossible escape or winterprowler.

- I've got Granite(with+%armour), Bismuth(with+%res), and Quicksilver(with bleed/cb immunity). Last one, I put a Jade by default, but I'm wondering about getting a Quartz here with +%evasion. Perma phasing and a biiiiit of suppress vs a small chunk of Evasion, thoughts ?

Yes, with mageblood a lot of flasks-setups work great. Try it out!
I guess quicksilver is most worthful, second granite, third bleed-immunity-suffix, fourth a resis-suffix of the rainbow, and then you can vary a lot. Using a basalt improves much the es/ on block, but that is not needed in all content.

- I noticed your PoB is configured with 85 virulence stacks, but isn't that only attainable with no less than 9 Pure Agony ( three Voices large :o) ? With 6, it should be 70 max virulence stacks, unless I'm missing or forgetting about something :)

PoB is always only counting the virulences of your used medium clusters, so it makes no differences if you configure in the settings 85 or 585.
When you want to balance more into damage and have good fitting unique medium clusters with pure agony, also 9x pure agony, 85 virulences are valuable in exchange for a bit defences.

- To sustain spellbock when deprived of Tempest Shield, you use two mage hunter/ conjured wall large clusters. However you don't have that for the Ubers, which mean spellblock takes a bit of a dive. Isn't that concerning against the Ubers ?

Yes, spellblock is a very valuable defence against the ubers. I am still balancing it too and switch between more damage and more spellblock. For example against Uber Exarch or Maven spellblock is more valuable as against shaper or eater. I myself am bad in movement, so I balance more into damage, but I am still optimizing the set-ups against uber eater or maven.

- I've been testing cwc Firestorm since you mentionned it. It's nice, but the mana cost is heavy, imho. Also adds even more clutter to the screen ( pretty dangerous in sanctums hehe ). Could you elaborate on the pros ? more efficient virulence stacking ?

Hehe, I dislike the visuals of firestorm too.
But for the obtained damage-uptime of continuous 60 HoA-virulences I did not found a better ranged skill, and I tried all of them.
Phantasmal Void sphere or storm brands are fine too, but generate less virulences/ damage. I would recommend firestorm against the ubers or also in sanctum, in other content it is not needed. When you prefer other skills, use them and you need only better mechanic/rythm of damage and movement.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 4, 2023, 1:27:18 AM
Hello, this is the most comprehensive guide I've ever seen, bravo. Even GGG can't do that much. :)
Thanks for your efforts.
"
Woneerfyalp wrote:
Hello, this is the most comprehensive guide I've ever seen, bravo. Even GGG can't do that much. :)
Thanks for your efforts.

Hi woneerfyalp,

yesssss, it's sometimes comprehensive in poe.

Thank you very much!

😉

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 12, 2023, 1:55:13 PM
So, this info is for SANCTUM ONLY:

With the invocations, would it better to:

A) Take invocation of lethe shade, thus saving us 4 passives points, or
B) Use invocation of iron reflexes.

We'd have to drop ghost shroud, but most likely worth right?
Last edited by VahnNoa on Feb 8, 2023, 5:36:33 AM
In the final items why do we bother using arcanist brand to trigger frost shield? I have been self casting that in hairy situations....
"
VahnNoa wrote:
So, this info is for SANCTUM ONLY:

With the invocations, would it better to:

A) Take invocation of lethe shade, thus saving us 4 passives points, or
B) Use invocation of iron reflexes.

We'd have to drop ghost shroud, but most likely worth right?

Hehehe, very interesting question!

In maps, simulacrum, etc. iron reflexes is squishy. Not recommended in high density!
There are only a few physical-damage deep-delve-mods where iron reflexes remain outside boss-content b.i.s.
But iron reflexes is b.i.s. against sirus, shaper, uber exarch.

Take lethe shade only when you reached 98-100% ailment-avoidances. Not before!

Take ghost dance only when you use grace. With grace b.i.s. in maps / high density.

Wicked ward is not so helpful against bosses, but great with high evasion and high spellblock, 100% ailment immunities, ar+es mastery for increased recharge in maps.

That are the preconditions for choosing the keynotes in my experiences.
For sanctums I cannot competent advice.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 10, 2023, 12:32:08 PM
Hey man love your build <3 can i ask for a few tips ? i feel like im doing fine with maps etc but degens can be pretty rough any advice ? Also i know im not ailment capped working on that other than that (and DPS wich i kinda dont really care about) its one of the best builds i played <3
https://pastebin.com/9JYZ9cRQ
"
chronicbint wrote:
In the final items why do we bother using arcanist brand to trigger frost shield? I have been self casting that in hairy situations....

Hi chronicbint!

Choose your favourite style!

I selfcast frostshield always against uber-shaper and exarch against bullet-hell / 1000 suns.

In maps I love cast when stunned as trigger when I have enough spellblockings/ defences to go without bastion of hope. When not I prefer arcanist brand for 1 click less in simulacrums / maps / against smaller bosses to trigger more skills at once.

The up and downs are listed in the spoiler "skills" in "other trigger".

In dangerous situations the es-draining, delay and slow castspeed is not to forget, so to trigger frostshield is probably best and against ubers to selfcast.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 12, 2023, 8:47:45 AM
Hey man so invested some more stuff for build and almost capped ailment avoidance and capped spell block but DPS is still extremely low and degens basically onetap any way to solve that ? Thanks for answering. <3
https://pastebin.com/k5Yrrtig
"
The_Qasa wrote:
Hey man so invested some more stuff for build and almost capped ailment avoidance and capped spell block but DPS is still extremely low and degens basically onetap any way to solve that ? Thanks for answering. <3
https://pastebin.com/k5Yrrtig

Hi Qasa!

Yes, it's like you wrote, degen is a problem and you need to scale better the damage.

Against degen a big upgrade is a watcher's eye with es on hit discipline-mod (around 1k es / sec and more with stormburst etc.).
Also wicked ward and later lethe shade are extreme strong, see "checklist defences" 15.) . Take also a look there if something else like maxed pantheons are missing.

Use mandatory molten shell!

Don't use 2x granite flasks, they do not stack. Take in 1x rare granite/ basalt flask.

Get a helmet-enchant, get some resis on boots etc.. Then you could use tempestshield and regret safeguard and other spellblock like change out a large clusters.

Riposte don't trigger often, there are stronger variations.

Improve your large clusters with the wanted notables at pos1 + pos3 so that you free up much, 6-9, passives. You find the tailored tradelinks at page 50. Use a small cluster winterprowler with only 2 passives for another free point. Use the free passives for the curse-mastery whispers of doom to benefit from the 2 curses, for the +1 chaos-mastery "corruption" for singletarget-damage or redemption+unholy might for maps.

Getting a "divergent" HoA beside would help to change "chance to poison" into absolution/ faster casting etc. for faster full HoA-virulences and more es on hit with a fitting watcher's eye.

Your 90% max-resis and manamanagement are top. 87% ailment avoidances are great, but in typical content with much ignites etc. you need more and get it with better boots and improving the eldritch-implicits (see "crafts").

For damage change withering step to anomalous withering step. Get in more withers in standard with wither-totems or glorious vanity/ transformed ritual of shadows (see "jewels").

As guardian with United in dreams it's tricky to get the onslaught-ascendancy-buff. I will add another separated spoiler next to the weapon-choice and in the pob about sooooon. The best solutions are absolution cwc, phantasms, wither totems, anomalous vaal skeletons, gloves enchant of the grave. When you optimized damage you can go without the buff.

In maps use awakened fork or anomalous pierce.

Your HoA is only low level 27, get it to lvl 31 like guided in "composition of agony" (levelled supports, empower, chaos-mastery).

That all scales a lot and tripple your damage up!

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 12, 2023, 3:21:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info