[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-150M

Last edited by monik390 on Aug 16, 2022, 7:18:59 AM
"
Ksakep wrote:
"
radius540 wrote:
Good morning Chromino,

i searched and didn't find your review about the 3.19 changes in Guardian's Arachnophobia, what buffs and nurfs did we have?

In the last league (3.18) I set up an Arachnophobia worth 90ex, I played a little and gave up because the arcemesis mods were giving me one shoot on almost all maps, and I was at 90% all res and physical, I know it changed the mods for 3.19, but I'm afraid to try the build again, I would like your opinion to encourage me to try again in 3.19, thanks for your attention.

I've been reading the necro guide and I really wanted to try it, I've already done the guardiam version in 3 call, would you advise me to try the necro version since I already have some experience with the guardiam version?

obs: sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Is this build so bad against Archnem? What mods are deadly for it? Something like anti-block?

The problem in this particular build is missing 2 entire defence layers: grace and ghost dance.

radius literally have useless skin, which doesn't have any impact on defence, and skip grace with ghost dance entirely, which is having too much impact of the build defence. There is no reason to not fitting grace in the build, since it's using skin. I explained the build defence layers at page 334.

"
Fukurokage wrote:
"
Krekel82 wrote:
Looks like they buffed this build also a little? As the gem now gives 4% attackspeed per Virulence and it was 3%. Or is the difference very minimal?

Per virulence, so 1% times virulence stacks, so its 40-60% more in total. Seems ok :D.

Not "more", just "increased". Again, it's just barely made up with all minions damage nerf.

Another thing - spiders weren't updated in pob, so it shows the damage from them being too much compared to reality. Spiders dps would be lower then pob shows, so don't expect much.
So compared to 3.18 what are the differences in damage and defense?
I plan on playing this build for 3.19 as it is tanky and can clear most if not all content but need to make sure that this is the same in the 3.19.
"
Krekel82 wrote:
I plan on playing this build for 3.19 as it is tanky and can clear most if not all content but need to make sure that this is the same in the 3.19.

Kinda no difference at all, besides aura reservation removed. Sanctuary of Thought probably would get even more expensive, since it's kinda must-have for guardian to fit every aura required.
Looks like build stayed solid once more! I pushed my guardian to 98 in Sentinel. I have ambitions for lvl 100 in Kalandra :P
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Krekel82 wrote:

Kinda no difference at all, besides aura reservation removed. Sanctuary of Thought probably would get even more expensive, since it's kinda must-have for guardian to fit every aura required.

Forbidden flame and flesh with sanctuary of thoughts are extreme valuable and b.i.s., but far away from being required.

Simply follow the pob with all efficiencies on amulet-anoint, souvereignity and the small clusters. With the new rare helmet (you can also get there more efficiencies) you are flexible to use 5-7 passives like you want for defences, damage, auras etc. Or in the spoiler "Manamanager" are much more easy alternatives too. And to use tempest shield or to go without is also flexible. So overall with these changes the manamanagement is more flexible as in the last league.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 17, 2022, 5:55:00 PM
The change to spirit offering seems like a big damage loss for this build, although I'm sure other minion builds are happy. Is there anything I've missed in the 3.19 changes to make up for this? Just looking at this build now and that's the first thing that stands out to me. Also, for some reason, PoB has not updated the spirit offering gem to show crit/crit multi.
do we now use flesh offering instead of spirit offering then or what?
also is the new alchemist's mark curse needed for flask recovery or is using sniper's mark after the nerf just fine?

ty alot in advance
"
Vicious0093 wrote:
The change to spirit offering seems like a big damage loss for this build, although I'm sure other minion builds are happy. Is there anything I've missed in the 3.19 changes to make up for this? Just looking at this build now and that's the first thing that stands out to me. Also, for some reason, PoB has not updated the spirit offering gem to show crit/crit multi.

"
Andy1988 wrote:
do we now use flesh offering instead of spirit offering then or what?
also is the new alchemist's mark curse needed for flask recovery or is using sniper's mark after the nerf just fine?

ty alot in advance

Yes, take flesh offering instead or also an ancient skull-helmet with the new spirit offering will work probably too.

Sniper's mark remains. In some boss-fights switch, when needed, to the ryslatha minor pantheon for writhing jar-flask charges.
"
Chromino wrote:
manamanagement

In my 3.16 guardian pob, which is super aura heavy, as you know, I need to just drop defiance banner to get everything else up w/o reservation mastery. It got nerfed, so whatever. But to fit it again in 3.19, i need either 12% eater implicit and perfectly rolled reservation clusters, or just sanctuary of thought.

In my case, a pair of forbidden jewels would be cheaper than 3.19 helmet, since requirements are insane: +2 all minions, elevated hunter for -12% chaos res, elevated redeemer for 14% mana reservation, t1 eater for another 12% reservation... A BiS helmet like this would cost more than sanctuary of thought. A lot more.

My necro pob doesn't have neither defiance banner, nor grace, I use a bit different defensive approach there. Necro has crapload of damage, so sparing a couple of auras is ok.

Vicious0093 and Andy1988, flesh offering is the way.
Going crit ruins the idea of the build - being tanky. In 3.19 minion scaling heavy depends on gear, which means to get the damage you have to go for bone rings/minion shield instead of aurora.

Herald of Agony's crawler scales from medium clusters, and the build is already extremely passive point hungry. You can't spare 5 points for crit ring.

And w/o additional crit new spirit offering is kinda useless. So yeah. Flesh offering is fine.

About mark, ugh, snipers mark is heavy damage buff, so you can't really drop it.

Alchemist mark is useless simply bc it gives 1 flask charge each 3 seconds. Pantheon would be better in this case.
Ground effect is viable only if you will switch herald of agony gems for poison damage.
Last edited by monik390 on Aug 18, 2022, 2:33:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info