[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

Hi, I just found this build guide, seems very interesting, where is the updated PoB, I would not want to use an outdated version. I am mainly interested in the act 6/7 level 53/60 PoB, because I will be stopping farming heist for a while. The block chance and defences seem really good early on to far heist, right ??
"
Chromino wrote:
"
monik390 wrote:

This. Crawler doesn't benefit from Hydrosphere. If you want to try smth to buff Crawler, try Tornado.

But crawler doesn't benefit from the slow tornado either. Or did they added the minion-tag? Best skills to buff the crawler are still curses and withers beside the scaling with passives, minion-mastery, gemlvls and virulences.

Haste is great to get also for your own cast, attack, movementspeed, but needs much mana again. Hehe, very interesting, I take a look in your pob soon! Great!

Tl; dr: more damage! 😀

Tornado can take crawlers projectiles. Mechanically, it isn't that good, but still can improve crawlers damage just a bit.

With the new Divine Blessing skill, there is no need for more mana for haste. Any aura linked to it becomes a duration skill. Just like Vaal Discipline/grace/molten shell, etc.

Also, I didn't change pob yet, so there is no need to check it now =)
"
monik390 wrote:

I agree, the league seems to be decent. I wish I have time for it, but seems like no =)

Gotta make the time, as it looks like a pretty good league with lots of new stuff to play with.
"
SkirtLover wrote:
Hi, I just found this build guide, seems very interesting, where is the updated PoB, I would not want to use an outdated version. I am mainly interested in the act 6/7 level 53/60 PoB, because I will be stopping farming heist for a while. The block chance and defences seem really good early on to far heist, right ??

Hi Skirt!

Here we crawl (see spoiler "path of building"): https://pastebin.com/PckSa20v

The pob is updated in these days often with always the same remaining pastebin-link. Please check the build-header, there will be mentionend important updates. And refresh sometimes the pob-import to get the actual pob.

Yes, when you stack some blockings you can also go early for fullblocks without glancing blows. But glancing blows combinated with grace, determination or frostshield is early very tanky too. Or use the bastion of hope ascendancy and regret it later.

Yes, only just before CI-transformation some levels are not optimal without the CI gear, but of course you can balance for your own needs life/defences/auras/substain/recovery/damage. HoAg offers high damage on all levels when you stack enough dex and 4-6 links and support a bit with curses etc.

Scrolling in the menue of the trees you find scrolling up separated levelling trees, for example the tree "levelling act 4-6" (57 pts).
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 29, 2022, 10:31:15 AM
"
Valsacar wrote:
"
monik390 wrote:

I agree, the league seems to be decent. I wish I have time for it, but seems like no =)

Gotta make the time, as it looks like a pretty good league with lots of new stuff to play with.

After some more consideration, I have to skip this league 100%, unfortunately.

I fit Divine Blessing (page 334) and removed Hydroshere, so for spiders just go with multistrike/splash again.

Nothing else changed for us.

I had some ideas to start with Hatred + Divine Blessing before full chaos conversion since making 4g triad grip is a lot easier than 4 white. There is no issue to fit 4 greens - Dash, Grace, Desecrate, Sniper Mark, and making 1 white socket Stampedes for cyclone/storm burst doesn't seem hard for me early too.

If go with hatred like this, then can fit Frostbomb and/or Vortex + Bonechill to increase the damage a bit more, probably instead of golem/frenzy, if there are no sockets available.

That's it, mate. Have fun =)
Last edited by monik390 on Jan 29, 2022, 12:17:48 PM
How does this build compare to a pure spider build like arakali occultist? I think it's clearly tankier, how about clearspeed and bossing?
"
saxisa wrote:
How does this build compare to a pure spider build like arakali occultist? I think it's clearly tankier, how about clearspeed and bossing?

Clearspeed? Occu is faster bc of explosions and fast spiders, hands down.

As for bossing, with squire, or without? Squire is obviously stronger by far, even with nerfed Hydrosphere.

If without a squire, this build can get slightly weaker in 3.17, about 10-12%, if we are talking about realistic numbers and damage-oriented variations.

My build was doing 19.1m dps in 3.16 with every buff up (no charges), and my friends' occultist was doing 18.3m not counting Hydrosphere (x2) (Victario's shield, 23m with frenzy charges on kill). The budget of his build was like 50-70ex, while mine was like 100ex.

There are pros and cons in both builds damage uptime too. You have to play an active role in doing damage as a guardian, while occultist is a typical minion build.

But this build is not a "just" tankier. It is a lot tankier. Even glancing blows version (my) was able to face tank all that shit that one-tapped my friend.

If an occultist has a lot higher damage ceiling (squire) and budget, this build is cheaper overall and has a lot higher tankiness ceiling.

To get a bit more understanding, here 2 videos of simulacrum:

Chrominos full block waves 29-30 (very tanky, facing both bosses simultaneously): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byko

My glancing blows (old video, not that tanky, splitting bosses) wave 30: https://youtu.be/S9m_ZbyPHvY

Edit: link ^_^
Last edited by monik390 on Jan 30, 2022, 3:25:44 AM
"
monik390 wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:

As for bossing, with squire, or without? Squire is obviously stronger by far, even with nerfed Hydrosphere.

If without a squire, this build can get slightly weaker, about 10-12%, if we are talking about realistic numbers and damage-oriented variations.

My build was doing 19.1m dps in 3.16 with every buff up (no charges), and my friends' occultist was doing 18.3m (Victario's shield, 23m with frenzy charges on kill). The budget of his build was like 50-70ex, while mine was like 100ex.

There are pros and cons in both builds damage uptime too. You have to play an active role in doing damage as a guardian, while occultist is a typical minion build.

But this build is not a "just" tankier. It is a lot tankier. Even glancing blows version (my) was able to face tank all that shit that one-tapped my friend.

If an occultist has a lot higher damage ceiling (squire) and budget, this build is cheaper overall and has a lot higher tankiness ceiling.

Chrominos full block waves 29-30 (very tanky, facing both bosses simultaneously): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byk

My glancing blows (old video, not that tanky, splitting bosses) wave 30: https://youtu.be/S9m_ZbyPHvY

The link for Chrominos one doesn't work mate. Says video unavailable.

EDIT: Found the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byko You had clipped an o off the end
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Jan 30, 2022, 3:09:04 AM
"
"
monik390 wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:

If without a squire, this build can get slightly weaker, about 10-12%, if we are talking about realistic numbers and damage-oriented variations.

My build was doing 19.1m dps in 3.16 with every buff up (no charges), and my friends' occultist was doing 18.3m (Victario's shield, 23m with frenzy charges on kill). The budget of his build was like 50-70ex, while mine was like 100ex.

Chrominos full block waves 29-30 (very tanky, facing both bosses simultaneously): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byk

The link for Chrominos one doesn't work mate. Says video unavailable.

EDIT: Found the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byko You had clipped an o off the end

Very interesting to try to rank and compare the builds and the Occultist is a very interesting class for offensive orientated chaos-skills and -scaling.

I did not played Occultist with spiders myself. I started a HoAg-Occu-build, but stopped at some point, because ... see TL;DR.
So only overall with experience of youtube-videos and the pob I would try to rank:

For example Kay's spiders Occu. She builds great set-ups, very straight to top damage, but sorry, always complete without any defences.

It's dealing a bit 10% more damage, it has profane bloom, the guardian with HoAg has splitting to 30 ranged projectiles and the spiders have splash. Overall I would rank the Occu 10% higher in offensive.

With the squire shield the Occu reaches in best cases 70M damage for 350 exalts, that is absolutely great and awesome. You can use the squire almost the same as guardian.

To take a look at the defences:

The Occultist has almost zero armour, almost no recovery and substain, almost no block, no evasion, only a bit 10% spell suppression, 0 ailments reductions. It's a oneshot-glascannon with 14-24k ehp. It has better movement because it don't need to generate virulences for the minions, but is killed with one hit or one dot. You have zero reactiontime in aoe too as Occu. And even when you want to you can not scale high the defences in the occultist-ascendancy. The occultist's portals are her strongest and only one layer of defences.
Of course high damage is great in poe and when you are very experienced and know all bosses best, and when you take carrying services for higher levels, the occultist, only with the 350 exalts-squire, has advantages.

The guardian in this build has 550k - 1.5M ehp, 40x times the tankyness. Frostshield is still not counted in, it is 30% more ehp in damagepeaks. The guardian has 3 keystones and aegis aurora for recovery and substain, a lot ailment-immunities 60-100%. He can facetank 2 bosses in simulacrum wave 30 or delve lvl 600. Of course you can scale also up the damage like a Occu glascannon, but that is not the goal of this build.

Perhaps later I stack up a glascannon-oneshot-edition for the arachnophobia allstars, hehehe, lol.

TL;DR:

Occu deals more damage, Guardian deals 4000% more tankyness, and as bonus on top a shorter skirt and a very much longer stronger neck.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 30, 2022, 8:33:49 AM
What about leaguestarter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info