[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-150M

Hey
Interesting build but for me it,s not performing at all. What is wrong whit my build?

https://pastebin.com/wQsw3Wmr
"
Jeanman wrote:
Hey
Interesting build but for me it,s not performing at all. What is wrong whit my build?

https://pastebin.com/wQsw3Wmr

Hi Jeanman,

your gear is getting fine, but in the moment take the following optimizations. Sorry for the wall of text! :

- Most important: You need vaal discipline and vaal grace gems additional to the ordinary auras discipline and grace on the corrupted gems! Switch them in for the normal versions and put the vaalskills on your skillkeys (see also "faq" for possibilities of keybindings.) Mainly vaal discipline and also vaal grace are almost immortal mods in damagepeaks and you can use them often. They rescue against damagetypes we cannot block, like degen, aoe and dot. When you get a soul ripper flask with 50-80 charges you can spam them almost nonstop.

- Is your spellblock like in POB ingame 50%?
Put out self-fullfilling prophecy (2 points and whole jewel, it don't boost minions and only yourself), and put in Burden Projection for 12% spellblock after casting. Your large cluster is with Practised caster not ideal. Take one with burden projection and Thaumophage (or sap psyche) listed on number 1 and number 3 on cluster description, so you get one passive less in the middle for the way/ order of points on the large cluster.

- Do you have "corrrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you on a jewel? Some bosses like Sirus, Dominus and much others kill you very, very fast without. Take it on a jewel in the tree or on belt jewel. Often it is on the jewel the golden rule best and easy to get.

- 3 points Whispers of doom to apply a second second curse use only when you have vulnerability or enfeeble on hit on gloves or ring. Before put out these 3 points and take one "pure agony" on medium clusters

- How much unreserved mana do you have ingame? (PoB is here calculating often not correct)
You need only free 34 mana for ball-lightning and skills, not more (29 for ball-lightning + 10% of passive "insightfulness").
Don't remain with more than 70 unreserved mana! You loose armour, energyshield and es/ on block when you have more unreserved mana.

You yourself do almost no damage and only minion scorpion and spiders deal damage. When there is no tag "minion" on gear or skills or passives, they don't raise your damage.

- Limit ball-lightning to lvl 1. The more reserved mana you have, the more armour, energyshield and es on block you receive. You have much rmr on ring, charisma anointed amulett, uncompromising.
Put out uncompromising on cluster or charisma on amulett. Put in pure agony on cluster or unnatural calm anoint on amulett. When you remain with uncompromising on small cluster, take a small cluster with only 2 points.

- You have not so much energyshield (and mana) on your belt (change crafted increased damage to mana or armour or missing attribute) and change the crafted of increased life to energyshield on the boots. They multiplicate much with your passives and ascendancy.

- Put in (divergent) frostshield in cast when stunned link when you get a determination granted on the shield. This is complicated, you get it not often. You have to search trade for "/-implicit-/ Grants # level determination skill".

Until getting that corruption on shield it is no problem to work around:
When you die often you should take some gear of the defensive build on page 25 of the thread: put in rare socketed ring for one more skillgemslot (frost shield in cws link in helmet, determination in ringsocket) with es and mana and perhaps dex/ str instead your right circle of nostalgia without rmr. Or use frostblink for movement and raising spiders (see "blizzard") and take out withering step and ice nova for one more free slot.

- Somewhere a chance to blind for you or for your minions would raise your ehp about 25% (for minion on belt-jewel, for you on cluster skills or with grace-mod on watcher's eye). It raises the capacities of your molten shell and frost shield also 25%. Take a look in "ideal clusters" and in "21 is only half of the truth" and "Index of defences"

- Upgrade the quality of all your flasks to 20%. The antibleeding flask is very important for dangerous bleedingdamage.

- Put in 2x split personality gems with mana and intelligence in your last medium clusters for around 800 es.

- In the spoiler "FAQ" at the bottom of the build is a list to check for most defence problems. For example did you increased your pantheon?

(see spoiler "fire" and for chain-freezes of shaper or conquerors spoiler "other ailments". Perhaps take a anti-freeze suffix on flask instead anti-curse which is covered by ascendancy with time of need)
For more damage you need the pure agonys on your medium clusters and hit with ball-lightnings to stack 50 - 55 virulences.

After these 12 optimizations and upgrades your gear and build should be very, very fine!

Your build is getting fine overall and is already good. What detail is not performing well? Defence, Damage, bosses?

Sorry again for the wall of text. :-)
Hope the changes will help & greetings. :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 9, 2021, 4:04:15 PM
Ran the OG Hoag build in metamorph, enjoying the increased defences on this one but single target is really feeling lackluster, maybe i got to use to super dps builds. Crawler is sitting at 2.5M. Have about 20Ex I can spend. Not sure what direction to go. Just got block watchers eye so need to replace boots when I find a nice pair.

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/638P3kvb any tips?
"
Ran the OG Hoag build in metamorph, enjoying the increased defences on this one but single target is really feeling lackluster, maybe i got to use to super dps builds. Crawler is sitting at 2.5M. Have about 20Ex I can spend. Not sure what direction to go. Just got block watchers eye so need to replace boots when I find a nice pair.

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/638P3kvb any tips?

Hi LooneyMarauder,

hehehe, thank you!

And yes, singletargetdamage is not the peak of golden-champion of topdamage in this build, hehehe.

But it is not so bad too and you can scale the short-legged one very high in damage if you want to with virulences and curses (see Index of offensives and new PoB from saturday) and if you want to take the highway to damage with hatred and level of skillgems or headhunter ("make hatred, not grace"). But of course the downside is to loose some defences and QoL for the damage. If you want to go beyond level 97, 98 the defensive variation is relaxing and best.

On normal maps and deliriums you need only some seconds more to kill bosses, but hard ones like shaper or synthesis-bosses are easier with some upgrades:

Most important is to use on shaper or sirus "melee physical damage" (evt. awakened) instead melee splash for the spiders in the dagger. This doubles almost the damage of the spiders singletarget. (see spoiler "endgame" ----> spoiler "sirus, shaper". Take for sirus or shaper also sniper's mark in to fill up writhing jar or change the minor pantheon to auto-fill-up the flasks. For ordinary map-bosses melee-splash is enough, but takes sometimes 2 seconds more, yes.

A second offensive curse, sniper's mark, is also best for singletarget-bosses, but ordinary the changes in skill-support-gems are enough.

For the crawler you can switch in "vile toxins" or another singletarget-gem (predator, also faster attacks, impale support or eventually summon phantasms) instead of pierce when you have enough mana (see spoiler "circle of nostalgia" and "additional manamanagement" in "gear, skills, links" and "the dirty scorpion tail" for singletarget-supports).

An added helmet-enchant is very powerfull of course. See "gear, skills, links". Increased spirit offering is best for singletarget, more projectiles of herald for mapping best overall (30-40% more damage as lmp-support in high density-areas) and lacks only singletarget.
I would advice to HoA "fires 2 more projectiles" when you not center around boss-farming.
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 9, 2021, 3:29:06 AM
Your gear is almost perfect and already top!
Only helmet enchant, soul-ripper with only 50-80 charges for faster ready to use (upgrade your other flasks too to 20%) and one better medium or megalamaniamina jewel (Hibernator& Fasting are very, very fine already, but you can take movement or anti-freeze on a flask and take one writhing jar out instead, and search for a cluster with 3 good skills) are not optimal.

And your skillgems and supports will increase a lot with levels and quality and with alternate qualities too. Take frostwall perhaps down to lvl 1, quality 0, to easier walk around when phasing is on cooldown.

Your watcher's eye is excellent. Op! I think you will have overcapped spellblock soon, so yes, you can for example take boots of new updated gear with increased duration integrated and es get one more free skill slot. Or it opens 2 passives in starting templar area "Holy dominion" when your resistances are fine and you have the other spellblock-passives.

Hehe, sorry again for another more wall of text. :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 9, 2021, 3:30:21 AM

Hey there, thank so much for writing this guide.
I managed to gather about 40ish ex and i swapped to this build since i love tanky and minion playstyle(currently just start in act), i've bought all the item above and still i have a few questions which i hope can be help with.
1.You'll only need 1x 1% mana reserve(correct me if im worng) so its mean that i've only corrupted blood immune on another piece of jewel?
2.I cant find any ''Grant #level determination" so i've push out frost wall to fit in Determination, and later on i'll get Vulnerability curse on my glove as of now i havent done much delve so i havent unlocked much ssocketeds recipe yet, my question is since we take Whisper of Doom and im planned to take sniper marks skill gem just for bossing, which other skill gem can i push out to make room?
3.Correct me if im wrong, we'll use active aura of HOA, determination, grace and Discipline just for the vaal skill for oh shit moment?

Last edited by ssampiseth on Mar 9, 2021, 2:08:49 PM
"
ssampiseth wrote:

I managed to gather about 40ish ex and i swapped to this build since i love tanky and minion playstyle(currently just start in act), i've bought all the item above and still i have a few questions which i hope can be help with.
1.You'll only need 1x 1% mana reserve(correct me if im worng) so its mean that i've only corrupted blood immune on another piece of jewel?
2.I cant find any ''Grant #level determination" so i've push out frost wall to fit in Determination, and later on i'll get Vulnerability curse on my glove as of now i havent done much delve so i havent unlocked much ssocketeds recipe yet, my question is since we take Whisper of Doom and im planned to take sniper marks skill gem just for bossing, which other skill gem can i push out to make room?
3.Correct me if im wrong, we'll use active aura of HOA, determination, grace and Discipline just for the vaal skill for oh shit moment?

Hehehe, I think you get it hard tank style with substain, hehe, yes.

Hope you have a lot fun with the build!

Oyy, 40 ex is an investment, you have very good clusters and best armour.

1. precise mana-calculation is very difficult and changes often a lot. It depends on factors like which level you are, how much mana you have on the gear, the clusters, use of 1 or 2 circle of nostalgia etc., if you want to use singletargetsupports for shaper for the hoa, etc.

Take a look in the spoiler "manamanagement" for all 7 steps of manareduction and for a lot of possibilities of manamanagement.

Most levels I needed 1x 1% less mana reserved on a jewel or belt-jewel.

You need only 34 unreserved mana (29 ball-lightning lvl 1 + 10 % insightfulness). Reserve all other mana to get with your ascendancy and helmet max armour, energyshield and es on block.

2. Yes, the shield with granted determination is extremly hard to get. Some corrupt the cheap shields on their own, but it is not recommended. Sometimes you get also a corruption of fitting granted skills on other gear. Also helmet-enchant is rare in these days on market, and in other weeks much easier to find. Determination aura is very important for the build.

But you can easy work around: take a look into the spoiler "blizzard".

Take frostblink instead nova and withering step, or try ball-lightning without other skills to raise the spiders, or take out frostwall (you need frostwall only for deep delve and high heists) or Increased duration. So you get a free gemslot on your gear.

3. Determination we use for armour and es/ block

Grace for armour and es / block with iron reflexes

Discipline for es

Vaal Discipline is very important and immortal mod. Best again not blockable damagetypes for the build like degens, dot and aoe. We spam it with soul ripper flask (50-80 charges)

Vaal Grace is button for damagepeaks and panicbutton cooldowns of all other skills

frost shield is only for facetanking bosses, and for cooldowns of molten shell in damagepeaks

HoA aura only for chance to poison to stack the virulences fast. Then the HoA itself as minion needs no aura.

In the "FAQ" is a spoiler with explanations and possibilities of triggers and keybindings and order of skills.

Last edited by Chromino on Mar 9, 2021, 5:40:05 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
ssampiseth wrote:

Hehehe, I think you get it hard tank style with substain, hehe, yes.

Hope you have a lot fun with the build!

Oyy, 40 ex is an investment, you have very good clusters and best armour.

1. precise mana-calculation is very difficult and changes often a lot. It depends on factors like which level you are, how much mana you have on the gear, the clusters, use of 1 or 2 circle of nostalgia etc., if you want to use singletargetsupports for shaper for the hoa, etc.

Take a look in the spoiler "manamanagement" for all 7 steps of manareduction and for a lot of possibilities of manamanagement.

Most levels I needed 1x 1% less mana reserved on a jewel or belt-jewel.

You need only 34 unreserved mana (29 ball-lightning lvl 1 + 10 % insightfulness). Reserve all other mana to get with your ascendancy and helmet max armour, energyshield and es on block.

2. Yes, the shield with granted determination is extremly hard to get. Some corrupt the cheap shields on their own, but it is not recommended. Sometimes you get also a corruption of fitting granted skills on other gear. Also helmet-enchant is rare in these days on market, and in other weeks much easier to find. Determination aura is very important for the build.

But you can easy work around: take a look into the spoiler "blizzard".

Take frostblink instead nova and withering step, or try ball-lightning without other skills to raise the spiders, or take out frostwall (you need frostwall only for deep delve and high heists) or Increased duration. So you get a free gemslot on your gear.

3. Determination we use for armour and es/ block

Grace for armour and es / block with iron reflexes

Discipline for es

Vaal Discipline is very important and immortal mod. Best again not blockable damagetypes for the build like degens, dot and aoe. We spam it with soul ripper flask (50-80 charges)

Vaal Grace is button for damagepeaks and panicbutton cooldowns of all other skills

frost shield is only for facetanking bosses, and for cooldowns of molten shell in damagepeaks

HoA aura only for chance to poison to stack the virulences fast. Then the HoA itself as minion needs no aura.

In the "FAQ" is a spoiler with explanations and possibilities of triggers and keybindings and order of skills.

Thank for the answer!!
i'm rally having fun with the build, each time i equip new pieces of required gear and hit notable passive in skill tree i actually feel impact to the build, something that most build cant do as they need you to reach far into the game to get the same feeling!!
"
ssampiseth wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
ssampiseth wrote:

Thank for the answer!!
i'm rally having fun with the build, each time i equip new pieces of required gear and hit notable passive in skill tree i actually feel impact to the build, something that most build cant do as they need you to reach far into the game to get the same feeling!!

Yes, it's so interesting and big fun to play and combinate with the clusters and also skills, supports, belt, gloves, boots, auras, melee/ranged styles etc. I love the style that you direct / target your minions with the ball-lightning attacks and need not predator. Other minion builds are more passive with less impact and are depending on moving and kiting because of less defences.

There are so many possibilities in the build because the defences are top high and you can vary almost all other stats.

And the tankiness, substain and damage raises with each gained stat on gear and passives straight way up.

Last edited by Chromino on Mar 11, 2021, 4:57:53 PM
Last edited by Helena_Demon on Aug 23, 2022, 1:51:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info