[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

Would this build be functional with a budget of around 10 exalts? Was thinking of giving it a go.
"
Would this build be functional with a budget of around 10 exalts? Was thinking of giving it a go.

Mmhmm, interesting question.

I try to answer.

In the spoiler FAQ at the bottom of the guide you find a lot of gearing alternatives for gear, flasks, jewels for starting with low currency.

Most important gear is for this build, prices today, 25 days after league start, online trades only, 2nd cheapest offer, in order most important top of list Arakaali's fang, then decreasing:

Arakaali dagger 18 chaos
Writhing jar flask, 2x 1 chaos 2 chaos
Memory Vault Helmet 3 chaos
Aegis aurora shield 3 chaos
Skin of the lords, iron reflexes, 5 correct socket colours 60 chaos
Aul uprising amulet, grace reserves no mana 40 chaos
The blue nightmare jewel 40 chaos
Healthy mind jewel 5 chaos
Golden rule jewel 1 chaos
Circle of Nostalgia, crawler increased damage, HoA 20% reduced mana reservation 3 exalt
Fertile catalysts for ring: 20x 1.5 chaos 30 chaos
Rainbow stride boots, 6% spellblock 2 chaos
Split personality, mana, int, 2x 5 chaos 10 chaos

Complete: 3 exalt + 214 chaos

A lot of gear is missing, but yes, no problem is the answer.

Rare (not uniques) Clusterjewels are, when you craft yourself, around 1/3 price compared to trading often.

Missing, but not mandatory, maxed gear:
Vaal discipline gem
Vaal grace gem
HoA gem lvl 21
Empower gem
For skin of lords: all gems have to be corrupted
Gloves
Curse corruptions ring, gloves
Determination implicit corruption on shield
Helmet enchant
Watcher's eye
Flask Bottled Faith
Cluster jewels
(Large clusters adds 8 passive skills, 2 jewels slot
Rare Medium clusters adds 4 or 5 passive skills, 1 jewel slot)

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 11, 2021, 4:58:03 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Hello, fellas, can someone point me to the cluster jewel priority? What cluster jewel should be the first and what to get on it? Thanks

Mmhmm, very difficult question...

I would go:

1) medium cluster: uncompromising (& stalwaart) (mana for determination, a lot of defences)

2) when you still feel squishy: medium cluster with Hibernator: much defense in combination with Pantheon Soul of Solaris

Then:

3) first large cluster: raze and pillage for more light in dark dungeons and call to the slaughter: movement speed for minions

4) first pure agony: damage

But, when you trade and not craft, of course watch/ observe for discounts and low prizes in market.

That is very helpfull for me, thank you!
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Maybe a short section that explains how we deal with the common build issues? For instance:

- Chaos damage = Chaos Inoculation
- Mana reservation = Circle of Nostalgia, Cluster jewel Uncompromising node, Amulet Charisma anoint, Influence cluster on skill tree, Sovereignty, reduced mana reservation on one jewel, Aul's uprising, did I miss one? Or some?
- Withering step lets you phase through critters and your own frost walls
- ES recovery = Sulphur flask, Time of Need, Aegis Aurora recovery on block, Vaal discipline
- Stunlocks
- Chill / Freeze
- Bleed
- Ignite, shocked, cursed
- Block sources

Aaaah, okay, you mean more keywords/ tags/ indexwords, more summaries of stats and more stats of character sheet explained? That would be good to get an better overview of the build.

Then I would improve the index.

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 11, 2021, 5:56:48 AM
"
"
Chromino wrote:
"
I have a question, I just transitioned to bare minimum to run this build. And I mean not 5-10 exa, just 1-2, am squishy but that I know why, the big question for me is: how do i re summon spiders while the last party of em is still alive? I try to kill the worms before the spiders do, but I miserably fail, so I get like 20 spiders uptime than 0 while I manage to get to a safespot with the Hoa crawler, and only hen re summon. am puzzled, guyz, halp XD

Hello ShatteredEssence,

perhaps take a look at the spoiler "blizzard". There is one easy method to raise 18-20 spiders almost each ( ... still not every) time. 2x desecrate, open (1-)2 writhing jar (simultan), instant Nova or instant frostblink. For me personally this works best on mousebuttons because I am with that controls faster and can target desecrate easy central next to guardian. But other players prefer other keys.

When you die very often: take a look at FAQ, flasks (antibleeding flask + granite:3000 armour flask) and missing determination-aura ("Gear, skills, links", and Mana-Management, only 3-4 HoA supports when you miss mana for reservation).

Your character is getting fine! :-)

I am not experienced at build up gearing and levelling-tricks, perhaps others have tipps!

Yup, I use same trick as you described, double desecrate + jar + nova, but my remaining spiders are faster than me)

About tankiness, I need to squize in determination to my hoa + discipline? I have read mana reservarionnspoiler and thought I can get alone without determination for now. Will try to use it asap.

Yes, determination is most important for Defences, ar, pdr and es / block. A lot of defense and substain!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 11, 2021, 7:02:55 AM
Greetings! I ran into a strange feeling - that the singletarget sags very much when using spiders. By replacing arakali fang with Cold Iron Point, DPS has become more noticeable on bosses. It is clear that I did not completely follow the build and am experimenting with a set of auras (for example, blood and sand are included in the build). But even with level 21 HoA and level 4 Empower, it is with the use of spiders - the speed of clearing increases, but bosses are killed too slowly. This is given that I have not yet figured out which allies to support onslaught for HoA, but when using onslaught spiders there is. Perhaps you can look at my profile and say what is wrong (now there is no arakali fang, it contains all the recommended gems (not awakened)).
"
DeViLJiNDaNTe wrote:
Greetings! I ran into a strange feeling - that the singletarget sags very much when using spiders. By replacing arakali fang with Cold Iron Point, DPS has become more noticeable on bosses. It is clear that I did not completely follow the build and am experimenting with a set of auras (for example, blood and sand are included in the build). But even with level 21 HoA and level 4 Empower, it is with the use of spiders - the speed of clearing increases, but bosses are killed too slowly. This is given that I have not yet figured out which allies to support onslaught for HoA, but when using onslaught spiders there is. Perhaps you can look at my profile and say what is wrong (now there is no arakali fang, it contains all the recommended gems (not awakened)).

Hi Dante!

+++

Probably you don't get enough virulences stacks with slower cyclone without faster attacks and poison and ball-lightning support.

Or do you use helmet skills-setup?
+++

Take a look into setups of skills / gloves in "gear, skills, links" and there also on anamalous gemqualties for more speed.

Most important for singletarget damage are 50 virulences/ 2 "pure agony" medium clusters (combined with enough cast speed/ attack speed to substain 45-50 stacks singletarget: spellecho, gmp, etc.) and take a look in the spoiler "long boss fights without added minions" (Pantheon for flasks, change melee splash - support of dagger for sirus, maven, shaper, aul etc.).

Yes, 20 spiders are for the "5 allies" onslaught buff too. And for 15 wither-stacks of withering Touch support (90% increased chaos damage taken is around 45% more damage for spiders and HoA). Spiders are around 35% of 5 mill. total damage in this build.

(1 empower lvl is around 20% for HoA, a big increase multiplier. HoA lvl 21 is around 10%.)

I take a detailed view on PC later on your Profile. Looks very good!

+++ edited: support cyclone with poison, ball-lightning- channeling- faster attacks to get 50 virulences singletarget! You need 4-5 Links for cyclone& 45 virulences singletarget.

Your large cluster is not ideal, but not mandatory for single-target ordinary.

Experimenting is big fun! Most big fun in POE I think, so many ways and variations and individualisations.

For more damage, but less defences, take a look in "make hatred, not grace" . In the subspoiler 11 mill. Damage is also the Cold Iron point dagger with some interactions/ setup.

:-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 11, 2021, 11:28:03 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
DeViLJiNDaNTe wrote:

Hi Dante!

Thanks for the info. I used the setup in a helmet, supported 40-50 stacks on bare feet, but still feels slow with spiders, I don't know why. I experimented with the cyclone, since I started from a different build, and I didn't want to change the colors in the boots (4 off colors). When I switch to arakali fang, dps loss is felt. For now I will follow the tank path, as on ps4 I am a little limited in equipment (very poor market). Perhaps I will try +2 wands for bosses, on a weapon swap (another wand+shield, perhaps it will feel differently, with +3 dagger really liked it). Perhaps I will try to get 1 more corrupt on my body myself. Since there is no amulet for determination, and there is not much sense from grace (which is 1 on the market) without an iron reflex.
"
DeViLJiNDaNTe wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
DeViLJiNDaNTe wrote:

Hi Dante!

Thanks for the info. I used the setup in a helmet, supported 40-50 stacks on bare feet, but still feels slow with spiders, I don't know why. I experimented with the cyclone, since I started from a different build, and I didn't want to change the colors in the boots (4 off colors). When I switch to arakali fang, dps loss is felt. For now I will follow the tank path, as on ps4 I am a little limited in equipment (very poor market). Perhaps I will try +2 wands for bosses, on a weapon swap (another wand+shield, perhaps it will feel differently, with +3 dagger really liked it). Perhaps I will try to get 1 more corrupt on my body myself. Since there is no amulet for determination, and there is not much sense from grace (which is 1 on the market) without an iron reflex.

Yes, market and trading on console is hard and small I think too.

For harder bosses like shaper changing melee splash to melee damage is good, large cluster for spiders would raise damage of course. So there would be fast a total difference 2.5 mill --- 4 mill , lvl 92. Or some bosses have high physical/ chaos resistances, then vulnerability curse is fine or damage is lower.

But overall your damage should be okay and enough for T13, T 14, red maps. I will import into pob and take a detailed look.

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 11, 2021, 5:23:19 PM
Your HoA deals in PoB 1.4 mill, your spiders 650000 only, with melee physical damage instead singletarget 1 mill. So your shaper damage is only 1.4 mill hoa + 1 mill spiders : 2.4 mill. damage

Yes, that is for some hard bosses T14, T15 low damage.

With 5 levels more, vulnerability curse (ring or gloves or cast when stunned) and 2 large minion damage clusters with renewal, raze and pillage, evtl. 4 x awakened gems and last gemlvls. etc. you will get much more damage, probably around 4.8 mill. maxgeared with lvl 97.... Did not thought on first look that this results in so much damagedifference.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 15, 2021, 7:02:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info