[3.14] Rivalen's Wild Strike Berserker | Instant Rage & Berserk Sustain | 15M+ DPS

"
xb00niex wrote:
"
Elctric77 wrote:
I am interested to see how this plays out! Voidforge is super awesome.

i must say, with my pretty crap gear, it delete t15 maps so far but its pretty squishy, i think i need to go back to t13 or something and get better gear.

the raider version would also be pretty interesting to make at some point, just to see how it is.

The Raider version will obviously give you more survivability with evasion and dodge, but you're still going to die from that big one shot that gets through. The problem is the damage. I just don't think people will be happy with how long you have to stand on top of a boss to take him out.

"
I was looking at this build and I really like the look of it, just wondering if you'd considered trying it out on an inquisitor to really go deep on the crit/ele damage line.

Inquisitor doesn't seem all that viable to me. You have some more tools to stay alive with, but the damage still doesn't compare to Berserker. It can make sense with other ele attack skills. But we need all we can get since Wild Strike has low end innate single target damage.

The second problem here is attack speed. I don't know about you, but Leap Slamming around with a two hander feels downright awful unless you have that easy access attack speed that Zerker and Raider give.

Don't get me wrong, we can run many of these other ascendancy's and kill monsters. But some of them will progress us much slower through the game and stray far from the core essence of this build. Once this build is complete, I'll be happy to put PoB's together for more options.

P.S. I spent my weekend's game time testing out some new stuff with pretty amazing results. I'll update soon.
Will you continue to update build? Only my second league so im trying to follow and learn lol
"
rvalen wrote:
"
xb00niex wrote:
"
Elctric77 wrote:
I am interested to see how this plays out! Voidforge is super awesome.

i must say, with my pretty crap gear, it delete t15 maps so far but its pretty squishy, i think i need to go back to t13 or something and get better gear.

the raider version would also be pretty interesting to make at some point, just to see how it is.

The Raider version will obviously give you more survivability with evasion and dodge, but you're still going to die from that big one shot that gets through. The problem is the damage. I just don't think people will be happy with how long you have to stand on top of a boss to take him out.

And that is the point, to have more survivalbility because right now it is absolutely atricious, little wind blows and you are dead, i just don't like this at all.

how can someone make this tanky and do good dmg? is this skill bound to be shit? sadge.
And that is the point, to have more survivalbility because right now it is absolutely atricious, little wind blows and you are dead, i just don't like this at all.

how can someone make this tanky and do good dmg? is this skill bound to be shit? sadge.
Last edited by xb00niex on Jan 27, 2021, 3:53:12 PM
"
Galestrider wrote:
Will you continue to update build? Only my second league so im trying to follow and learn lol

Absolutely! I'll be spending the league trying to perfect it. I've been a little behind with my progression with rl this league.

"
xb00niex wrote:

I think we'll be fine. I also thought we were too squishy and also too slow. I've made some big changes I've yet to post.

We're looking at a new baseline of 6k hp. Shackles of the Wretched and Chains of Emancipation will give us Berserk on all bosses and Rares. That's 19% less damage taken that we didn't used to have available all the time. With the damage boost from that, we should drop Abyssus temporarily for a "nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage" helmet with 100+ life. We will re-equip it once we have Farrul's Fur. We use the Assassin's Mark on hit ring with the life rare helm. Then when we get the Farrul's we drop the Assassin's Mark ring so that Enfeeble is applying to bosses and we still get the power charges from Farrul's.

With Berserk, Flesh & Stone, Enfeeble, and the Pantheon, we will make this happen. War Banner also gives us phys reduction when available. Make sure you're popping that.

The new curse setup will require some explaining which I will post to the guide.
"
rvalen wrote:

I think we'll be fine. I also thought we were too squishy and also too slow.

I've been contemplating removing Abyssus to fix the squishy aspect of the build, however I think I'm more than satisfied with the speed with or without Berserk active.
"
rvalen wrote:

We're looking at a new baseline of 6k hp. Shackles of the Wretched and Chains of Emancipation will give us Berserk on all bosses and Rares. That's 19% less damage taken that we didn't used to have available all the time. With the damage boost from that, we should drop Abyssus temporarily for a "nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage" helmet with 100+ life.

I've linked the Rage Support Gem in the main Wild Strike setup to generate Rage faster and have more uptime with Berserk in place of Inspiration or Damage On Full Life. Would having these two uniques to have permanent Berserk have better survivability than having two rares providing more max life and other defences or does the eHP increase from the 19% damage reduction be much better?
"
rvalen wrote:

We will re-equip it once we have Farrul's Fur. We use the Assassin's Mark on hit ring with the life rare helm. Then when we get the Farrul's we drop the Assassin's Mark ring so that Enfeeble is applying to bosses and we still get the power charges from Farrul's.

Applying Enfeeble sounds like a good idea. I was considering making a chest armor with "% of physical damage taken converted to x element" to mitigate the effects of Abyssus but Enfeeble would probably add more survivability.

Berserk and Adrenaline active from War Banner really does make the build feel a lot tankier

Looking forward to the updates and how the the two new uniques work out mechanic wise!

Hey,
I've been playing wild strike this league and I've played it 2 or 3 times before. There is a huge trap for the skill which unfortunately you fell for. Elemental Equilibrium does not work as you think it does for this skill. Wild strike's element choice is completely random every swing! Half of the time if not more EE will actually nerf your damage by putting +25% res to the enemy! Moreover, Wild strike does not lock you in on an element like it does with Elemental Hit! Any extra damage you have for physical, elemental or damage gained as extra will scale regardless of the element chosen! For example, if you have Hatred on, your fire hit will deal the cold damage gained as well! Thus, the way to build this skill is by stacking physical damage plus elemental damage with attacks skills and/or gain physical as extra fire/cold/lightning! You can also scale with flat elemental damage stacking but with a lower damage ceiling than physical! Feel free to check out my character - although raider - to see what you can do with the skill, with everything up PoB says I have close to 9M Sirus DPS. It's the only Ritual character on my account. Cheers, hope I've helped!
"
SheepPotato wrote:
"
rvalen wrote:

I think we'll be fine. I also thought we were too squishy and also too slow.

I've been contemplating removing Abyssus to fix the squishy aspect of the build, however I think I'm more than satisfied with the speed with or without Berserk active.
"
rvalen wrote:

We're looking at a new baseline of 6k hp. Shackles of the Wretched and Chains of Emancipation will give us Berserk on all bosses and Rares. That's 19% less damage taken that we didn't used to have available all the time. With the damage boost from that, we should drop Abyssus temporarily for a "nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage" helmet with 100+ life.

I've linked the Rage Support Gem in the main Wild Strike setup to generate Rage faster and have more uptime with Berserk in place of Inspiration or Damage On Full Life. Would having these two uniques to have permanent Berserk have better survivability than having two rares providing more max life and other defences or does the eHP increase from the 19% damage reduction be much better?
"
rvalen wrote:

We will re-equip it once we have Farrul's Fur. We use the Assassin's Mark on hit ring with the life rare helm. Then when we get the Farrul's we drop the Assassin's Mark ring so that Enfeeble is applying to bosses and we still get the power charges from Farrul's.

Applying Enfeeble sounds like a good idea. I was considering making a chest armor with "% of physical damage taken converted to x element" to mitigate the effects of Abyssus but Enfeeble would probably add more survivability.

Berserk and Adrenaline active from War Banner really does make the build feel a lot tankier

Looking forward to the updates and how the the two new uniques work out mechanic wise!

The pseudo-permanent Berserk adds much more survivability than extra life on a few rares. We can also get corrupted % to maximum life on the uniques. Starkonja's isn't a bad replacement either if you have the resists covered. It's just hard to do with all those uniques and an Assassin's Mark ring.

"
Hiita wrote:
Hey,
I've been playing wild strike this league and I've played it 2 or 3 times before. There is a huge trap for the skill which unfortunately you fell for. Elemental Equilibrium does not work as you think it does for this skill. Wild strike's element choice is completely random every swing! Half of the time if not more EE will actually nerf your damage by putting +25% res to the enemy! Moreover, Wild strike does not lock you in on an element like it does with Elemental Hit! Any extra damage you have for physical, elemental or damage gained as extra will scale regardless of the element chosen! For example, if you have Hatred on, your fire hit will deal the cold damage gained as well! Thus, the way to build this skill is by stacking physical damage plus elemental damage with attacks skills and/or gain physical as extra fire/cold/lightning! You can also scale with flat elemental damage stacking but with a lower damage ceiling than physical! Feel free to check out my character - although raider - to see what you can do with the skill, with everything up PoB says I have close to 9M Sirus DPS. It's the only Ritual character on my account. Cheers, hope I've helped!

I'm actually pretty confident in my understanding of Wild Strike. EE works exactly like I think it does. On your first point, EE will not nerf our damage half of the time. It will nerf it 1/3rd of the time. 50% penetration two out of three hits is a buff. Including Voidforge we reach 81 possible scenarios. 44% chance to get pen on both elements. 44% to get pen on one , and 12% chance to lose damage on both. Still a net gain. Now I will say that when we reach high levels of pen from our other gear, there may be a point where we respec those skill points elsewhere for more damage. I will determine that breaking point when the build is finished.

You're right on your second point. We cannot use added elemental damage as it will destroy our DPS. This is why there is a Warning section in the build detailing this.

Nice work on your build though. That Raider looks strong as hell.
"
On your first point, EE will not nerf our damage half of the time. It will nerf it 1/3rd of the time. 50% penetration two out of three hits is a buff. Including Voidforge we reach 81 possible scenarios. 44% chance to get pen on both elements. 44% to get pen on one , and 12% chance to lose damage on both. Still a net gain. Now I will say that when we reach high levels of pen from our other gear, there may be a point where we respec those skill points elsewhere for more damage. I will determine that breaking point when the build is finished.

You're right on your second point. We cannot use added elemental damage as it will destroy our DPS. This is why there is a Warning section in the build detailing this.

Nice work on your build though. That Raider looks strong as hell.

I understand your view, the first iteration of my character used your logic too but once I removed EE I saw night and day difference, that is why I insist on that. Trinity and Ele pen should be enough for penetration and then you can move out of the scion area for more damage. Crit clusters are very good as well.
Hiita how did u level your build? would love to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info