[3.14] Rivalen's Wild Strike Berserker | Instant Rage & Berserk Sustain | 15M+ DPS

"
MoorBoy52 wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks for making this build guide, I will be using and following it and I look forward to the updates :)

Good to hear! I will try to add some updates to the build tonight.

"
Zalmoxas wrote:
Very fun build. I would add risk of dying from Leap Slam Phys Reflect in the guide. I just had that nasty surprise as I hit a pack to get my Fortify buff.

When I first saw this post, I was thinking that I wasn't having that issue. Then I died three times in a single map to it because I couldn't switch my brain off from doing it. It's unfortunate that Fortify support doesn't add any damage to our secondary effects. But that's the crazy scaling of Wild Strike. I will udpate!
Hi I'm new and was wondering why you don't/cant use any heralds. I wanted to do a wild strike build and incorporate like Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice.
Thank you
"
NinjexElite wrote:
Hi I'm new and was wondering why you don't/cant use any heralds. I wanted to do a wild strike build and incorporate like Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice.
Thank you

Elemental heralds add damage of it's respective element to every attack, regardless of which element Wild Strike chooses.

Elemental Equilibrium (EE) is a big source of damage, especially early on. EE will actually give us negative damage if you have any added damage of other elements. It raises the resists of the element we just hit with for the next attack and lowers it for the other elements. If we're doing damage with all elements each hit, the mobs will added resistance against us for every hit.

We also use Secrets of Suffering which changes our ailments from Ignite, Freeze, and Shock to Scorch, Brittle and Sapped. It doesn't allow us those default ailments either. So the heralds lose their ailment effectiveness as well.

You can customize the build as you choose, it just doesn't give us the optimal damage. Freeze explosions from Herald of Ice has value, but you'd want to drop EE and Secrets of Suffering. I hope that helped!
I wonder what we should upgrade first? Could you maybe make a rough list? Weapon or Armor? or maybe first the cluster jewels? :O

i feel like armor maybe but farruls is expensive, so what alternative? a nice 6link or loreweave, belly of the beast and so on? Dmg so far seems good but survival is pretty tough
Last edited by xb00niex on Jan 19, 2021, 5:12:08 PM
"
xb00niex wrote:
I wonder what we should upgrade first? Could you maybe make a rough list? Weapon or Armor? or maybe first the cluster jewels? :O

i feel like armor maybe but farruls is expensive, so what alternative? a nice 6link or loreweave, belly of the beast and so on? Dmg so far seems good but survival is pretty tough

If you'd like, I can take a look at your setup, but you need to unhide the character tab under privacy settings on your account.

I'll be updating the build shortly and rearranging the format.

Without seeing where you're at, it should go something like this:

First milestone is reaching the 105 pt starter passive tree with abyssus, oskarm, belt of the deceiver, and terminus est. Next you'll want to buy the Feed the Fury/Fuel the Fight cluster jewel. The optimal one is just those two notables with two jewel sockets and only adding 8 passive skills. If that's too pricy, just get the same one with more passive skills. You can replace it later to save some points. When you have this, you can respec into the 105 Pts Twink tree and go from there. Buy The Interrogation cluster jewel for Secrets of Suffering

Next I would buy the Voidforge with as many links as you can afford for leap slam. The 6 link Wild Strike should be in your body armour. The armour should just be a ton of life and maybe some resistances. Next would be the corrosive elements/prismatic heart cluster jewel. Its pricy, so just getting corrosive elements is fine to start. Upgrade when you can.

We'll then took to replace the Oskarm gloves with rare glove with the 'strike skills target one additional nearby enemy' mod. Only do this when you can also buy an assassin's mark ring.

This was quick so it's possible something was missed.
thank you mate, this helps a lot, these pointers are more than enough :)

So around when we spec into the twink tree, we go for thread of hopes as well, right?

good that you mention the cluster jewels because i would have go for the secrets of suffering first but i guess the other way around is safer since it gives a bit of leech.

*my settings are usually not on private, weird if so because i never turn it on but its fine anyway, you helped a lot.
Last edited by xb00niex on Jan 20, 2021, 8:33:09 AM
"
xb00niex wrote:
thank you mate, this helps a lot, these pointers are more than enough :)

So around when we spec into the twink tree, we go for thread of hopes as well, right?

good that you mention the cluster jewels because i would have go for the secrets of suffering first but i guess the other way around is safer since it gives a bit of leech.

*my settings are usually not on private, weird if so because i never turn it on but its fine anyway, you helped a lot.

Regarding the privacy setting, characters are hidden by default. It might be beneficial down the road to open that up.

I should have specified that it’s basically mandatory to get the fuel the fight/feed the fury cluster jewel before switching to the Twink tree. This is because we’re losing the leech from the tree and gaining it from the clusters. You can stick secrets of suffering jewel in that one.

I would grab the thread of hope after you have the second large cluster jewel of corrosive elements and prismatic heart as it’s slightly cheaper for an entry level one. Remember that you can just get one with a higher passive amount temporarily until you can afford the optimal one.

I am interested to see how this plays out! Voidforge is super awesome.
"
Elctric77 wrote:
I am interested to see how this plays out! Voidforge is super awesome.

i must say, with my pretty crap gear, it delete t15 maps so far but its pretty squishy, i think i need to go back to t13 or something and get better gear.

the raider version would also be pretty interesting to make at some point, just to see how it is.
I was looking at this build and I really like the look of it, just wondering if you'd considered trying it out on an inquisitor to really go deep on the crit/ele damage line.
Last edited by VagabondBabbler on Jan 24, 2021, 4:14:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info