[3.14] Rivalen's Wild Strike Berserker | Instant Rage & Berserk Sustain | 15M+ DPS

I will usually go with what the build intented me to, in this case it is two-handed weapons, so i will use them right away, that is how i like to play.

Thank you once again!
Wild Strike is such a cool skill I just really dont see how even the benefits a zerker brings will make it viable enough to kill bosses with
Uh, voidforge and wild strike don't necessarily choose the same element, for reference. Have you actually done the math on Elemental Equilibrium?

You're choosing 2 elements each time, which means it's a question independently of whether each element selected this time matches either element selected last time.

I did some math that I think is flawed that showed that the breakpoint was at 0% resistances, but I'm absolutely certain that at higher values of penetration, EE+voidforge+wildstrike becomes a less multiplier rather than more.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 15, 2021, 9:17:45 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
Wild Strike is such a cool skill I just really dont see how even the benefits a zerker brings will make it viable enough to kill bosses with

It's nowhere near elite for bossing. That's for sure. I just think we can hit the damage numbers to get there. I started a junk version of it last league. I had maybe 1/3rd the damage and something like 5.5 attack speed. Map bosses still blow up and conquerers were no problem with a little understanding of the big hits. Sirus, Elder, and whatever this league brings at the high end will be a test. Using a two hander gives us aa weapon swap option, but I haven't nailed anything down with that yet.

"
codetaku wrote:
Uh, voidforge and wild strike don't necessarily choose the same element, for reference. Have you actually done the math on Elemental Equilibrium?

You're choosing 2 elements each time, which means it's a question independently of whether each element selected this time matches either element selected last time.

I did some math that I think is flawed that showed that the breakpoint was at 0% resistances, but I'm absolutely certain that at higher values of penetration, EE+voidforge+wildstrike becomes a less multiplier rather than more.

I did some light math. There is more that should be presented though. Without Voidforge, it's simple enough. 3 rolls with 2/3rd chance to get the benefit. With Voidforge, we have 81 possible rolls. When rounded, it's 44% chance to get the benefit of both rolls, 44% chance to get the benefit of one, and 12% chance to get zero benefit. I will need to do some more digging to get exact numbers.

Worse case scenario, we scrap EE at our high penetration levels and take some different nodes. EE isn't exactly build defining for us
Last edited by rvalen on Jan 15, 2021, 12:09:58 PM
Looking forward to see how this build ends up! The new Trinity gem made me excited about making a build like this and it seems you have a lot of it figured out. Will try to follow along your updates on it.
I've been poking around and unless something changed in a patch since the bulk of old comments on the interaction, wildstrike with multistrike only rolls one element per multi.

This means that EE and multstrike support are a pretty strong nonbo as 2/3++ of our attacks will be to buffed res.

Did you notice this when playing this in previous league? I've been watching in game and I don't think I've seen multiple elements come off the same attack and am about to tweak supports to try EE w/o multi.
"
SheepPotato wrote:
Looking forward to see how this build ends up! The new Trinity gem made me excited about making a build like this and it seems you have a lot of it figured out. Will try to follow along your updates on it.

I have the messiest spreadsheet of info I haven't put into the post yet. I ran up against launch time and needed to get some leveling in. It's pretty smooth so far. I went ahead and switched to WS early.
"
Xetian wrote:
I've been poking around and unless something changed in a patch since the bulk of old comments on the interaction, wildstrike with multistrike only rolls one element per multi.

This means that EE and multstrike support are a pretty strong nonbo as 2/3++ of our attacks will be to buffed res.

Did you notice this when playing this in previous league? I've been watching in game and I don't think I've seen multiple elements come off the same attack and am about to tweak supports to try EE w/o multi.

I saw the same old posts I believe. If what they said was true, then it has definitely changed at some point. I can promise you it rotates as normal with Multistrike. The wiki doesn't mention any changes regarding this.
I just wanted to say thanks for making this build guide, I will be using and following it and I look forward to the updates :)
Very fun build. I would add risk of dying from Leap Slam Phys Reflect in the guide. I just had that nasty surprise as I hit a pack to get my Fortify buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info