Jeromeo wrote:
https://poedb.tw/us/Blizzard_Crown

Blizzard Crown
Evasion Rating: 185
Energy Shield: 36
Requires Level 75, 79 Dex, 79 Int
Adds (150–170) to (230–255) Cold Damage
Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value

This should be a good base for your build, right?

Yes, this would be very solid, did not know about this. It's definitely big damage at the cost of perma freeze/chill immunity, but can be huge if crafted properly.
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Jan 14, 2021, 9:14:52 PM
edit: nvm, you corrected your original post.
Last edited by Jeromeo on Jan 14, 2021, 9:21:56 PM
Thoughts on defensive layers?

It seems like it ending at 82 still allows you some room to path to a few relevant places for more defense.

4 points gets you to No witnesses for Elusive

7 points gets us Wind dancer

Silent steps get you some blind effect

That puts us a few points from Freedom of Movement too.

Mechanically how does this build work with Perfect Agony if you have EO?

On the Damage front a few interesting options left to pick up.

Growth and Decay is 4-5 points away for more Damager over time multiplier.

Elemental Focus and Trickery are nearby as well within 2-3 points

if you go for wind dancer, avatar of the hunt is nearby as well.

Cluster Jewel set ups. Curious to get your thoughts on these since they're not to hard to alt roll for

Pretty much just slam burning bright's?
"
Omegaura wrote:
Thoughts on defensive layers?

It seems like it ending at 82 still allows you some room to path to a few relevant places for more defense.

4 points gets you to No witnesses for Elusive

7 points gets us Wind dancer

Silent steps get you some blind effect

That puts us a few points from Freedom of Movement too.

Mechanically how does this build work with Perfect Agony if you have EO?

On the Damage front a few interesting options left to pick up.

Growth and Decay is 4-5 points away for more Damager over time multiplier.

Elemental Focus and Trickery are nearby as well within 2-3 points

if you go for wind dancer, avatar of the hunt is nearby as well.

Cluster Jewel set ups. Curious to get your thoughts on these since they're not to hard to alt roll for

Pretty much just slam burning bright's?

Defensively i think the build is fine where it's at, but I wont know more until I experience the new content first-hand. We have alot of nearby options for defensives, which can be swapped into at the cost of damage if needed, but I want to see how it works with tons of evasion, dodge, spell dodge, and 6k Life before i sacrifice DPS for more survival, however, being close to 3-4 different defensive choices is really convenient.

As far as Avatar of the Hunt goes, I went down there at first, but after revising the tree, I had to cut the nodes so i could reach Master Fletcher and Acuity for more attack speed to maintain our debuff from burning arrow (keeping 5 stacks up requires a decent investment into attack speed).

Perfect Agony is just about useless with this build unless we were to re-roll into crit and get rid of EO, which is definitely not worth it at all.

As far as Elemental Focus goes, I intend to go for that post-95, that will be my 96-98 investment point-wise. I will take some more time to min-max before league start tomorrow as well.
Also any thoughts on replacing Anger with a combo of Herald of Ash + Skitterbots?

I'd like to avoid using Master of Storms in favor of Elemancer for golem goodness but not sure what's the best way to get shock if I do so.
"
Omegaura wrote:
Also any thoughts on replacing Anger with a combo of Herald of Ash + Skitterbots?

I'd like to avoid using Master of Storms in favor of Elemancer for golem goodness but not sure what's the best way to get shock if I do so.

Anger is very necessary as it helps keep our wave of conviction on the fire spectrum so that we get fire exposure, so it would be painful to swap.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Omegaura wrote:

Anger is very necessary as it helps keep our wave of conviction on the fire spectrum so that we get fire exposure, so it would be painful to swap.

Isn't that solved by adjusting the CDWT set up and slapping a combustion into that?

You're only using 1 6 link set up so you still have 2 slots ( or 1 if you go 5 link ) available to slap in the CDWT set up and put in the necessary gem to get it to always hit for fire.

Besides which, don't you already have Magmatic Strikes? That convers the remaining phys of Wave of conviction to fire so would it naturally hit harder than the Lightning portion?

Calc seems to suggest it by turning off Anger so you have a bit more wiggle room there.
"
Omegaura wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Omegaura wrote:

Isn't that solved by adjusting the CDWT set up and slapping a combustion into that?

You're only using 1 6 link set up so you still have 2 slots ( or 1 if you go 5 link ) available to slap in the CDWT set up and put in the necessary gem to get it to always hit for fire.

Besides which, don't you already have Magmatic Strikes? That convers the remaining phys of Wave of conviction to fire so would it naturally hit harder than the Lightning portion?

Calc seems to suggest it by turning off Anger so you have a bit more wiggle room there.

I think the POB you are using is an older one, as the most recent pastebin has shifted to a 5 link CWDT with combustion on the wave of conviction. If you want to drop anger and switch things around to use a different ascendancy, you are more than welcome to, but I honestly think the build is better the way it is.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:

I think the POB you are using is an older one, as the most recent pastebin has shifted to a 5 link CWDT with combustion on the wave of conviction. If you want to drop anger and switch things around to use a different ascendancy, you are more than welcome to, but I honestly think the build is better the way it is.

So it is!

No worries or judgement on build just customizing to my preference. Honestly it's an appealing starter hence my interest in it!

Ideally on my end I'll be going golems. Putting Wave of Conviction on a Spell Totem rather than CDWT.

Debating linking another gem or two to flame wall for some added effectiveness and screwing around with Cluster jewel min maxing.
"
Omegaura wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:

So it is!

No worries or judgement on build just customizing to my preference. Honestly it's an appealing starter hence my interest in it!

Ideally on my end I'll be going golems. Putting Wave of Conviction on a Spell Totem rather than CDWT.

Debating linking another gem or two to flame wall for some added effectiveness and screwing around with Cluster jewel min maxing.

I personally do not like the golem micromanagement, so I prefer to use the easier of the two options, but if you find a better way or sneak in some more overall damage, feel free to post your input for others to see!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info