[3.13] Burning Arrow Ignite Elementalist / ES Tree Added

"
CharityCase wrote:
"
sielma wrote:
"
CharityCase wrote:
I swapped to this from my golem slinger and it's slapping end-game much nicer on the same 1-2ex budget :D (can actually kill sirus easily with 5.5k vs 4k). I am confused how I am supposed to scale to 3-4m+ with doomfletch(at 1.3m currently) like @sielma, I'm able to do everything but the maven fights... :( any ideas on what would be best dmg upgrades next would be nice (I'm not sure if Transcendent Mind is best next upgrade or if I could invest the 3ex in other places for more dmg)- Great build guide, I can't wait to swap into end-game gear!

-Anima stone
-2x steel ring with add phys dmg
-despair with normal quality
-lvl 21/23 burning arrow
-awakened gems

something like this

Got up to 2.6m after getting anima, rings, and gem upgrade! Much nicer than 1.3m and it was only around 1ex upgrade total. Thinking about grabbing big cluster and trying to drop the bottom left of tree next to see if I can get endurance charges + life jewels + another primordial bond.
Current 3ex gear with 2.6m DPS
Spoiler

I wouldn't skip bottom tree. Call to arms is nice qol addition to build.
There is easy trick to get endurance charges. Change infernal for enduring cry and put it on left mouse button. You dont need infernal for normal mapping.

I dont use it because second trick winch is using smoke mine with detonate mine on left click. This way u wont need use 2 button for smoke mine and get nice travel skill + 29movement speed bonus. When u are bossing change mine for dash.

If You want to add cluster check medium with cooked alive and blowback. My give me around 20% dmg. Be careful when buying jewel cuz some mods looks nice but it dont work with dot build: cremator and smoking remains.

Jewel i use: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/YQPMvl7iY

btw You have 3.6m dps if u change gmp for swift affliction

You can try poachers aim jewel for additional pierce (better clear)
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Last edited by sielma on Jan 27, 2021, 4:53:33 AM
"
I wouldn't skip bottom tree. Call to arms is nice qol addition to build.
There is easy trick to get endurance charges. Change infernal for enduring cry and put it on left mouse button. You dont need infernal for normal mapping.

I dont use it because second trick winch is using smoke mine with detonate mine on left click. This way u wont need use 2 button for smoke mine and get nice travel skill + 29movement speed bonus. When u are bossing change mine for dash.

If You want to add cluster check medium with cooked alive and blowback. My give me around 20% dmg. Be careful when buying jewel cuz some mods looks nice but it dont work with dot build: cremator and smoking remains.

Jewel i use: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/YQPMvl7iY

btw You have 3.6m dps if u change gmp for swift affliction

You can try poachers aim jewel for additional pierce (better clear)

Thanks for the tips, Didn't know about smoke mines and left click! Will have to try it out.

Changing up to a weak ele bow made a decent difference, actually Melting Sirus now with almost 4m (should hit 5m+ once bow is done). Also, almost 5.7k hp helps a decent bit, I have been thinking now about how to sustain hp easier in end-game maven fights, thinking about trying out the Glorious + Doryani's Lesson cluster for overleech? I'm not sure if our bow and ignite playstyle would allow for decent leech though since this is my first ignite build :D. Maybe I wouldn't even need leech if I just stacked more hp/dmg though... will have to throw some currency at this once I finish crafting my bow :) (also have a pair of elusive+tailwind+onslaught boots in the making)
Spoiler
Last edited by CharityCase on Jan 27, 2021, 1:22:07 PM
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
Running a pretty similar build, but with Xoph's. The Elementalist + Burning Arrow combo is a definite winner. I tried to make Doomfletch work (I love that item to death), but Xoph's pushed past it in every situation I could imagine because of the prevalence of Phys as X element and the fact that flat ele rolls are so much bigger than flat phys.

Side note, if you really want to have a good time, try out a Berek's Respite. Nothing is more fun than firing a single shot and clearing a room, the hallway out of the room, and the next room (And potentially any nearby relatives of anyone you killed), all at once. It's pretty nasty. Reminds me of ED/Contagion, but with only one button, and barely any investment required.

Any chance of a POB with xohgs nurture? Cant get the DPS anywhere even remotely close with it no matter how I try, but I would LOVE to have that built in healing if i could.

Single Target: https://pastebin.com/0AYRhf1t

14m Sirus w/5 stacks (no GMP).

Clear: https://pastebin.com/LMdGvUhZ

10m at 5 stacks, with GMP. Stacks aren't a big deal til bosses though. 3.4m ignites will do most of the clear, with Berek's prolif doing MAJOR work. We're talking, "clear the room... And the next 2 rooms" with one shot.
Is reduced ignite duration good? What does it do exactly? Looking at replica emberwake!
It's not that bit that adds the damage, it's the other line about ignite damage being dealt faster that's the key figure. You drop a fat ignite that goes by much faster. letting you get more.
I ended doing a mash up of BlaydeX and Sielma builds (worse than both i guess tho :D), Asenath's Chant is so much qol!

killed Sirus, Maven, the 4 breach bosses fight and completed Simulacrum, maps decently fast fast. Pretty sure it can do uber elder but havent tried.

In general burning arrow elementalist is very cheap to get going and probably is a great league starter. With not great gear I sit at 7.5M single target dps with 5 ignite stacks (sirus melts).

This is my Pob if anyone wonders:

https://pastebin.com/DB1mN597

For mapping i use flesh and stone instead of vitality.
Last edited by caperoide on Feb 8, 2021, 1:55:20 PM
Is there a reason to use Wave of Conviction instead of Scorching Ray? I was planning to put either on Totems instead of CWDT, wouldn't need to link combustion and Scorching ray says its an exposure so should benefit from the Ascendancy the same?

Edit: Never mind, realized Scorching only applies exposure after it builds up to 8 stacks, plus Wave will AoE apply the exposure.
Last edited by Vess219 on Feb 9, 2021, 6:20:32 PM
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
Running a pretty similar build, but with Xoph's. The Elementalist + Burning Arrow combo is a definite winner. I tried to make Doomfletch work (I love that item to death), but Xoph's pushed past it in every situation I could imagine because of the prevalence of Phys as X element and the fact that flat ele rolls are so much bigger than flat phys.

Side note, if you really want to have a good time, try out a Berek's Respite. Nothing is more fun than firing a single shot and clearing a room, the hallway out of the room, and the next room (And potentially any nearby relatives of anyone you killed), all at once. It's pretty nasty. Reminds me of ED/Contagion, but with only one button, and barely any investment required.

Any chance of a POB with xohgs nurture? Cant get the DPS anywhere even remotely close with it no matter how I try, but I would LOVE to have that built in healing if i could.

Single Target: https://pastebin.com/0AYRhf1t

14m Sirus w/5 stacks (no GMP).

Clear: https://pastebin.com/LMdGvUhZ

10m at 5 stacks, with GMP. Stacks aren't a big deal til bosses though. 3.4m ignites will do most of the clear, with Berek's prolif doing MAJOR work. We're talking, "clear the room... And the next 2 rooms" with one shot.

Hey, so I was browsing the forums to find an Ignite build to play next and just so happen that I have most of the equipment you use (in SSF so that's a huge bonus) in yours. I am however a bit concerned about the survivability. You travel a long way to grab that acrobatic node and that's pretty much it. 6.5k HP, flasks and Acrobatics? Am I missing something? Feels like you would melt against almost anything rough? Like a T14 Kosis in a Ritual or something would be enough to slap ya, no? The 600+ regen and 300isk life on hit is almost negligible in terms of a prolonged fight.

I really really want to try your version but a bit skeptical about the lack of defensive layering, but hoping I am missing something obvious, or maybe I am just overly cautious?

Would appreciate a reply, or you can message me directly if you feel like this is a bit of a hijack of OPs thread. Thanks a bunch!
Worth starting this with ~12 ex and then farm further with it? Mostly Valdo's maps.
The crazy thing is how well this build scales with an aurabot. I'm running with a guardian aurabot that essentially maxes out my phys reduction to 90% and gives me another 23% regen, but hatred, anger, wrath, malevolence at 400% effect essentially let's me delete sirus in 1-2 seconds. I also get to carry all four herald's for more flat dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info