Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
Faldrath wrote:

Anyway. Mostly ranting, but general survival tips for t15+ content would be appreciated :)

There's not much I can say aside from always be moving, rather chip away at the edges of larger mob groups than going straight through them and getting both an anti-bleed and poison flask. Bleed can kill you very quickly without you even noticing it, the same thing happens with poison.

Also I see you didn't skill the Elemental Aegis which provides you with +3k eHP against the elements and skilling the 2 remaining life+chaos res nodes in the Purity of Flesh cluster might help a bit too. Lastly, you can take away an area of effect node in the Blast Radius cluster and invest it elsewhere.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
"
Faldrath wrote:

Anyway. Mostly ranting, but general survival tips for t15+ content would be appreciated :)

There's not much I can say aside from always be moving, rather chip away at the edges of larger mob groups than going straight through them and getting both an anti-bleed and poison flask. Bleed can kill you very quickly without you even noticing it, the same thing happens with poison.

Also I see you didn't skill the Elemental Aegis which provides you with +3k eHP against the elements and skilling the 2 remaining life+chaos res nodes in the Purity of Flesh cluster might help a bit too. Lastly, you can take away an area of effect node in the Blast Radius cluster and invest it elsewhere.

Thanks. I do have an anti-corrupting blood jewel, so bleed is usually not an issue. I should reroll my granite for poison, I used to have a life flask for that but lost it when I switched to the unique ones. Good catch on the Blast Radius point, I hadn't noticed it.

As for Elemental Aegis, I did mention in an earlier post that I switched to Heart of Destruction because when you get to t15+ maps bosses seem to take too long to die, and HoD helps with that. And I have a feeling that what gets me killed is very strong physical hits, not so much ele damage, but it is hard to tell sometimes.
Afaik you still need a staunching flask for regular bleeding ^^ And I didn't catch your reasoning for HoD earlier, so that definitely got past me. But, what do you expect of RF? It can't oneshot bosses ever and I'd rather be tankier than killing a boss 5 seconds faster :P On T16 most mobs die within 1-5 seconds anyway and map bosses maybe 15-60 seconds (Except guardians/atziri and/or other meatbags), depending on how juiced it is (and other annoyances like Maven). You do you of course, just for me it doesn't make much sense.

As pointed out often times, if you struggle with physical resistance, get gear with high armour since ES and EV don't benefit us at all :D That's just my 5 cents ^^ Please note that this is just my opinion, yours can differ of course.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Hi WoD,
First, thanks for the great guide once more.

Been following more or less your RF guides since Metamorph (the only real char i could play on a PS4, meanwhile got my old open BETA account), and still love to melt some maps with RF.

About this one char, sometimes feels to glassy (how i miss those endurance charges). But overall love much more the gameplay whith cyclone/fortify.

Doing T16 maps with not muche hassle, just need to be carefull with some of the mods, but that's life.

BTW, does anyone has any piece of good advice on how to beat Sirus? Struggling alot with him, all goes well thil i hit the last phase, the all the portals just go away.

In terms of gear, just hitted the point where i need to open the wallet real wide to get some upgrades, but out of my mind comes the jewels and shield the 1st pieces to go, what your thoughts?
"
I hope everyone is well and having fun. You all rock!

yes :)
Last edited by TonyyTony on Mar 11, 2021, 1:57:26 AM
Hi Wrecker,

This is my 2nd RF character using your guide.

I'm using Kaom's Heart for my chest piece so I'm short on sockets and am doing without wave of conviction.

Just wondering any recommendation on the last ascendancy to select since I don't have wave of conviction for the -resistance debuff?
Good day everyone! I hope all is well and gaming has been fun. Let's see what we have for today :)...

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
With my recent upgrades (Belt and Chest as well as 1 jewel) I'm having almost 9k HP, almost 1,7k r/s, 54% phys reduction and 40something chaos resistance and am able to more or less comfortably run even alched T16 maps, avoiding all nasty mods of course (Oh boy, the times I had to scour maps because it would give me less regen lol).

Spoiler

Today I've beaten an alched Hydra (Without dying once, but admittedly Hydra and whatshisface with the water orbs all over the place are the easier guardians), ran several Breach maps, was able to survive maps with a TON of harbingers (Due to Maven Area skill points in that region pumped into Harbinger nodes all the while the maps had the beyond mods!) while I wasn't able to currently do that with my zombies and now I'm going to get the rest of the level up first before continuing gathering bosses for Maven, approaching the Minotaur without hiring free boss-killer help from #820 and trying Uber Atziri for the first time ever in almost 900 hours game time, heh.

Next I'm gonna upgrade either my rings (Higher life roll) or my shield (3% max res, but I only buy shields that offer the same amount or more armour than my current one, so 900+), depending on what is available and how much stuff I sell (The soulrend gear still needs to sell, oh boy that was a grab for the toilet pit). I was contemplating getting corrupted armour doryani boots with a % life implicit that give me level 25 purity of fire for that one extra % max res, but I'm not really sure about that. Resistances are no problem, but the POB comparison data confuses me, it even deemed my new belt worse than my old even though overall it offers a lot more.

So yeah, I'd say it's going very well. I'm even surviving alched T16 rituals now while only dying if I am too slow to activate my flasks lol

Edit:
Uber Atziri - Nope, just nope. Free boss-killers for the win! :P Just a shame she only dropped her armour. Not that I know what else she drops, but well. At least got the completion I guess.
HoG - Hard nope. Impossible.
Minotaur - Annoying, died a few times. But got him, heh.
I know right, LibraExAnima!

It's like someone at GGG has a "theme day" where they're like, "ok...today is "lower recovery day" or "Temporal Chains day" or something. Some days, I just get the same mods over and over. ;) Fun.

Nice gear! And great job on all of your progress! That's great to hear. Some of the bosses take more familiarity than others...and that depends on the build you're playing as well. I ignore HoG as well. I'm glad it's not "part of the map" now.

"
Faldrath wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks, doing well. When it comes to the build, I've reached that annoying point where almost everything that kills me does it almost instantly and I can't tell what happened. This is not the build's fault, it's PoE's... but the age-old "the grass is greener" thought always makes me want to consider playing something else. So I haven't really invested in this build since I might want to switch, even though maybe investing in it would help me avoid the one-shot crappy-annoying-insert-swear-word-here deaths. (I am also aware that I am releveling most of my support gems after getting 20% on them, so my power level is lower than it should be).

I totally hear you Faldrath!

The one thing I hate more than anything in my favourite game is that things get so busy that you can't see what's going on...that coupled with off-screen or post-death damage is just brutal. In my mind, the only builds that can easily handle (though not 100% of the time) that much surprise damage are: Glass Cannons or big beefy Armour builds. We either have to kill everything before it breathes for the first time, or have 90% physical damage mitigation and plus 75% resists. It's just that kind of league/state of the game. It's frustrating. I'd go glass cannon over the armour just cause the game has too much clustered-up non-sense. I'd rather see what's happening and actually play.

So, for everything in between, one someone's gear is good enough, surviving Vaal'd T16+ maps is all about the mods you roll (including Maven's Atlas Mods). Remembering whichever build's weakness(es) coupled with the map mods chosen is huge. Then, movement. Movement is the key to me. I'm a slower player and really like/wish I knew everything that was happening around me. So I find, with Cyclone especially, that movement speed and phasing are awesome. I have a Quartz flask ALL the time with my builds and it's 100% my saving grace in most maps. I don't really have to worry about phasing with Cyclone so I use a Quicksilver Flask in busy fights to make up for Cyclone's crap movement speed (which kills us for sure). Though I prefer to stay still, with this build, I don't. Since we have lower physical damage mitigation than we'd like, I do things like constantly spin around a boss instead of standstill. Or I'll keep going back and forth in a group until they're dead. Also, unfortunately, RF's MTX can kill you. Depending on the MTX, it can really block a lot of ground damage that enemies put around.

I know that's all basic, but I hope it helps some.

"
Mokado wrote:
Spoiler
Hi WoD,
First, thanks for the great guide once more.

Been following more or less your RF guides since Metamorph (the only real char i could play on a PS4, meanwhile got my old open BETA account), and still love to melt some maps with RF.

About this one char, sometimes feels to glassy (how i miss those endurance charges). But overall love much more the gameplay whith cyclone/fortify.

Doing T16 maps with not muche hassle, just need to be carefull with some of the mods, but that's life.

BTW, does anyone has any piece of good advice on how to beat Sirus? Struggling alot with him, all goes well thil i hit the last phase, the all the portals just go away.

In terms of gear, just hitted the point where i need to open the wallet real wide to get some upgrades, but out of my mind comes the jewels and shield the 1st pieces to go, what your thoughts?
Hey Mokado!

You're very kind :) That's wonderful to hear that you've been playing my RF versions for so long. And I appreciate your honesty as well. I too miss the Endurance Charges. This is the build I flip/flop the most on. I really like EVERY reason there is to be an Elementalist with RF...except the physical damage mitigation. Yet, with the Chieftain, it would never die, but it was much more tricky and circumstantial. It's such a good design by GGG to make the choice so hard ;).

I'm glad you're going well though. In terms of the next upgrade, your suggestions make tons of sense. There's a lot of power in Cluster Jewels. To me, your gear is amazing. I don't think I saw one wasted mod. I don't think I've ever seen that. Sure some mods could be higher, but to have every single mod apply to the build, that's crazy. That being said, there's a lot of influenced mods that can bring you to the next level (like nearby enemies take extra fire damage, % life per kill, phsyical damage reduction, exposure on hit...lots of stuff. The thing is, you'll have to separate yourself from those nice mod combos... which's tough.

I think your Rings and Belt could be the easiest to fancy up in that regard. Maybe your Sceptre as well.

Thanks again for your kindness. Hopefully, this helps a bit.

"
TonyyTony wrote:
Spoiler
"
I hope everyone is well and having fun. You all rock!

yes :)

Good stuff :)

"
tinivuel86 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

This is my 2nd RF character using your guide.

I'm using Kaom's Heart for my chest piece so I'm short on sockets and am doing without wave of conviction.

Just wondering any recommendation on the last ascendancy to select since I don't have wave of conviction for the -resistance debuff?
Hey tinivuel86! Hi!

Kaom's is tricky. But like any unique, I say, "use at your own risk". PoE's website isn't letting me see your character right now for some reason so I'm not sure what you've selected already. What I'd base your next choice on, is what you're weak on right now (if you're happy with where your gear is at). If you lack defence, go defensive. If you lack offence and survivability is fine, go offence.

I know that's generic but adding that kind of item to a build really falls down to your own preferences and changes. Let us know what you choose.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Should I dump this helm in favor of a enchant for RF 6L then free up my chest for 6L golems?

I've used a RF damage enchant helm in all my previous RF builds but...

Feeling squishy as I approach lvl 90 (died a bunch of times on regular Atziri, which has never been a problem before) so I'm worried about red maps and other end-game stuff.

Limited marketplace for other upgrades that don't cost more EX than I have.
"
I totally hear you Faldrath!

The one thing I hate more than anything in my favourite game is that things get so busy that you can't see what's going on...that coupled with off-screen or post-death damage is just brutal. In my mind, the only builds that can easily handle (though not 100% of the time) that much surprise damage are: Glass Cannons or big beefy Armour builds. We either have to kill everything before it breathes for the first time, or have 90% physical damage mitigation and plus 75% resists. It's just that kind of league/state of the game. It's frustrating. I'd go glass cannon over the armour just cause the game has too much clustered-up non-sense. I'd rather see what's happening and actually play.

So, for everything in between, one someone's gear is good enough, surviving Vaal'd T16+ maps is all about the mods you roll (including Maven's Atlas Mods). Remembering whichever build's weakness(es) coupled with the map mods chosen is huge. Then, movement. Movement is the key to me. I'm a slower player and really like/wish I knew everything that was happening around me. So I find, with Cyclone especially, that movement speed and phasing are awesome. I have a Quartz flask ALL the time with my builds and it's 100% my saving grace in most maps. I don't really have to worry about phasing with Cyclone so I use a Quicksilver Flask in busy fights to make up for Cyclone's crap movement speed (which kills us for sure). Though I prefer to stay still, with this build, I don't. Since we have lower physical damage mitigation than we'd like, I do things like constantly spin around a boss instead of standstill. Or I'll keep going back and forth in a group until they're dead. Also, unfortunately, RF's MTX can kill you. Depending on the MTX, it can really block a lot of ground damage that enemies put around.

I know that's all basic, but I hope it helps some.

Thanks, the quartz flask was an excellent idea. I also switched back to Elemental Aegis as Libra suggested, and I think survivability is better, even tried a T16 without problems. Got some slightly better gloves so I can do ele weakness maps as well. I honestly feel that my gear is at the point that any significant upgrade would be in the multi-exalt range, so I'll soldier on and see how far I can get with it - unless I'm missing something obvious.
Hey, good day to all of you, Exiles.

Just wanted to say that the advice I got here by WoD, Libra and the other guys worked wonders.

I put a curses and an armor flask on my belt, threw in some inmunities, I worked on adding armor to my character and I was able to break my personal barrier of T12 maps! Still scouring the market for good helmets and gloves, but after changing boots, armor & shield I already was so much more durable.

So, thanks again for the help!! Wish I didn't waste so much time figuring it out by myself. All I wanted from this league was the ritual character effect, and I'm afraid I won't able to get it now... I'm still like 8 challenges away from it and I haven't got the slightest clue on how to complete them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info