Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
Elenher wrote:
Any advice on how to improve my gear?

I tried Sirus for the first time ever, I got him up to 10% hp and then somehow he one shotted me. Trying to prepare for the next fight, I have some currency but I don't really know what to look for, and I really want upgrades. I'm currently sitting at 8 ex.

I've been looking blindly at trade, comparing gear through PoB and that's the best I could get. Only thing I can think of is my armor, but every armor I see that upgrades my DPS and my HP is 20+ exalts. Maybe a Craiceann's Carapace? I think the crab skill may be good to shaft some phys damage.

Also, I thought about branching out of the passive tree using clusters, but I am at loss there. Anyone thought of this, or gave it a chance?

Edit: I forgot to ask, would elemental army do any good to our golems?

Boy, I've not reached Sirius yet but if you couldn't do it with your gear, I'm not very hopeful on my chances ;-(

A good "budget" use for your EX allotment could be cluster jewels. I've started tinkering with them in my current version and they're a powerful tool. For RF you'll want some that allocate "Burning Bright" at a minimum. You can run more than 1 jewel with Burning Bright so the buff stack. You should be able to pick up some decent ones @ 2-3EX ea.

On a large jewel it will be 12% Fire Damage, on a medium it will by 4% Fire DoT multiplier. You can get some synergy allocations on the jewels (if you search) like: Master of Fire, Widespread Destruction, Prismatic Heart, Doryani's Lesson, Disorienting Display, Sadist, Corrosive Elements, Cremator, Prismatic Heart, Smoking Remains, Vengeful Commander.

Just be advised on buying jewels that you only buy large cluster jewels with 8 additional skills, medium 5-6 max. Otherwise you'll have to respec a lot of other tree points in order to get the notable passives that you want.
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:

Boy, I've not reached Sirius yet but if you couldn't do it with your gear, I'm not very hopeful on my chances ;-(

A good "budget" use for your EX allotment could be cluster jewels. I've started tinkering with them in my current version and they're a powerful tool. For RF you'll want some that allocate "Burning Bright" at a minimum. You can run more than 1 jewel with Burning Bright so the buff stack. You should be able to pick up some decent ones @ 2-3EX ea.

On a large jewel it will be 12% Fire Damage, on a medium it will by 4% Fire DoT multiplier. You can get some synergy allocations on the jewels (if you search) like: Master of Fire, Widespread Destruction, Prismatic Heart, Doryani's Lesson, Disorienting Display, Sadist, Corrosive Elements, Cremator, Prismatic Heart, Smoking Remains, Vengeful Commander.

Just be advised on buying jewels that you only buy large cluster jewels with 8 additional skills, medium 5-6 max. Otherwise you'll have to respec a lot of other tree points in order to get the notable passives that you want.

I beat Sirus yesterday, and the only difference from my first fight was my armor. I bought a 6 white linked armor wich gave me like +500hp. It wasn't easy but I finally beat Sirus, wich puts me at 22/24 challenges. what I didn't know is Sirus escalates damage with awakening level... First time I tried he was at awakening 5, this time I tried awakening 0.

Thanks for the tips on the clusters. I looked at them and I figured some of what you told me. What I don't know is how to "amplify" the build. How to remove points from one "branch" to put them in clusters and end up beign more powerful.

I'm at level 94, and I can't level up. I do not die often, but I die from time to time and I do not progress. So I guessed I should re-allocat some of my passives into clusters. So far I haven't found jewells that, for example, give me more HP that the bottom left branch.
Thanks for your patience posters, it's been a busy bunch of days. Sorry for the delay. I'll get right to it.

"
redbaronnl wrote:
Spoiler
My second most fun build i have played (this RF build the most fun a.t.m.) is Frostbolt Totems. It wiped the screen of everything not rare/unique. I can stand safely behind my turrets (totems). I can place them in front of me so they clear the room before i enter. But haven't played since they lowered the number of totems. I did try a few other totems build, they didn't give me the same fun as the old Frostbolt Totems. The guide i used back then was from LiftingNerdBro. So if you're open to requests, a totem build in you're style would sounds like lots of fun to me :) If not no problem!!!

What i like about you're guide is that i don't need to spend must effort on finger placement and what buttons to press. So i can focus more on thats going on on the screen (not that thats going very well :p).
Thanks redbaronnl! Great feedback! Thanks for not only your request but what you like about the guides/playstyle. That's great to hear. And I'm glad the RF build is so fun for you :). Thanks for the post!

"
Elenher wrote:
Spoiler
Any advice on how to improve my gear?

I tried Sirus for the first time ever, I got him up to 10% hp and then somehow he one shotted me. Trying to prepare for the next fight, I have some currency but I don't really know what to look for, and I really want upgrades. I'm currently sitting at 8 ex.

I've been looking blindly at trade, comparing gear through PoB and that's the best I could get. Only thing I can think of is my armor, but every armor I see that upgrades my DPS and my HP is 20+ exalts. Maybe a Craiceann's Carapace? I think the crab skill may be good to shaft some phys damage.

Also, I thought about branching out of the passive tree using clusters, but I am at loss there. Anyone thought of this, or gave it a chance?

Edit: I forgot to ask, would elemental army do any good to our golems?
Dang Elenher! You have some pretty nice stuff! I'd say normally say you don't need to improve on anything. They are awesome. But only since you asked, your rings and shield can be improved. Check out some of the influenced mods for shields and rings and you'll have a new grinding goal set in no time. There are quite a few mods that appeal to RF characters. I'd kill for some of your gear though ;).

I hope everyone is well and taking care of themselves and those around them. Stay safe and love your neighbour. I'll see you Thursday.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Elenher wrote:
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:

I beat Sirus yesterday, and the only difference from my first fight was my armor. I bought a 6 white linked armor wich gave me like +500hp. It wasn't easy but I finally beat Sirus, wich puts me at 22/24 challenges. what I didn't know is Sirus escalates damage with awakening level... First time I tried he was at awakening 5, this time I tried awakening 0.

Thanks for the tips on the clusters. I looked at them and I figured some of what you told me. What I don't know is how to "amplify" the build. How to remove points from one "branch" to put them in clusters and end up beign more powerful.

I'm at level 94, and I can't level up. I do not die often, but I die from time to time and I do not progress. So I guessed I should re-allocat some of my passives into clusters. So far I haven't found jewells that, for example, give me more HP that the bottom left branch.

I'm no expert on the cluster jewels by far, but what I've found is that the "notable" skills that they can allocate are mainly offensive or specific resistance based. The most you can get out of a cluster jewel is 10% max life (most are <=8%). But some will have +life mods in addition to the specific notable skill, so by "socketing" multiple jewels with higher max life you can see where the gains would be. But again, as you note, that comes at the cost of other passives on the tree.

This might help you figure out what's best for your style: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_cluster_jewel_notable_passive_skills

So, "amplifying" the build with cluster jewels will probably mean more damage vs. more life. Which is fine. For RF the damage does scale off total life but other Fire damage cluster mods will also boost it too.
Thanks everyone for being so fantastic to each other. Hopefully everyone is well and playing with a happy heart. I turned on the console yesterday to try PoE again (in case I was just grumpy the last month and thought the performance was worse than it was)...but the game was as unplayable as I remembered it. So I'm excited about the performance upgrades GGG has mentioned. So hopefully you're all enjoying the game for me ;). See you on Monday!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Really appreciate your guides, as I am an older (BUT NOT OLD!!) player who can't zip-zap-doodle their way out of stuff most times. I notice you mention to put certain 4 links in certain armors (head vs boots vs hands) but my understanding is that doesn't matter? Or maybe I'm missing something special about your build that makes it important?
"
widotchu wrote:
Really appreciate your guides, as I am an older (BUT NOT OLD!!) player who can't zip-zap-doodle their way out of stuff most times. I notice you mention to put certain 4 links in certain armors (head vs boots vs hands) but my understanding is that doesn't matter? Or maybe I'm missing something special about your build that makes it important?

Not required. BUT depending on your gear mods, you may get some additional buffs on the selected gems. For instance, if you have a +1-3 to golem gems mod in your helm, then obviously you want to socketed them there. Conversely, if you get that mod on gloves or boots, you'd want to move them.

Further, if you get a "6L" helm for RF, then you can move the RF gems to the helm and free up your chest for something else.

But straight up, it doesn't matter where the gems go as long as you have the right # of links etc.
Wew! Well that was a long weekend! It's nice to be back in PoE Land :) Thanks everyone for your patience.

Spoiler
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
"
widotchu wrote:

Not required. BUT depending on your gear mods, you may get some additional buffs on the selected gems. For instance, if you have a +1-3 to golem gems mod in your helm, then obviously you want to socketed them there. Conversely, if you get that mod on gloves or boots, you'd want to move them.

Further, if you get a "6L" helm for RF, then you can move the RF gems to the helm and free up your chest for something else.

But straight up, it doesn't matter where the gems go as long as you have the right # of links etc.
That's right Rex_Urhole. Good answer.

Thanks "totally not old but still older" widotchu! I appreciate your kind words. Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging! I'll be sure to put more answers to different "why" questions in 3.14's guides.

Rex answered well. The current suggestions are for easy-to-find gear. Minions are in the helmet slot because there are some common mods (later in the maps) that give + levels to socketed minions. RF is in the chest just because that's our natural 6L skill. If you find the really rare influenced helmet that lets you "6L" RF in your helmet, you can make the changes there. (OOOO! I just found an error in the guide checking out your question. Nice. Fixed!)

But as Rex said, you don't have to marry yourself to the suggested items. As items drop, make the changes you want.

I'll add a paragraph to the gems section for 3.14 about this. Thanks!

Sweet! See you on Thursday folks!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 6, 2021, 1:21:37 PM
Have a great weekend everyone! See you Monday. And enjoy the league launch announcement in 2 hours! Hazaa!

Annnnnd

Alright everyone! Thanks for such a great league! You've all been so kind and helpful to each other and I really appreciate you making this thread a safe place for people to ask questions. Thanks for all your praise and kindness and I wish you the best 3.14!

I won't be responding to this post anymore. I'm moving on to 3.14. But I'll post 3.14's link at the top of this guide when it's ready to go (I'll tweet it too so you don't have to keep coming back to check.) My filters will take a TON of work this league with all of the stuff being changed/added to PoE, but hopefully, I'll still have the time to get my guides out before league launch.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info